Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Same day departures on multi-day itineraries - cannot book

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same day departures on multi-day itineraries - cannot book

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AE
Same day departures on multi-city itineraries - cannot book

Flying TLV SFO AKL and back later. Well on the old advanced search screen I could define depart AKl on a particular day and then depart SFO on the same day. Unfortunately, the new multi-city screen throws an error.
  • Double-check your dates. One or more of the flights on your trip is earlier than the flight before it. Check the dates for each leg of your trip

How do I get to the old search screen where it was possible, or is there a work around??

Last edited by rawilliam; Aug 20, 2022 at 8:43 am
Old Aug 20, 2022, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rawilliam
Flying TLV SFO AKL and back later. Well on the old advanced search screen I could define depart AKl on a particular day and then depart SFO on the same day. Unfortunately, the new multi-city screen throws an error.
  • Double-check your dates. One or more of the flights on your trip is earlier than the flight before it. Check the dates for each leg of your trip

How do I get to the old search screen where it was possible, or is there a work around??
I ran into the same issue. I suspect it's UA's clunky workaround for their inability to handle married segment logic the way that they want. (Booking multi-city isn't supposed to make the price drop, bu tit sometimes does.

The workaround is to move the dates so they don't overlap, and then, when you get to that leg, view the fare calendar to switch to the date you actually want.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another workaround is use google flights multi-city:
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...eD7otTahNRUSw6
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...hNSwJTkWbgMDW7
jsloan and Aussienarelle like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.