Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated BCN logistics / connections / lounges for UA flyer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated BCN logistics / connections / lounges for UA flyer

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2022, 12:34 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Currently at Joan Miro and it’s your only option. It’s just fine. Cordonieu cava, lots of plugs, lots of room right now 0832. Showers, pretty good internet, ham sandwiches. A little better than the FRA senator lounge in C. So far. Will watch the crowd.
update- original post at 0800. At 0930 this place was hopping. However the servers were keeping up with the food and beverages. Line 5 deep at the coffee machines. They did provide 3 types of Cava, so there is that.

Last edited by boerne; May 20, 2022 at 1:37 pm
Old May 20, 2022, 1:51 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Miro is a solid lounge, Besides UA PP has access. They open at 0600 I believe it was completely remodeled about three years ago.

typically a nice food spread, there’s several local Cavas and full bar. In the morning it’s all self service until the main bar opens on the other side. Reliable and good
Old May 20, 2022, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Miro is a solid lounge, Besides UA PP has access.
If you have PP, check out Sala VIP Pau Casals. (Which is LX's contract lounge.) Super nice lounge.
Old May 20, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
If you have PP, check out Sala VIP Pau Casals. (Which is LX's contract lounge.) Super nice lounge.
Totally agree, since the remodel it is super super nice. I love the Bocadillos! They’re run by the same organization, and with PP sometimes they don’t let you into both. For example if you started at one they won’t let you into the other. I even contacted PP once about that
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:22 pm

I'm coming to the conclusion that when my wife and I fly from BCN in a few weeks I should just invest $50 or so in some decent food and bring it on board. Does anyone know if there are good food-to-go options in the terminal at BCN?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by postnobills
I'm coming to the conclusion that when my wife and I fly from BCN in a few weeks I should just invest $50 or so in some decent food and bring it on board. Does anyone know if there are good food-to-go options in the terminal at BCN?
Why? You can starve yourself on this flight and have a feast when you arrive in NYC.

For my LIM-IAH (red eye) flight yesterday, I told a FA that I would skip the meal and drink service. I did not bother to eat anything other than some fruits before arrival.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by postnobills
It's been about 18 months for me - but as I recall the amazing food in BCN does not exist in terminal 1 departures area -- there are some bars and a Burger King IIRC... ....
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:51 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Food in Barcelona Airport according to Google. It says that there is a NEW T1 Terminal. This is the tourist site. I wasn't able to do two links so will put the second in a separate post.I am bringing my own food for September, unless something changes.

Tourist Site for BCN
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:53 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Official BCN airport site - I have linked to the food page for T1. Am sure you can do better but there is a McDonalds and a Burger King. It's really a shame that we've got to resort to bringing our own food on Polaris flights. Understandable if we had a gluten allergy or something . . . but we're just not into Cauliflower and Grape salads!

BCN Food - Official Website

Last edited by WheelsUpGal; Jun 28, 2022 at 8:58 pm Reason: to show official BCN website
Old Aug 31, 2023, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Did UA change the lounge they contract with at BCN? I'm flying out of BCN in a few days and the lounge finder shows no UA logo next to any of the *A contract lounges at BCN. I'll be using my *G status only to enter as I won't be in Polaris. Which lounge(s) are open to me and which do you recommend I use?

Thanks!
-RM
Old Aug 31, 2023, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Did UA change the lounge they contract with at BCN? I'm flying out of BCN in a few days and the lounge finder shows no UA logo next to any of the *A contract lounges at BCN. I'll be using my *G status only to enter as I won't be in Polaris. Which lounge(s) are open to me and which do you recommend I use?

Thanks!
-RM
Looks like you're out of luck as UA says only Polaris gets access and Star Alliance says no *G lounges (only contract lounges). If you have Priority Pass, You can get into Sala VIP Miro.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 4:43 am

Programs: none
Great forum - once you get the hang of all the acronyms - and a helpful thread, but I'm still confused: for those lowly flyers like me with but a Mileage Plus card, no United status like 1K etc., an economy ticket and a United Club pass, will I be given entrance to the Joan Miró VIP lounge?
Old Sep 1, 2023, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI

Thanks!
-RM
Lufty gave us lounge access at BCN in May 2023 when we flew LH economy as *G, but UA is too cheap.

Last edited by AirbusFan2B; Sep 2, 2023 at 1:03 pm
Old Sep 1, 2023, 6:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by hamdel3
a United Club pass, will I be given entrance to the Joan Miró VIP lounge?
No, United Club passes work only at United Club's (no partner/contract/etc).
hamdel3 and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.