Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2023, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
1. When requesting an Old Fashioned on United, ask the FA for this bottle:

2. Depending on the aircraft type, they may only be available in F.
3. If loaded by catering on to an aircraft, usually located in the wine drawer under the ice.

Print Wikipost

UA's Old Fashioned mix

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MM
I don't think I've seen the New Fashioned bottle. I have a collection of the old old fashioned bottles which, when empty, are good for carry-on drams for my travels. They are 100 ml, so the maximum TSA size. (When I come back from my trips, sometimes I've drunk them, sometimes I haven't.)
tx_wiingman likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by lancelot21
I don't think I've seen the New Fashioned bottle. I have a collection of the old old fashioned bottles which, when empty, are good for carry-on drams for my travels. They are 100 ml, so the maximum TSA size. (When I come back from my trips, sometimes I've drunk them, sometimes I haven't.)
"Hic!"

David
Old Aug 16, 2022, 12:55 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by DELee
At least two bottles are stocked on each mainline flight. MatthewLAX knows where they are kept.

David
I'm not MatthewLAX, but I know they are kept in the red wine drawer.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 7:11 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
I find it interesting that though they still seem to stock them, they have not been mentioned in the Hemispheres magazine for some time.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Thanks for this thread, will hafta try & get one this week!
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Did Old Fashioneds make a comeback? Or were they ever gone?

Fly ORD-DEN the other day, and to my surprise, the FA mentioned that they were carrying premixed old fashioneds again despite them not being listed in the beverage list of the magazine - much to my pleasant surprise. I had thought and been told, perhaps incorrectly, these disappeared late 2021/early 2022.

Does anyone know if this is true, are they making a comeback? A fluke? Or perhaps they never left?

Thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2023, 5:53 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium and LTT
They usually load them with the red wine. I've been able to order them on every domestic flight these past few years. They aren't advertised but as far as I can tell they never went away.
seanp7 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Yes, it never went away.
I have had them througout 2022.

Whether they have been loaded on each flight appears to be inconsistent.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 6:11 pm

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
Originally Posted by Marno
They usually load them with the red wine. I've been able to order them on every domestic flight these past few years. They aren't advertised but as far as I can tell they never went away.
+1, sometimes you have to tell FA to check next to red wine. Sometimes there are only a handful per flight.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by CaptKornDog
Fly ORD-DEN the other day, and to my surprise, the FA mentioned that they were carrying premixed old fashioneds again despite them not being listed in the beverage list of the magazine - much to my pleasant surprise. I had thought and been told, perhaps incorrectly, these disappeared late 2021/early 2022.

Does anyone know if this is true, are they making a comeback? A fluke? Or perhaps they never left?

Thanks!
They never left - just hard for some FAs to find in the red wine drawer when serving Y.

For those sitting up front, you get your own glass - as mine was served today:

David
artvandalay and marks88 like this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Thanks, everybody! Much appreciated. I clearly had bad info and stand corrected; should have been more assertive and asked previously I suppose.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
It's the best drink in the sky (VERY strong, though - be careful!).
Old Feb 7, 2023, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
I wish they’d bring back the Moscow Mule.
nnn and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 10:07 pm

Seems hit or miss on domestic but agree with comments here that usually the fa is either unfamiliar or doesn’t know where to look. Be persistent: ask them to check up front, in back, next to red wine…

I find usually 2-4 loaded on domestic. I’ve almost never seen them loaded on international unless those fa’s aren’t looking when asked. But I doubt this….
Old Feb 7, 2023, 10:28 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by Raven139AS
Seems hit or miss on domestic but agree with comments here that usually the fa is either unfamiliar or doesn’t know where to look. Be persistent: ask them to check up front, in back, next to red wine…

I find usually 2-4 loaded on domestic. I’ve almost never seen them loaded on international unless those fa’s aren’t looking when asked. But I doubt this….
Unfortunately, they are not boarded on international flights.
SPN Lifer and MatthewLAX like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.