Premium Plus Seat Assignment unavailable

Old Jun 23, 22, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Premium Plus Seat Assignment unavailable

I booked a Premium Plus ticket for the flight from DEN-LHR. However, I was not able to actually get a seat assignment and the confirmation said the seat will be assigned later. I am not an experienced United flyer, so am concerned I will end up being downgraded. Should I be concerned?
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Jun 23, 22, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
No.

Oversales of PE usually result in upgrades instead, although most likely someone with status or a waitlisted upgrade will get it and you will be assigned their old seat. The bigger concern would be if they change the equipment to something without a PE cabin.
samfaniam and jsloan like this.
Old Jun 23, 22, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.024MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Select; WoH Dis
Welcome to FT, samfaniam!
Old Jun 23, 22, 11:38 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by samfaniam View Post
I booked a Premium Plus ticket for the flight from DEN-LHR. However, I was not able to actually get a seat assignment and the confirmation said the seat will be assigned later. I am not an experienced United flyer, so am concerned I will end up being downgraded. Should I be concerned?
Welcome to FT. Check available seat/s in Premium Plus daily, especially at 72, 48 and 24 hour mark. If still unsuccessful, most likely you will be assigned a PP seat at gate.
Old Jun 23, 22, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA
To clarify what others are saying . . . United seems to be happy to oversell PremPlus so long as there's space available in Polaris into which it can upgrade some PremPlus passengers. And this makes some sense - some of those booked in PP likely are applying Plus points to upgrade to Polaris, and at worst United gives an elite a "free" upgrade to make space for you.
jsloan likes this.
Old Jun 23, 22, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drewguy View Post
To clarify what others are saying . . . United seems to be happy to oversell PremPlus so long as there's space available in Polaris into which it can upgrade some PremPlus passengers. And this makes some sense - some of those booked in PP likely are applying Plus points to upgrade to Polaris, and at worst United gives an elite a "free" upgrade to make space for you.
But it does mean that there's no way to know what type of P+ seat may come open -- aisle, window, or center/middle.
Old Jun 23, 22, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA
Originally Posted by jsloan View Post
But it does mean that there's no way to know what type of P+ seat may come open -- aisle, window, or center/middle.
Yep. Unless you know where the elites are sitting.
Old Jun 23, 22, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by jsloan View Post
Which is why one compulsively checks the seat map at least once daily so as to snag a desirable seat if one opens up.
Old Jun 23, 22, 11:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 1kBill View Post
Which is why one compulsively checks the seat map at least once daily so as to snag a desirable seat if one opens up.
Or in my case, nearly Hourly
TusCOPlat likes this.
Old Jun 24, 22, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1kBill View Post
FYI, ExpertFlyer's free mode includes seat alerts.
therossinator and SPN Lifer like this.

Search this Thread