Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Urgent: 6/15/22 flight-no boarding pass!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: United-GOLD, AA
Urgent: Get boarding pass at CDG for 6/15/22 am flight

I am checked in for my flight tomorrow but cannot get a boarding pass due to UA system error re tsa/global entry errors.
Very early flight, concerned that counter wont be open to get boarding pass.
Are there boarding pass machines at CDG in T2A where I can get a printed boarding pass? If so what do I need to present?
2 hours on Premiere line with zero help.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by pbh220
I am checked in for my flight tomorrow but cannot get a boarding pass due to UA system error re tsa/global entry errors.
Are there boarding pass machines at CDG in T2A where I can get a printed boarding pass? If so what do I need to present?
2 hours on Premiere line with zero help.
Counter will be open - usually boarding passes cannot be issued out of the country without a check of documents.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Sort it out at the airport.

There will be airport personnel to help, however early or late the flight would be.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
If there is a flight departing then rest assured counters will be open There are many reasons why a BP will not issue; usually a quick fix at a check-in counter. How do you know it is a GE/TSA error? Just curious.
ARR72, wrp96 and KRSW like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Right - there's always a counter open for early flights - people need to check bags!
jsloan, Steve M, KRSW and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 6:59 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
It seems you had asked the same question in the past.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...l#post34317336

In general, UA counter will open 3 hours prior to flight time. Just check-in as usual with an agent.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
On the handful of times I was not issued a digital boarding pass on an international flight, it is because I've been designated SSSS.

Hopefully not the case for you- but an FYI.
claire16, iadisgreat and BThumme like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Agree, most likely a SSSS situation.
BThumme likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: UA Plat/*G, Marriott LT Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by CPS89
On the handful of times I was not issued a digital boarding pass on an international flight, it is because I've been designated SSSS.

Hopefully not the case for you- but an FYI.
I've been unable to do online check-in a number of times and it's almost always due to travel documents - the system didn't like what I provided for some reason and wouldn't let me check in until a human at the check-in counter confirmed I did in fact have the appropriate visa, etc. Never got an SSSS in those situations but it did sometimes take a tad longer to check in. Not a big deal, but either way I'd just get there a bit early if you're concerned.
CPS89 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by chleonard
I've been unable to do online check-in a number of times and it's almost always due to travel documents - the system didn't like what I provided for some reason and wouldn't let me check in until a human at the check-in counter confirmed I did in fact have the appropriate visa, etc. Never got an SSSS in those situations but it did sometimes take a tad longer to check in. Not a big deal, but either way I'd just get there a bit early if you're concerned.
This could very well be the root cause as well. When I was leaving CUN last month, it kept kicking back my COVID test. However, the app wouldn't move past the check in phase.
​​​​
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
It's been a common occurrence in Delta-world that I can't get a BP issued for an INTL flight because of some issue with COVID-related forms. Annoying, but it's not the end of the world - plenty of people don't OLCI at all and show up at the airport to get their boarding passes, no matter what time the flight is at.

There will be someone 2-3 hours before departure ready to deal with any problem you might have, and to check your bags. Some people have visas and things which require them to do this every time!

Give yourself a bit more time than usual, and be prepared to stand in line, but you'll be able to get a BP with enough time to go through security and make it to your flight.
jsloan and Synapseturquoise like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA*G, AA Plat, Accor Diamond, Marriott G
I had that happen at EDI last week with UA. Got the boarding pass at airport, but it had the dreaded SSSS, so I got an extra security check at the gate. I do have precheck. My wife could get her boarding pass no problem.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pbh220
Are you sure you're on a very early UA flight, not a partner-operated codeshare? UA doesn't have anything out of CDG before 9am.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got the SSSS on a recent international arrival itinerary myself.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Don't worry. Check-in counters will be open. Just go there in the morning.
nexus7556 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.