Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Germany airport (FRA, MUC, ... ) issues for UA traveler Summer 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Germany airport (FRA, MUC, ... ) issues for UA traveler Summer 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by fumje
How did you enter Germany/Schengen? And why did the FRA exit officer care about entering UK? I think I'm failing to imagine the right intermediate step.
Something is missing. I have never shown my US passport to the immigration officer in FRA even when entering US or UK on it. The only situation that causes a bit of confusion is the FCT. Because LH gives your passport to the immigration officer they'd need both. But given you mentioned a line I'm guessing no FCT :P
cricketer likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: UAMP
Originally Posted by fumje
How did you enter Germany/Schengen? And why did the FRA exit officer care about entering UK? I think I'm failing to imagine the right intermediate step.
Correction- the priority security line was this morning in Lisbon (it's been a long trip). I can't answer about the main security lines at FRA but just the usual passport/airline screening lines.

As far as FRA, there was some type of control point to get to the Z gates. That's were the little incident occurred. It was staffed by German police, and I believe she was confused as to why there was an EU exit stamp already in my US passport from Marseille, and how I got into Europe. I explained I entered through the UK on a UK passport so she inspected that, and then everything got confusing- supervisor, million questions.

Honestly I didn't understand what it was about. And some stamp..
Old Jul 15, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: IHG Gold Ambassador
We transited FRA two weeks ago and we were able to use the priority security lanes in the Z terminal. It didn't really save us much time because of the design but that's an entirely different discussion.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by gmt4
FRA A did three days ago -12 July.
as of today they said. Add ZRH to the list
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
as of today they said. Add ZRH to the list
Who are "they"? I'll report back on the situation at FRA A this Sunday the 17th. Will be back thru there.

Maybe this is some sort of efficiency measure during high demand periods. Even before things fell apart this summer there were times the Priority security lane was no faster than the regular line. Making all lanes the same for all classes of passengers now really doesn't make things worse in that context.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by gmt4
Who are "they"? I'll report back on the situation at FRA A this Sunday the 17th. Will be back thru there.

Maybe this is some sort of efficiency measure during high demand periods. Even before things fell apart this summer there were times the Priority lane was no faster than the regular line. Making all lanes the same for all classes of passengers now really doesn't make things worse in that context.
The only thing I would say -- as someone that always uses the J / *A priority lines -- the travelers in these lanes tend to be slightly more experienced (i.e. not bring bottles of water through security) -- so it's been my experience that it does move quicker -- but it's not a huge difference that's for sure....
Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
The only thing I would say -- as someone that always uses the J / *A priority lines -- the travelers in these lanes tend to be slightly more experienced (i.e. not bring bottles of water through security) -- so it's been my experience that it does move quicker -- but it's not a huge difference that's for sure....
I use them all the time as well, but passenger experience level means nothing when the operators are slow and some passengers require 4, 5, or even 6 trays per passenger. I travel with two laptops, two phones, chargers, cables and an ipad in my bag. That can't be helped. I will not check electronics. I have to empty it all out into trays because of their personnel competence levels and screening equipment capability. This stands in stark contrast to Pre Check in the US where I leave it all in my bag and breeze thru in seconds. In these overseas airports when it takes even 1 minute per passenger to screen a them and their items do the math for yourself on the throughput they can achieve. Sixty people per hour per lane is atrocious. Yes, it is no exaggeration they are really that slow at times in FRA. I have observed and timed it. Its absolutely no surprise the lines stack up quickly in high demand times like these.
chemengin likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Be aware when booking your connections. FRA and MUC have no more fast lanes for Star Glod and/or BC/FC
No word from UA about it and not prepared to rebook tight connections
I have seen no reports that FC premium security is down. Do you have any prove of that?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

We flew out of FRA 1 July and there were priority limes at security
Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by cfischer
I have seen no reports that FC premium security is down. Do you have any prove of that?
for example
https://www-spiegel-de.cdn.ampprojec...6cb2c0e9af-amp
Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
So same story as elsewhere, lack of adequate staffing. Truly the summer of our discontent.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
I was at MUC yesterday and used the LH First/Star Alliance Gold security line at the far right of the T2 security zone. I think your information is incorrect, at least as of July 14th, 2022, the fast track security line at MUC is still active....
Old Jul 15, 2022, 9:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Is this referring to LH elite check-in or airport security (the thread title and what folks have been replying about)?

Terminology was a bit vague.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 12:53 am

15 July FRA Z priority lanes were open in the morning (decent amount of people) but closed (no wait) around 3p-4pm. Saw the lines available for B in the morning too. This was transiting and no immigration so not sure if thats a different area - Walked for many miles in the same spot while managing to go through security twice. Took a bus that a guy said goes to other lounges. Couldn’t find the bus again.
cfischer likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
o.k., I'll call b.s. on that. Yes, there was an Email to M&M members suggesting there COULD be an issue at certain airports. No issues reported at FRA and MUC and given the volume of premium travel at FRA/MUC it is quite unlikely this will happen, in particular for First Class. Sounds like nobody is reporting any issues so far and I haven't seen any either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.