Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Baggage Question (TK claims 2, UA claims 1)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:53 am
Formerly doc4science
Original Poster

Programs: United Airlines Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold

Hello!

Ive got an upcoming trip AAA-IST-IAD-BBB where AAA-IST-IAD is operated and marketed by TK, IAD-BBB is marketed and operated by UA. Booked via a travel agent . TK claims I get 2 checked bags. UA claims one. Will this be a problem when rechecking in IAD? If so I can upgrade to 1st for $99…

Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by doc4science
Hello!

Ive got an upcoming trip AAA-IST-IAD-BBB where AAA-IST-IAD is operated and marketed by TK, IAD-BBB is marketed and operated by UA. Booked via a travel agent . TK claims I get 2 checked bags. UA claims one. Will this be a problem when rechecking in IAD? If so I can upgrade to 1st for $99…

Thanks!
What's on your receipt? Is this the start of the journey, or is it a return trip?

Assuming TK allows you to check two bags, UA is prohibited by law from charging you extra to recheck them.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:18 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
If TK allows you to check through to BBB, all you have to do is hand the bag to UA with the baggage tag after going through customs in IAD. There should not be an extra charge, since TK is both marketing carrier and MSC (assuming IAD-BBB is your run-of-the-mill domestic flight).
jsloan and TPACjv like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.