Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New UA Game: What's wrong with this picture? 🙃🤪😭

New UA Game: What's wrong with this picture? 🙃🤪😭

Old Jun 7, 22, 11:11 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PHL
Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Posts: 4,695
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer View Post
Contractor Post installation check - failed
UA Acceptance Check - failed
FA Reporting of Non-operating Seat - failed
UA Cleaners - Not sure their responsibility on this
Tray table holds up Tray ... Check
Tray table knocks over glasses in middle ... Check
Tablet holder can hold tablet ... Check

I'm wondering if someone on the other side of the plane has the same issue
Good enough for UA. Sure, the passenger needs to setup a system of mirrors and watch their tablet backwards, but you can't expect UA to do EVERYTHING.
lincolnjkc and wrp96 like this.
eng3 is offline  
Old Jun 7, 22, 3:10 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 8,484
The plane was probably just facing the wrong way
cmd320 and Spanish like this.
VegasGambler is offline  
Old Jun 7, 22, 3:20 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: NAP
Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 82
I have another one!

Something is amiss here
wrp96, cmd320 and Spanish like this.
junglematt is offline  
Old Jun 7, 22, 3:50 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: San Diego, CA
Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Posts: 940
Originally Posted by junglematt View Post
Something is amiss here
Flag is backwards and ship number doesn't match the N number? Ship number should be 8061 rather than 0061​​​​​​.
skylane is offline  
Old Jun 7, 22, 3:53 pm
  #20  
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Posts: 60,095
Originally Posted by skylane View Post
Ship number should be 8061 rather than 0061​​​​​​.
Ship number for 764 N68061 is 3061 or here

More N68061 pictures -- older pictures have the flag correct, appears a newer repaint, but multiple with reversed flag

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 7, 22 at 4:05 pm Reason: planespotter.net link
WineCountryUA is offline  
Old Jun 7, 22, 4:41 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SFO/SJC
Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,980
Look at the other side of the plane...

check out the tail of Air Force One - I believe this is all part of the US Flag Code. Check out the flag on a military uniform as well.

a quick google tells me that the stars are supposed to face forward, so the picture is still an error, because the "reversed" flag is on the wrong side of the aircraft. I don't personally see how all this stuff matters, but then I'm not really one for nationalism/patriotism in the first place, so not the right person to ask!


Last edited by cricketer; Jun 7, 22 at 4:47 pm Reason: added last bit
cricketer is offline  
Old Jun 7, 22, 7:18 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: Northwest WorldPerks, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Posts: 780
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Ship number for 764 N68061 is 3061 or here

More N68061 pictures -- older pictures have the flag correct, appears a newer repaint, but multiple with reversed flag
IIRC, 0061 is/was correct. CO-origin planes had fleet numbers starting with a leading zero. The fleet tracking system they went with (apparently from the UA side?) didnt like leading zeroes, so CO planes had their fleet numbers changed to start with a 3. Most, if not all, fleets from pmCO (including, IIRC, 737NG deliveries post-merger) will show up as 3xxx in the app, but have 0xxx on the fuselage.
lincolnjkc and wrp96 like this.
rmadisonwi is offline  
Old Jun 7, 22, 7:27 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CLE, DCA, and 30k feet
Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Posts: 3,300
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi View Post
IIRC, 0061 is/was correct. CO-origin planes had fleet numbers starting with a leading zero. The fleet tracking system they went with (apparently from the UA side?) didnt like leading zeroes, so CO planes had their fleet numbers changed to start with a 3. Most, if not all, fleets from pmCO (including, IIRC, 737NG deliveries post-merger) will show up as 3xxx in the app, but have 0xxx on the fuselage.
Your recollection matches mine -- I've seen lots of 0xxx fleet numbers painted on AC that don't show up that way anywhere else (pmCO used 3-digit aircraft numbers as well so many 0abc were just abc pre-merger) -- wasn't aware of rationale behind why [and I guess now I'm curious about how they wound up at 3xxx... I think I've only ever seen 3xxx and 4xxx, what about 1xxx and 2xxx] ... but something else about the side of the AC seems wonky but I can't put my finger on it.
lincolnjkc is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 6:06 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey
Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott Titanium (LT Plat), Hilton Gold
Posts: 2,970
Originally Posted by RdFltErr View Post
I try not to be petty, but also bahahahahahaha I kindof died after trying to figure out why I couldn't get my tray table out...

Simple - just raise the edge-of-tray protector, position your laptop on the tray facing away from you, take a picture, then explain to your boss that you couldn't get any work done because you couldn't see the screen of your laptop.
Spanish likes this.
tarheelnj is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 6:15 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: CMH
Programs: BA Silver, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Posts: 644
Originally Posted by tarheelnj View Post
Simple - just raise the edge-of-tray protector, position your laptop on the tray facing away from you, take a picture, then explain to your boss that you couldn't get any work done because you couldn't see the screen of your laptop.
Works every time.
Spanish is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 6:49 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: New York City
Programs: UA GS 1MM
Posts: 206

What about this one ?
benewr is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 6:57 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CLE, DCA, and 30k feet
Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Posts: 3,300
Originally Posted by benewr View Post

What about this one ?
Aside from the fact that either the person is going the wrong way or the sign is backwards? Or the omission of 1K (and Polaris in favor of the unbranded "Business") from the sign? The expression on her face has always stuck me as a little "Someone, please call the police, I have a nutjob following me"
lincolnjkc is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 9:48 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey
Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott Titanium (LT Plat), Hilton Gold
Posts: 2,970
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc View Post
Aside from the fact that either the person is going the wrong way or the sign is backwards? Or the omission of 1K (and Polaris in favor of the unbranded "Business") from the sign? The expression on her face has always stuck me as a little "Someone, please call the police, I have a nutjob following me"
Or I got kicked out for being in the wrong line/terminal/airport/etc.
Markie and benewr like this.
tarheelnj is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 12:14 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SFO/SJC
Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,980
Originally Posted by benewr View Post

What about this one ?
The obvious issue is the absence of the Oxford comma. I don't mind my baggage being handled, but my boarding being handled in conjunction with it is a little concerning. And then there's the good old 32kg being a bit more than 70lbs

But maybe you were just noting that the lady is going the wrong way!
cricketer is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 12:20 pm
  #30  
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: London, UK
Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Posts: 11,382
Originally Posted by cricketer View Post
The obvious issue is the absence of the Oxford comma. I don't mind my baggage being handled, but my boarding being handled in conjunction with it is a little concerning. And then there's the good old 32kg being a bit more than 70lbs

But maybe you were just noting that the lady is going the wrong way!
I just thought it was an unrealistically short queue in the background.
Markie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread