Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Menus for USA - Europe next month (June 2022):

UA Menus for USA - Europe next month (June 2022):

Hide Wikipost
Old May 31, 22, 12:00 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: dkc192
Wiki Link
Posted by MatthewLAX
Lunch/Dinner USA - Europe next month
  • Starter
    • Quinoa salad bowl with sable fish
  • Mains
    • Braised beef short rib with mushroom duxelles, braised salsify, turnips, chocolate demi-glaze
    • Seared turbo fish filet with malaise sauce, Brassicas, asparagus, citrus segments
    • Flennel flan croquettes
    • Moroccan vegetable pastilla
  • Dessert
    • Cheese plate with crackers
    • Egg custard tart
    • Vanilla ice cream with brownie pieces
  • Pre-Arrival Breakfast
    • Gruyere-cocotte egg with fried avocado, smoked turkey bacon, and tomato hollandaise sauce
    • Apple ricotta crepes with caramelized peaches, caramel drizzle, waffle crumble, and hazelnut

Lunch/Dinner departures from Europe
  • Starter
    • Roasted cauliflower and fruit salad with almonds, dates, sultanas, apricots, and grapes
  • Mains
    • Beef short rib with a Porto red wine sauce, brown butter pureed carrots, wild broccolini, and glazed pear onions
    • *Chicken breast with Provence herbs with pumpkin risotto, grilled baby zucchini, sultanas, feta, and toasted pumpkin seeds
    • Roasted halibut with arrabbiata sauce, shaved fennel, and pickled onions
    • *Braised Celeriac with truffle puree, sauted kale, carrots, and herbed breadcrumbs
  • Dessert
    • Raspberry Frangipan tart
    • Chocolate fudge brownie ice cream sundae
  • Pre-Arrival Meal (no change)
    • Wellington burger
    • Herb & citrus cous cous with vegetables

*these are the PremiumPlus choices

Lunch/Dinner other regions (Asia, South America, Australia) the casserole dishes will be replaced with bowls, but it will still be the same menus we've seen for years -
  • starter
    • cabbage salad
  • mains
    • short ribs with hoisin sauce
    • pan-seared salmon
    • vegetarain chili with polenta cake
  • dessert
    • Egg custard tart
    • Vanilla ice cream with brownie pieces
  • pre-arrival
    • spinach kale egg bites
    • steel-cut oatmeal

Lunch/Dinner - no change in domestic menus (yet)

Breakfast menu for morning Europe + UK to USA departures
  • To start
    • fresh fruit bowl with raspberries, mangos, blueberries, kiwi
  • Main course
    • coconut smoothie bowl
    • breakfast burrito
    • banana bread pudding
  • Pre-Arrival Meal (no change)
    • Wellington burger
    • Herb & citrus cous cous with vegetables
Print Wikipost

Old May 30, 22, 7:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer View Post
The mains at least to me look atrocious - if they wanted to step it up do a decent cut of steak rather than short ribs. I won't touch fish on a plane but I know some do - and aren't Fennel Flan Croquettes usually served as an appetizer? Perhaps the mains are weak due to the Polaris Lounge - it does look like they stepped up breakfast.
I think it is pretty hard to mess up heating up short rib as it is more forgiving. I think my chances of getting an overcooked is alot higher, especially if the it is bumpy on the climb and FAs stay seated. Yes, I am tired of the short rib, but I'd rather they focus on dishes that are more forgiving to overheating.

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
Interestingly, to other regions (Asia, South America, Australia) the casserole dishes will be replaced with bowls, but it will still be the same menus we've seen for years -...
My last flight to SYD had no dessert at all, and a single timtam coming back. So getting ice cream, or any dessert at all is an upgrade.

I put everything you posted up in the wiki to make it easier to find. Hope I didn't miss anything
MatthewLAX and DELee like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 30, 22 at 11:48 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old May 30, 22, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH View Post
Whats flennel?
Originally Posted by Weyland Yutani Corp View Post
Edible flannel.
Of the chewier variety.

David
Old May 30, 22, 12:28 pm

This thread is making me reminisce about the days when CO would post menus for int'l (and Hawaii) routes, which I would routinely peruse (while wishing I could be traveling up front to all these places...)

Old May 30, 22, 4:33 pm

Do people know if South Africa flights are Europe for menu purposes?
Cthunder86 likes this.
Old May 30, 22, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by lrm72 View Post
Knowing United, any improvements will be contained as tightly as possible.
Old May 30, 22, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lrm72 View Post
Ill ask my contact. Traditionally the Africa menu always has chicken instead of fish on US outbound flights.
Old May 31, 22, 3:55 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Wx4caster View Post
This thread is making me reminisce about the days when CO would post menus for int'l (and Hawaii) routes, which I would routinely peruse (while wishing I could be traveling up front to all these places...)

My first international business class flight ever was in CO BusinessFirst in 1999. It spoiled me for all other airlines' J product at the time. How far UA has fallen since then...
Old May 31, 22, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Aeroplan 50K, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Any feedback on the Herb & citrus cous cous with vegetables pre-arrival meal? Also any recent experience of AVML ex-LHR? w Flying LHR-EWR in June and wondering if i should order a special meal instead.
Old May 31, 22, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Acid View Post
Any feedback on the Herb & citrus cous cous with vegetables pre-arrival meal? Also any recent experience of AVML ex-LHR? w Flying LHR-EWR in June and wondering if i should order a special meal instead.
I like the pre-arrival cous cous with vegetables, especially when the side of pesto sauce is included. Better than the pizza!
Old May 31, 22, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Aeroplan 50K, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I like the pre-arrival cous cous with vegetables, especially when the side of pesto sauce is included. Better than the pizza!
Thanks, I'll stick to usual menu then(I don't eat beef, so no burger for me)
Old May 31, 22, 8:31 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One View Post
My first international business class flight ever was in CO BusinessFirst in 1999. It spoiled me for all other airlines' J product at the time. How far UA has fallen since then...
I suppose the strategy that CO took towards the last few years of its own existence (and then with UA's version of BusinessFirst) was inferior seat made up for with top-notch food/service/etc. Now with Polaris we have a solid/consistent seat product across the widebody fleet and lounges at hubs, but a mediocre inflight product. Even the "refreshed" Polaris menus appear to be a half-assed attempt with seemingly little variety between routes/regions; if they just went back to the menus they had at launch it would at least be on par with what AA and DL are offering currently.
Old May 31, 22, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
The English breakfast is out of the rotation on ex-LHR early morning flights. That makes me sad. No more steak and eggs either.

The new breakfast menu for all Europe + UK to USA in June 2022 strikes me as very strange:
  • To start
    • fresh fruit bowl with raspberries, mangos, blueberries, kiwi
  • Main course
    • coconut smoothie bowl
    • breakfast burrito
    • banana bread pudding
same desserts and pre-arrival service as lunch or dinner
As a primarily vegetarian with a preference for a light breakfast with fruit, I approve.

For the other 98% of us, my sympathies - this looks very light. Even the sweet Belgian waffle on domestic legs seems more substantial.
Old May 31, 22, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uastarflyer View Post
As a primarily vegetarian with a preference for a light breakfast with fruit, I approve.

For the other 98% of us, my sympathies - this looks very light. Even the sweet Belgian waffle on domestic legs seems more substantial.
This would not be nearly as bad if there was a substantial meal before arrival instead of the usual options we've had for years.
uastarflyer and N104UA like this.
Old May 31, 22, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by uastarflyer View Post

This would not be nearly as bad if there was a substantial meal before arrival instead of the usual options we've had for years.
And any snack more substantial than crisps available mid-flight!
MatthewLAX, tcdtcd and N104UA like this.
Old May 31, 22, 1:52 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svcs, AA ExecPlat, WN RR, AZ(RIP) Freccia Alata+, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
Yes, but I bet you've never had short ribs with "chocolate demi-glaze" before.
Does mole count? LOL

Thanks for posting Matthew I have several flights in Polaris to and fro this June. That helps me pick the kid's choices or plan accordingly.
MatthewLAX likes this.

Search this Thread