Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Business class lounge access: AC flights LAX-YUL-LIS, returning UA flight LIS-IAD-LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business class lounge access: AC flights LAX-YUL-LIS, returning UA flight LIS-IAD-LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry

I'm flying tomorrow on a United purchased ticket on Air Canada (pray for me) LAX-YUL-LIS in Business. Any clue what lounges I'll have access to at LAX and Montreal? I'm not sure since I'm traveling on Air Canada metal but on a United purchased ticket. I return from LIS on United metal via IAD to LAX.
I have the exact same itinerary in 1.5 months from now.

Thanks
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by backdoc
I'm flying tomorrow on a United purchased ticket on Air Canada (pray for me) LAX-YUL-LIS in Business. Any clue what lounges I'll have access to at LAX and Montreal? I'm not sure since I'm traveling on Air Canada metal but on a United purchased ticket. I return from LIS on United metal via IAD to LAX.

Thanks
UA does not fly LAX-YUL or YUL-LIS but AC does. Any UA flight 8xxx is not operated by UA
You will have UC or ML at LAX and ML at YUL
No Polaris Lounge on the outbound

On the returm with UA TATL Polaris ticket, you will have UC or PL access at IAD and LAX
Also contact lounge at LIS
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
UA does not fly LAX-YUL or YUL-LIS but AC does. Any UA flight 8xxx is not operated by UA
You will have UC or ML at LAX and ML at YUL
No Polaris Lounge on the outbound

On the returm with UA TATL Polaris ticket, you will have UC or PL access at IAD and LAX
Also contact lounge at LIS
That's a bummer, I won't get to LAX early then, UC is a zoo. I'm quite worried about transiting Montreal with all of the problems being reported at Canadian airports. I have a friend stranded at Toronto right now.

Thanks WineCountryUA
Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
That's a bummer, I won't get to LAX early then, UC is a zoo. I'm quite worried about transiting Montreal with all of the problems being reported at Canadian airports. I have a friend stranded at Toronto right now.

Thanks WineCountryUA
LAX ML is nice. Not the PL, but not a bad place to wait for a flight
Old Jun 26, 2022, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
LAX ML is nice. Not the PL, but not a bad place to wait for a flight
Thanks, I've never flown Air Canada so I've never been in a Maple Leaf Lounge. I haven't seen any recent reviews of the LAX lounge and if I have time I'll post some photos of it.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC

Thanks
In LAX from Terminal 6 where AC is, you can also head over airside to the international terminal where there is a Star Alliance Business class lounge and even better -- since I noticed you have an Amex Platinum -- an Amex Centurion lounge.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks, I've never flown Air Canada so I've never been in a Maple Leaf Lounge. I haven't seen any recent reviews of the LAX lounge and if I have time I'll post some photos of it.
Here's a (somewhat) recent review (disclaimer - link to my blog):

https://liveandletsfly.com/air-canad...ge-lax-review/

You'll have access to UA Club and I frankly prefer it, especially in the morning. One, because Bruce is there. Two, because the scrambled eggs, greek yogurt, and fresh berries are better than the spread in the AC lounge.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Here's a (somewhat) recent review (disclaimer - link to my blog):

https://liveandletsfly.com/air-canad...ge-lax-review/

You'll have access to UA Club and I frankly prefer it, especially in the morning. One, because Bruce is there. Two, because the scrambled eggs, greek yogurt, and fresh berries are better than the spread in the AC lounge.
A great review. Now you have me intrigued to meet Bruce and have my favorite breakfast combination. If my Uber from Silverlake this morning has a transponder I'll probably go to the UA Club, if not I'll go the Maple Leaf Lounge. I don't like to be rushed and running between terminals just for a snack doesn't make sense to me.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Thanks WineCountryUA
Its not a Canadian airports problem, its an Air Canada problem.
Good luck, and hope your LAX-YUL is on time (odds say no), and you make your connection.
The MLL in the international gates gets busy in the evening, but its a pretty nice lounge.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Its not a Canadian airports problem, its an Air Canada problem.
No, it's mostly an airport problem. There aren't enough "security" personnel to handle the increase in passenger traffic. Air Canada has no control over that.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond

Thanks WineCountryUA
Yeah Canada is a zoo right now but it’s a real YMMV situation. I was in Toronto last week and I waited 45+ minutes on arrival to go through Canada Border Patrol (only have GE, not Nexus) but breezed right through GE on the way home (though then my flight got canceled and I got home 12 hours late…)

On the flip side my colleague had an early morning flight out of YYZ back to the US on the same day and arrived 3 hours early and only made the flight by 5-10 minutes
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
No, it's mostly an airport problem. There aren't enough "security" personnel to handle the increase in passenger traffic. Air Canada has no control over that.
Yes, I am sure security is to blame for only ~30% of Air Canada's flights being on time in June....
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:58 pm

Programs: ba silver
Yul is my home airport and I just wanted to add my two cents.

Transiting through YUL you will go up some stairs along a corridor and at CBSA you will be doors that open directly into the International area

The MLL International is a good lounge better than any UC but not on par with the Polaris Lounge.

If you have Amex Platinum you can access the AF lounge. Decent lounge with a great buffet, real champagne and showers. May or may not be crowded.

As far as LAX would United make an exception for PL access acca through long-haul ticket that is sold as UA flights on UA ticket stock?

If not you can walk airside to the International terminal. The Star lounge is great an so is the Centurion Lounge.

Safe travels.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:40 pm

Personally I really like the Int’l MLL at YUL. Agree that it’s better than most UC (maybe not LAX), but the bar is great and the views from the mezzanine level are pretty cool.

I’ll be keen to hear the OPs experience. They’ll have plenty of time in the lounge as AC812/27JUN is posting a delay of 02h45.

The inbound aircraft (C-GEGI) posted an even heavier delay out of YYC … then took 39 mins to find a gate at YUL. Crazy.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:51 pm

OP, how’d you make out ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.