Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Purchasing United E+ for family member - do I get all the PQP points?

Old Jun 23, 22, 7:53 am
Original Poster

I've got the United Club card and will be using it to purchase seat upgrades from economy to economy plus for myself and 3 other family members. Do the PQP points awarded for that purchase get evenly given to each of the flyers, or do I get them all since I'm using the same credit card to buy all 4 and that Club card is tied to my FF number? Probably dumb question...but can't find straight answer yet. Thanks
Old Jun 23, 22, 8:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by Wekiva View Post
I've got the United Club card and will be using it to purchase seat upgrades from economy to economy plus for myself and 3 other family members. Do the PQP points awarded for that purchase get evenly given to each of the flyers, or do I get them all since I'm using the same credit card to buy all 4 and that Club card is tied to my FF number? Probably dumb question...but can't find straight answer yet. Thanks
Just like the RDM, they go to the individual traveler. However, you will earn your potential PQP on the card side (I think its limited to 500 pqp).
Old Jun 23, 22, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780 View Post
Just like the RDM, they go to the individual traveler. However, you will earn your potential PQP on the card side (I think its limited to 500 pqp).
Correct about the traveler getting the PQP. However, United Club card members can earn up to 4K PQP per year 500 PQP for every $12K in spending.
Old Jun 23, 22, 9:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
But apart from credit card spend, you never get anything towards MP status unless it's your butt in the seat. One reason why many of us gift our miles and pay cash for our own tickets.
jsloan, evol and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jun 23, 22, 10:02 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
While the above advice is correct for purchasing individual E+ flight access fees, there is one approach worth looking at, especially when purchasing E+ for multiple people for multiple trips --- E+ annual subscription. The purchase for a annual subscription is eligible PQPs for the purchaser and can cover multiple people. Need to price this out for the travel in a one-year period (a.nd you will need to be one of the travelers)
Economy Plus Subscriptions -- Q&A, issues, ....
Kacee and SPN Lifer like this.

Search this Thread