Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United to relaunch several GUM-Japan routes

United to relaunch several GUM-Japan routes

Old Jun 29, 2022, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Anyone at GUM know what the hold-up is for the United Club there?
There is a newly constructed space directly across the current UA Club which is going to be the new UA Club. The glass is covered with white construction paper with little holes to see through; a quick glance last month revealed an empty space - as in it's ready to be furnished, but I did not see any activity yet. I always ask any UA agents when I'm transiting through GUM, but they all seem to be mum about the project. Please return and transit through GUM on one of your next flights. If you're arriving from international, you will be whisked up to our newly opened third floor arrival hall (similar to NRT's concecpt) which will lead you to USCBP. Depending on which gates you disembark from, portions of the third floor arrival hall overlook the tourist district of Guam - Tumon. Safe travels.
SPN Lifer, uanj, EWR764 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by jp12687
This is great. I was really bummed when UA stopped HKG service to GUM.
UA is currently flying a 777 on GUM-HKG-GUM three times weekly. Same arrival and departure times as the PMCO 737 flight. Unfortunately, it's cargo-only.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL2810/
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL2811/
Old Aug 28, 2022, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Governor excited and concerned over resumption of Tokyo-Saipan flights

https://www.mvariety.com/news/govern...87ac2afd9.html
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Narita-Saipan inaugural flight ceremonies held in Japan

https://www.mvariety.com/news/narita...183c5459a.html

From another article:

"The route is anticipated to remain open for an initial six months, with a one-year extension. The flight will run three times a week."

"MVA adopted the Tourism Resumption Investment Plan, or TRIP, a collaboration between industry partners who joined forces to figure out a way to revive the local tourism industry, including the Japanese market.

"Through TRIP, United Airlines is eligible for financial incentives for their flights."

NMI welcomes back Japanese tourists

https://www.mvariety.com/news/nmi-we...8393b7388.html

The weekly schedule is at the conclusion of the second article.
jsloan, trust77 and Kmxu like this.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Sep 1, 2022 at 4:57 pm
Old Jan 22, 2023, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Officials: MVA did not receive ARPA funds to reopen Japan market

https://www.mvariety.com/news/offici...eb76b2e9c.html

Near the conclusion of the article is a quote by Marianas Visitors Authority (MVA) board member Ivan Quichocho, "Japan is not a market that responds quickly. It takes time. We saw that in the September and October numbers. It took us time to get that momentum going."

The MVA board had voted to allocate $8.6 million of the [non-transmitted] ARPA funds as a "revenue guarantee" for United Airlines, MVA's partner in reopening the Japan tourism market on Saipan. Those funds never made it to MVA and UA.
kevino likes this.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Jan 22, 2023 at 3:44 pm
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

‘Weak’ yen makes NMI an expensive destination for Japanese tourists

https://www.mvariety.com/news/weak-y...fb5b2c529.html
Old Sep 30, 2023, 11:55 am

Is there any lounge access for UA*G passengers flying FUK-Guam (in Y)?

UA's website lists 2 ANA domestic lounges, which are both in the domestic terminal, which is segregated from the international one.

On star alliance website, nothing is listed under their lounge finder.

(I have priority pass, which shows KAL's lounge access.)
Old Sep 30, 2023, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Is there any lounge access for UA*G passengers flying FUK-Guam (in Y)?

UA's website lists 2 ANA domestic lounges, which are both in the domestic terminal, which is segregated from the international one.

On star alliance website, nothing is listed under their lounge finder.

(I have priority pass, which shows KAL's lounge access.)
In theory yes but the domestic and international terminals are miles apart in FUK. I don’t think you could enter the domestic terminal with a UA bp.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by mediator
In theory yes but the domestic and international terminals are miles apart in FUK. I don’t think you could enter the domestic terminal with a UA bp.
I will be departing from the international terminal, so no, I don't intend to go to the domestic terminal (a 10-minute shuttle ride from the international terminal) for any purpose. Besides, domestic lounges in Japan are not that nice anyway.

I was asking about lounge access in the international terminal. I did find some info on the KAL lounge at FUK, which apparently is not much better than the typical domestic lounges in Japan.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.