Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

IAH/PIT Non-stop Economy $2K+ for the rest of the year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold

Was looking to book a flight to PIT and noticed last week United changed pricing on every direct roundtrip flight from IAH to PIT to over $2K for the rest of the year. I thought it was some pricing glitch, but has been like that for a week now. Does anyone know what's going on?? Unfortunately United is the only non-stop game in town.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
Originally Posted by richfish13
United is the only non-stop game in town.
Unfortunate for you, not so unfortunate for United.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Was looking to book a flight to PIT and noticed last week United changed pricing on every direct roundtrip flight from IAH to PIT to over $2K for the rest of the year. I thought it was some pricing glitch, but has been like that for a week now. Does anyone know what's going on?? Unfortunately United is the only non-stop game in town.
Does this include flights with a Sat night stay?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like somebody fat-fingered the IAH-PIT fare table.

There are discount fares filed, but all of them that I spot-checked include a restriction that they can't be used on non-stop flights.

UA can generally command a premium from IAH due to being non-stop, but not to this extent. It's an error that nobody has caught yet.

Originally Posted by Stopwatch430
Does this include flights with a Sat night stay?
Yes. This isn't a question of a min/max stay rule. They've deleted the entire discount fare table unless you're willing to connect.
findark and ContinentalFan like this.

Last edited by jsloan; Jun 30, 2022 at 3:58 pm
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Have you looked at the fare rules? What's the fare class?

In fact, have you looked at fares and inventory availability on EF?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by jsloan
Looks like somebody fat-fingered the IAH-PIT fare table.

There are discount fares filed, but all of them that I spot-checked include a restriction that they can't be used on non-stop flights.

UA can generally command a premium from IAH due to being non-stop, but not to this extent. It's an error that nobody has caught yet.

Yes. This isn't a question of a min/max stay rule. They've deleted the entire discount fare table unless you're willing to connect.
I thought it was probably a mistake, but was really surprised it's lasted so long. A nice consequence seems to be an inverse effect on reward mile redemption and I was able to snag my roundtrip for 22k miles today.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:46 am

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
DFW IAD

Saw that this week on non stop DFW IAD in F for $2160 with J9 no other classes open. Flight looked empty. No thanks for a Mesa 3 hour flight!

​​​​​​A few days later, $372.
​​​​
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.