Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2022]

Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For international flight issues, please use
Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2022)

Information resources:
UA Flight Status
FlightAware / Flightstats (flight details)
Cancelled Flights (FlightAware)
Diverted Flights

previous domestic delay / cancelled flight report threads
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2021]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2020]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2019]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2018]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2017]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2016]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2014]

If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this link
Quote:
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
[email protected], response in 30 business days
Print Wikipost

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2022]

Old Jul 30, 2022, 5:12 pm

#1848, MCO to SFO - "Captain's map is broken"

Son (and three friends) are on this flight, now delayed to departure to 7:10pm. If flight is cancelled, what are his options? (He has no status on United.)

I've started to look at hotel availability in the MCO area for tonight. Not concerned about United paying for the hotel, but would like to know what I should tell him if flight is cancelled. Stand in line at airport? Call United and get to hotel room since it's not likely they would fly out tonight? Wait it out at airport? Advice most welcome, thank you!
Old Jul 30, 2022, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by CaliforniaMom
Son (and three friends) are on this flight, now delayed to departure to 7:10pm. If flight is cancelled, what are his options? (He has no status on United.)

I've started to look at hotel availability in the MCO area for tonight. Not concerned about United paying for the hotel, but would like to know what I should tell him if flight is cancelled. Stand in line at airport? Call United and get to hotel room since it's not likely they would fly out tonight? Wait it out at airport? Advice most welcome, thank you!
i think you are fine, flightaware is showing it as taxiing out, 946pm eta.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 5:28 pm

All good, flight just took off. Thank you anyway!
Old Jul 30, 2022, 5:28 pm

Thank you, prestonh!
Old Jul 30, 2022, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by CaliforniaMom
Thank you, prestonh!
np. if it was further delayed, there was the LAX flight leaving in a bit. that would have been an option for future reference.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Well, again, it wasn't UA2335's day:

David
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
UA 2335 LAX-EWR 08/01/22:

David
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Bit of a rough morning for DTW/me today. Was booked on UA3448 to DTW-EWR this afternoon that got cancelled due to ATC congestion in EWR. Final destination is BNA. Went to rebook and was not provided with a single other option today when I hit "find alternate flight" - I'm wondering if my partial upgrade (PZ) was causing an issue. I've since been rebooked on a different itinerary (with fare class Y) and there are some other options now showing up for this evening.

There was/(is) a 1030am to Newark that I could have stood by for but wasn't able to confirm onto, which was a bit surprising as I thought my 1K would have had me at the top of the list for priority rebooking.

I talked to the gate agent here (I'm at the airport), he mentioned there was a 3 hr (now 5.5 hr) delay (MX) for UA4757 to DEN, and some passengers were re-routed on the earlier EWR flight so they could make a connection.

Anyways I was looking into UA4757, the plane got in to DTW last night but they just updated it and it looks like there is now a deadhead flight (UA6947) flying to DTW to go back out to DEN.

Good to be back to pre-pandemic times here at DTW

Last edited by BThumme; Aug 9, 2022 at 9:57 am
Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by BThumme
Good to be back to pre-pandemic times here at DTW
Was DL nonstop a consideration at booking? Even without the delay, UA DTW to BNA via EWR would add hours to the trip.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Was DL nonstop a consideration at booking? Even without the delay, UA DTW to BNA via EWR would add hours to the trip.
but more BIS miles
Old Aug 10, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Sure. But even though I'm DTW based, I still prefer United and *A and being able to get some work done at the LH lounge before flights.

DTW - EWR/IAD/ORD - BNA is more or less the same thing to me when flying this itinerary on United. I know everyone will have preferences about trying to avoid certain airports or what not, but the timing and price worked out the best for me via EWR. I'm going IAD the way home.

I did ask the original gate agent about being rebooked on the DL nonstop due to the cancellation, but I was told Delta isn't taking United passengers right now. I don't know if that's true or not but didn't bother pushing.

UA4757 ended up 5 and a half hours late yesterday, a lot of people were pretty frustrated. United didn't start giving out vouchers to people until after the third hour in the delay (it was rolling 20 minute delays too, which I think didn't help).
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:00 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I have a friend who was flying IAD-LAS on a paid F ticket. My friend has no status and does not have the credit card. His IAD-LAS flight cancelled and he was rebooked onto IAD-DEN-LAS but they rebooked him in economy despite having a paid F ticket, and there were F seats open on IAD-DEN with no one (left) on the upgrade list. When he was rebooked, the upgrade list was already cleared on IAD-DEN, and my friend was put on the upgrade list. Since he was a displaced F passenger, he was #1 on the list and ended up clearing. Is there a reason why United couldn't just confirm him in F?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:35 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by diburning
then he was rebooked, the upgrade list was already cleared on IAD-DEN, and my friend was put on the upgrade list. Since he was a displaced F passenger, he was #1 on the list and ended up clearing. Is there a reason why United couldn't just confirm him in F?
At the time of transfer to the new flight and waitlisted was there a seat for sale? Clearing could have been because of a no-show / misconnect / ... which freed up the last seat. If the upgrades had been run and there were enough eligible passengers, every seat would have been taken. Something opened up an additional seat and you friend, now on the list, got it.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 12:44 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I don't know if there was a seat for sale, but my friend did say that First was available according to the gate monitor, and the seatmap showed 2 open seats. He doesn't think there were enough eligible passengers, which is why he thought it was odd how they didn't just put him up there when rebooking. When they rebooked him on the IAD-DEN flight, the flight was already delayed, which is why the UG list was already processed by the time he was rebooked onto it.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:59 pm

Very long route to avoid weather, plus it shows speed as high as 617 mph, thats the fastest I have ever seen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.