Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Suggestion for use of new interface
Originally Posted by cfischer
Once I expand at the bottom to 'show all flights' the sort works w/o any issues for me.
Potential workaround, while it lasts
Originally Posted by fumje
To use the old search interface, use this URL to open the old 'advanced' interface and start the search:

Code:
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/flight-search/book-a-flight/

If for some reason the interface doesn't work, use this URL template to construct your search manually, replacing all capital letters in the template (ORI = origin code, DES = destination code, YYYY-MM-DD = date, N = number of passengers) :

Code:
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/flight-search/book-a-flight/results/awd?f=ORI&t=DES&d=YYYY-MM-DD&tt=1&st=bestmatches&at=1&rm=1&cbm=-1&cbm2=-1&sc=0&px=N&taxng=1&idx=1

And if you get access denied errors, visit united.com (home page), refresh, then try again.

No guarantees that they keep these available, but enjoy for now.

Another tip: if for some reason the options seem too limited (either old or new interface), try just redoing the search. I have found the number of results sometimes increases the second time trying.
Print Wikipost

Old Award Search Gone?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
The inability to toggle the new award calendar between nonstop and connecting pricing is infuriating.
Yes indeed. Aggravating.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/ *G
I always used to vacation plan using the 30 day business award calendar. It is near impossible to bring up now. Any good tricks? Everytime I think I have it figured out (ie, go to Advanced Search, click Buisiness, go to bottom and click "all flights", then refresh), the work around doesnt work. Is this preplanned so you cant find the deals, or mearly a fix that need to happen in the background?
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
Originally Posted by tabTX
I always used to vacation plan using the 30 day business award calendar. It is near impossible to bring up now. Any good tricks? Everytime I think I have it figured out (ie, go to Advanced Search, click Buisiness, go to bottom and click "all flights", then refresh), the work around doesnt work. Is this preplanned so you cant find the deals, or mearly a fix that need to happen in the background?
Working fine for me from the homepage, just make sure the "Flexible dates" box is checked.

Old Aug 10, 2022, 7:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Completely by coincidence, I tried to find award flights yesterday for the first time in a long time, and was frustrated. Then today, I found this thread.
To use the old search interface, use this URL to open the old 'advanced' interface and start the search:
[...]
Thanks, fumje. I've saved your hints for future reference.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/ *G
Thanks for the tip! Will try again...
Old Nov 2, 2022, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This time, the old search is really gone...

ETA: It's back...
Old Dec 2, 2022, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Good tips. I despise the "new" search. Clearly no customer are ever consulted on these "upgrades"
halls120 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:45 am

I’m no longer seeing the notation for certain award itineraries that they are “Exclusively available to you as a Chase United cardholder” (or words to that effect). Definitely still seeing more/better award availability for P2 than for a non-cardholder UA account. FWIW, P2 holds the Biz Explorer & Gateway (until recently Explorer).

Other data points? For clarity, I am indeed using the old award search tool.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
I’m no longer seeing the notation for certain award itineraries that they are “Exclusively available to you as a Chase United cardholder” (or words to that effect). Definitely still seeing more/better award availability for P2 than for a non-cardholder UA account. FWIW, P2 holds the Biz Explorer & Gateway (until recently Explorer).

Other data points? For clarity, I am indeed using the old award search tool.
Are you logged in?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Are you logged in?
You betcha.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You betcha.
Are you logged out and then logged in?

(Sometimes the login seems to secretly expire.)
Old Feb 2, 2023, 10:03 am

Are you logged out and then logged in?

(Sometimes the login seems to secretly expire.)
Went back and forth between two accounts multiple times. Definitely logged in for all searches & seeing very clear differences in available ward inventory—just not the “We love you, you Chase customer” tag for the Chase United cardholder.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 10:22 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Went back and forth between two accounts multiple times. Definitely logged in for all searches & seeing very clear differences in available ward inventory—just not the “We love you, you Chase customer” tag for the Chase United cardholder.
Works for me but I think they word it differently now. On the city pair it now says "Special Member Pricing ? Clicking the ? Gives you the MileagePlus Cardholder verbiage.....us
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 5:41 pm

The Old Search is no longer working for me as of today. Can anyone else confirm if it is/isn't still working for you?
Old Dec 12, 2023, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by lovetotravelcheap
The Old Search is no longer working for me as of today. Can anyone else confirm if it is/isn't still working for you?
Seeing the same. Brutal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.