Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQPs/PQFs in 2022 for Elite Status in 2023"

[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQPs/PQFs in 2022 for Elite Status in 2023"

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 27, 22, 9:38 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Generally PQPs are earned flying
  • Paid flights -- Base fare + surcharge
  • Including flights ticketed and operated by *A partners
  • Economy Plus seating or subscriptions
  • Preferred seat purchases
  • MileagePlus Upgrade Award co-pays
  • Paid upgrades on flights operated by United and United Express
but there are two additional methods for earning them
1. Some Chase UA Branded credit will earn PQPs
and there is a bonus promo Bonus PQP Promo for MP Chase Cardholders - Q2 2022 -- targeted & variable bonus
Chase MP credit card PQPs can be used to achieve all earned status levels but for 1K you also need to meet the PQF requirement. The PresidentialPlus cards PQPs can be used to meet the PQP only 1K requirement

2. You can purchase PQPs via Premier Accelerator
Consolidated Award / Premier Accelerator questions
United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2022]
Note prices tend to increase significantly at the end of the year

UA has normally offered a status buy-up program in January, tends to run on the expensive side. No details are announced until mid-January
Last year's program - 2022 UA MP elite status buy-up offers(for higher status than earned in 2021)

For reference but not topic of this thread
MileagePlus Status Easier to Earn for 2022: ↓ PQP Levels, PQP Grant, Q1-21 PQP Bonus

Resource threads
UA/Star Alliance: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Mileage Run Discussion
Mileage Run Deals
Premium Fare Deals

Poor man's MR planner
Google Flights enter a starting airport, leave the destination blank, select airlines - Star Alliance, set travel days and max cost and view the Map for options. Try multiple dates.
kayak.com/explore has similar functionality
And now UA's Explore destinations

Previous years' thread - "I need XXX UA PQPs/PQFs in 2021 for Elite Status in 2022"
[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQPs/PQFs in 2020 for Elite Status in 2021"
[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQDs/PQMs/PQSs in 2019 for Elite Status in 2020"
[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2018 for Elite Status in 2019"
[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2017 for Elite Status in 2018
[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2016 for Elite Status in 2017
[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2015 for Elite Status in 2016
& [Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2014 for Elite Status in 2015
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 13, 22, 12:16 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Johhny5Alive View Post
Thanks in advance for your expertise! I will be about 200 PQP short of reaching Gold status for 2022.
---
What about flight upgrade (or rebooking my ticket at a higher fare)?
This thread's wiki has a list of ways to earn PQPs

The upgrade or upfare of a flight do earn PQPs and you at least some benefit

A way to just throw cash at it is
Originally Posted by wiki
You can purchase PQPs via Premier Accelerator
Consolidated Award / Premier Accelerator questions
United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2022]
Note prices tend to increase significantly at the end of the year
Old Sep 14, 22, 6:14 pm

Programs: United
Lux Flyer WineCountryUA Thanks for your input! I will see where I am but now I am thinking I may just take a quick flight to close the gap!
Old Sep 20, 22, 9:41 am

Programs: United Gold
Is anyone else missing the future flights tab of the premier tracker this morning?

Old Sep 20, 22, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ord1027 View Post
Is anyone else missing the future flights tab of the premier tracker this morning?
Mine show fine
Old Sep 20, 22, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, CX Silver, LY TL, Marriot G
Originally Posted by rbakker View Post
....Even better, this calculator calculates the UA PQP for me: https://pqp.economiles.com/
I just compared that calculator for a RTW (issued by LH) and it was accurate for the non-UA flights, but differs in PQP earnings for the UA operated sectors. The difference (about 10%) would make me just miss 1K renewal.
Hopefully, the UA calculation is correct , or at least the screenshot will help if they don't credit me accordingly.
DELee likes this.
Old Sep 20, 22, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sabbasolo View Post
I just compared that calculator for a RTW (issued by LH) and it was accurate for the non-UA flights, but differs in PQP earnings for the UA operated sectors. The difference (about 10%) would make me just miss 1K renewal.
Hopefully, the UA calculation is correct , or at least the screenshot will help if they don't credit me accordingly.
That calculator cannot be used for UA flights except when booked as a bulk fare.

Whatever UA is listing in their system for your UA-operated flights is almost certain to be what you get. Is that the larger or smaller amount? If the calculator came up with the larger number, all the screenshots in the world won't help; UA-operated flights on a *A RTW ticket will credit based on the fare allocation to those legs, not the distance.
Old Sep 21, 22, 1:08 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, CX Silver, LY TL, Marriot G
Thanks for the explanation - the UA calculation shows higher - so that is what I expect.
The calculator is very useful though for other segments.
The airline industry is rapidly taking us down the same path with FF miles/status miles that airline fares went - becoming an undecipherable mess.

Originally Posted by jsloan View Post
That calculator cannot be used for UA flights except when booked as a bulk fare.

Whatever UA is listing in their system for your UA-operated flights is almost certain to be what you get. Is that the larger or smaller amount? If the calculator came up with the larger number, all the screenshots in the world won't help; UA-operated flights on a *A RTW ticket will credit based on the fare allocation to those legs, not the distance.
jsloan likes this.
Old Sep 21, 22, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K Hyatt Globalist Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer View Post
Cobranded cards (500 PQPs per 12k spending, different limits depending on the card) and upgrading a flight, either as a refare to a higher booking code, or purchasing E+ seats or a premium cabin upgrade will also get you PQPs.

Since your not yet Gold, E+ subscription would also earn PQPs, however kind of defeats the purpose of buying the subscription if it's immediately going to become complimentary when you get the PQPs for Gold.
anybody know whether the annual fee counts toward the co-branded card spending to earn PQP? Just want to make sure I hit the threshold correctly as I don't want to be under by $250 for that extra 500 PQP.
Old Sep 21, 22, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium. Life: UA 540K mi., United & Admirals Clubs, Marr. Gold
Originally Posted by wilsliu (Post # 53) View Post
anybody know whether the annual fee counts toward the co-branded card spending to earn PQP?
Excluded from PQP earning are card fees, interest, cash withdrawals, and a few other non-purchase items.

Sorry. But you still have plenty of time to plan accordingly.
jsloan, wilsliu and Wooglin like this.
Old Yesterday, 12:46 pm

I see in the wiki that PQPs are awarded for EconomyPlus subscriptions. Does anyone know if they are awarded for WiFi subscriptions? I need 16 more PQP to earn Silver (I have the PQFs), and Id like to get it before my next flight (in 10 days) so I can choose something other than a middle seat 😬.
Old Yesterday, 1:03 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by maggersmagoo View Post
I see in the wiki that PQPs are awarded for EconomyPlus subscriptions. Does anyone know if they are awarded for WiFi subscriptions? .....
Believe not, it is not in the list, And other subscriptions, UC membership or baggage subscriptions do not qualify

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Yesterday at 1:16 pm

Search this Thread