Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

When does the (physical) UC membership card arrive after Club credit card approval?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When does the (physical) UC membership card arrive after Club credit card approval?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2022, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan (Post # 39)
I spent 10 minutes trying to get the UA card to show up in the app after flying all night to FRA trying to get into the SEN lounge -- my business associate had the same issue -- even though my BP showed *G LH didn't care.... The Apple Wallet is now my new go to -- it hasn't failed me yet....
I wonder if a screen shot of the United Club card from the UA app would also work?
Old Feb 8, 2023, 10:22 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Anyone attempted to add their card to their Apple Wallet lately? My membership renewed to January 2024. I noticed the version in my Apple Wallet has the expired 2023 date. I tried to update but couldn’t. I considered deleting the expired one and adding the new one but I no longer see that as an option on the United app.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 11:34 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
Seems lately you can’t add something to apple wallet (club membership, status cards) if you already have it. You have to delete it first.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 11:48 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by jcturnbull
Seems lately you can’t add something to apple wallet (club membership, status cards) if you already have it. You have to delete it first.
Hmm, great suggestion. I did delete the old one and went back to the app, where the “add to apple wallet” was once again displayed however still not functioning. I get a message saying “Error saving Club Card to Apple Wallet”. Tried several times with same results. I wonder if the issue is with my phone since I tried adding a card from the IHG app and also was not able.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 1:35 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by ARR72
Anyone attempted to add their card to their Apple Wallet lately? My membership renewed to January 2024. I noticed the version in my Apple Wallet has the expired 2023 date. I tried to update but couldn’t. I considered deleting the expired one and adding the new one but I no longer see that as an option on the United app.
Originally Posted by ARR72
Hmm, great suggestion. I did delete the old one and went back to the app, where the “add to apple wallet” was once again displayed however still not functioning. I get a message saying “Error saving Club Card to Apple Wallet”. Tried several times with same results. I wonder if the issue is with my phone since I tried adding a card from the IHG app and also was not able.
I have seen the same thing all this year. Indeed, for the last few months, my UC membership card (via Pres Plus MC) didn't even appear in the United app at all. Surprisingly, United customer service was able to sort this out in 24 hours or so ... I'm a little surprised at that, but kudos to them for getting it fixed.

All that said, I suspect the "Error saving CLUB card to Apple Wallet" is a larger technical issue with the United app, brought about by some sort of changes made in the last six months or so. Anyone know the most effective way of contacting United web or app support?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.