Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Any point in noting incoming flight PNR on separate connecting PNR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 1MM

Plenty of time on an upcoming connection but was just curious. Inbound to NRT on NH and connecting to UA outbound - 2 PNR's. Any point in calling GS to make sure my inbound is noted in case of any delays?

thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Notes on a PNR are only "noticed" if an agent is reading the PNR and happens to look at the notes section. Why would anyone at the airport be reading your UA PNR in advance?
jsloan and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 11:09 pm

Programs: United currently plat
Originally Posted by avi8tir
Plenty of time on an upcoming connection but was just curious. Inbound to NRT on NH and connecting to UA outbound - 2 PNR's. Any point in calling GS to make sure my inbound is noted in case of any delays?

thanks!
seems like it wouldn’t hurt!
Old Jul 10, 2022, 11:30 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Maybe it's different if you're GS, where the GS agent may review the PNR notes and check the status of your prior flight. But everyone else, it doesn't make a difference, since the gate agent is not going to review the PNR notes and check the other flight's status.
wxguy likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
I wouldn't bother wasting an agents time with this while they're slammed.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
So put in my in the bucket of, "its a good idea". Candidly, I'm not sure what went on behind the scenes, but I had a trip booked with a Delta flight connecting to a UA flight. Night before GS did something to "remove" the DL flight so that I could check into UA because I was going to miss the cutoff time at the airport due to a DL delay (crew rest and late inbound the night before). Asked them to add a note to the itinerary just in case... next morning my DL flight was substantially delayed and missed my UA flight entirely - got to the United Club about 55 min after my UA flight departed and they had already rebooked me..
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.