Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA146 delayed every day

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2022, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

UA146 delayed every day

We’re on this flight on Tuesday 24 May (EWR-LHR), scheduled departure 11pm. It’s been delayed every day recently mostly an hour or even two hours late departing.

Given that the Polaris lounge closes at 9.30pm, are we likely to be sitting at the gate because the plane hasn’t arrived from its previous flight? Or is there some other reason for the delay and might we be on board and (faint hope) asleep?
Old May 22, 2022, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
As posted in the other thread about the chronic EWR-KEF delays, the flight delays at EWR after 3p average 30-60 minutes.

They're not going to board you knowing a hour delay is coming unless they really need the gate opened up for an arrival.
Old May 22, 2022, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Many thanks, I hadn’t read the thread to which you linked as we weren’t flying to KEF. Appreciate that you took the time to respond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.