Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"This reservation is not eligible to be upgraded"

Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold

My parents just booked a LAX-SFO-ZRH and CDG-LAX via their cruise line. It's one PNR with the LAX-SFO leg booking into B, and the SFO-ZRH leg booking into R. The return is on AF booking into A. When I click the "Upgrade Cabin" link, I get the error message that "This reservation is not eligible to be upgraded". Is it because of the AF leg? When I click on "Fare Rules", I just get an endless spinner.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Most likely the reservation hasn't been ticketed by the cruise line. If they booked a "flexible" fare through the cruise line, it won't be ticketed until after final payment or 30 days before departure. Once it is ticketed, the ability to upgrade may appear.

Note: This has nothing to do with paying the cost of the airfare to the cruise line. You may have paid for the airfare to the cruise line, but the cruise line has contractual agreements to delay payment until as close as 30 days from departure. This has the advantage to the passenger of often being able to change and/or cancel the flight without penalty while locking in the price of the airfare.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by bioyuki
My parents just booked a LAX-SFO-ZRH and CDG-LAX via their cruise line. It's one PNR with the LAX-SFO leg booking into B, and the SFO-ZRH leg booking into R. The return is on AF booking into A. When I click the "Upgrade Cabin" link, I get the error message that "This reservation is not eligible to be upgraded". Is it because of the AF leg? When I click on "Fare Rules", I just get an endless spinner.
Probably the travel agent has not yet ticked the flight. Travel agent or cruze line. Unless it is some special combo cruze fare booked in basic.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Yep, another vote for it just not being ticketed yet. Same thing just happened to me when booking through an OTA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.