Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2022, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: limey1K
2023 GS Invitation spreadsheet: https://tinyurl.com/2h6bhm4m - PLEASE ONLY ADD UAL PQP TO THE SPREADSHEET UNDER 2022 PQP
Please enter as much data as you have available for prior years too.

Originally Posted by sgopal2
Here are links to spreadsheets from years past. Unfortunately I was not able to find the links for 2019, 2021 and 2022. If anyone has them, please post. This might be useful to look back at historical spends needed to qualify for GS:
Originally Posted by IAHMCI
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Moved the links plus 2019 to the wiki

Believe as 2021 and 2022 were blank extensions, not spreadsheets were created for those years

Print Wikipost

GS 2023 Qualifications …. Any guesses?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
It doesn’t look promising.
Thanks, I'll try for one more Asia flight to see if I can get closer to 50k.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by klaysta
Thanks, I'll try for one more Asia flight to see if I can get closer to 50k.
Unless you are traveling on someone else's money, going for GS on your own dimes can be an expensive and risky move if you still fall short of qualification.

GS is only good if you are flying. It is worthless on the ground.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: United Premier 1k, Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond
With the price of long haul J going up dramatically I wouldn't be surprised if the minimums went up. I could realistically see new qualifications be in the mid 60s with requals lower at 50. I would also assume UA may gift GS one more year to previous long term GS as they don't want to lose that business.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by mike2003242
With the price of long haul J going up dramatically I wouldn't be surprised if the minimums went up. I could realistically see new qualifications be in the mid 60s with requals lower at 50. I would also assume UA may gift GS one more year to previous long term GS as they don't want to lose that business.
INTL: While prices did go up mid summer, that's not the case for the entire year. If you figure the first 3 months were pretty light loads due to Omnicron / countries not opening up, and in Q2 prices were quite competitive - I paid $5K RT business for multiple flights to UK and Portugal when in the past the fares would be $7K+, I doubt there's been enough spend in the last 4 months to result in an uptick in qualification threshold to the mid 60's. My guess would be 45-50 range, but we won't know until the invites go out Late December/January.

Personally I'm just hoping for new baggage tags (!) as I'm tired of seeing "2020 - Denver" hanging off my bag. Just bizarre that they did that for GS's (rotating cities on GS baggage tags, regardless of where you are actually based) - hopefully it's a standard 2023 GS bag tag with no city designator. But I'm probably dreaming about getting anything!
kirkwoodj and limey1K like this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Dyce
INTL: While prices did go up mid summer, that's not the case for the entire year. If you figure the first 3 months were pretty light loads due to Omnicron / countries not opening up, and in Q2 prices were quite competitive - I paid $5K RT business for multiple flights to UK and Portugal when in the past the fares would be $7K+, I doubt there's been enough spend in the last 4 months to result in an uptick in qualification threshold to the mid 60's. My guess would be 45-50 range, but we won't know until the invites go out Late December/January.

Personally I'm just hoping for new baggage tags (!) as I'm tired of seeing "2020 - Denver" hanging off my bag. Just bizarre that they did that for GS's (rotating cities on GS baggage tags, regardless of where you are actually based) - hopefully it's a standard 2023 GS bag tag with no city designator. But I'm probably dreaming about getting anything!
I'm looking at DEN-GRU, DEN-GIG in early November and fares are stupid high in J. $!2-18K with Y only being $1800-2500.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by ani90
No - I think it's the people who are responding that are a fascinating subset....lots of lurkers, indeed regular posters, here who haven't spent 50K in the entire pandemic talk less in first eight months of the year!
this.

I was a $70-80k a year flyer mostly to Asia. That hasn’t come back yet and won’t for a bit.

I do domestic flying as well- often paid first but unlike pre covid when I was flying to LAX/SFO all the time I’m flying to other cities with relatively cheap paid up front fares (600-700 round trip).

I had 1 Europe business class paid this year. I’ll Spend about $12k this year.

next year I have 5 Europe trips before July all in paid first. Haven’t booked yet. If I maintain GS I’ll do them on UA if not I’ll check out other carriers and spread the money around.

im not hopeful that UA will play the long game here and more likely to be short sighted.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by limey1K
I'm looking at DEN-GRU, DEN-GIG in early November and fares are stupid high in J. $!2-18K with Y only being $1800-2500.
i just did GIG round trip for $5K in J, purchasing one week in advance. As GIG is only served from IAH, perhaps check DEN-IAH and IAH-GIG separately?

or go via Panama on Copa for 1/3 price (no lie flat though)
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Dyce
i just did GIG round trip for $5K in J, purchasing one week in advance. As GIG is only served from IAH, perhaps check DEN-IAH and IAH-GIG separately?

or go via Panama on Copa for 1/3 price (no lie flat though)
Yeah, I priced it out separately and DEN-GIG is $15,816 and IAH-GIG is $11,806. I'm not a huge fan of PTY or Copa :-) Just a few seats open in J too on the very expensive flights..

AA wants $11,380 and 25 hours to get there from DEN
Dyce likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: ua gs, bonvoy platinum, hyatt explorist
IAH based, Will end the year at ~$42k PQP. Very concerned I won't get the nod.

2021 = 24k PQP
2020 = 25k PQP
2019 = 70k PQP
2018 = 67k PQP
Old Oct 20, 2022, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by limey1K
missed that this was suggested already and not sure how to delete. Disregard

I was recently looking at DEN-EZE in early Jan and also saw the stupid prices. As soon as I took off the den-Iah leg it came back down to earth…maybe the same for your needs….?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by proletariat_class

2021 = 24k PQP
2020 = 25k PQP
2019 = 70k PQP
2018 = 67k PQP
I’d push for GS if it’s not offered. You might be offered you a challenge.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: ua gs, bonvoy platinum, hyatt explorist
Yep. Even with the challenge, without China it's going to be tough.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by proletariat_class

2021 = 24k PQP
2020 = 25k PQP
2019 = 70k PQP
2018 = 67k PQP
I still suspect 24K PQP will be the new 2023 requirement for 1K, but not yet announced - it would be interesting to see if they give you GS or challenge you based on your prior year numbers as that might offer a hint about what's to come for the rest of the tiers.
ContinentalFan and limey1K like this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: UA GS & 3MM, HHONORS Diamond
My main use for PP is T-72 hours when I will try to push an upgrade when 3 unsold seats are left. To me that is the best GS benefit.

I don't generally bother to use PP ahead of T-72 because, as has been mentioned many times, they do not clear, and if you get a battlefield upgrade the points are deducted even though you may not have needed to use the PP (although maybe the PP gets you #1 when there are other GS on the list who did not use PP). I also have had better luck keeping the PP-upgrade (when I get it) in case of taking an earlier flight at the gate, but no guarantees and it depends on the gate agent (had a great experience at IND last month).
Old Oct 27, 2022, 5:40 pm

Sorry to be slightly OT here, but can't find any better thread for this quickly... assume booking Premium Plus "counts" towards GS requalification just as much as booking business or full fare does...but does anyone have any insight into that?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.