Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airport to Airport parcel service?

Old May 21, 22, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold

Departing from EWR to FRA tomorrow. Just realized the passport I have with me is my EXPIRED passport, and my current passport is at EAU. Fly from EWR 7 PM Monday. Does United offer a small parcel service that would get my passport from EAU to EWR?
Old May 21, 22, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by raehl311 View Post
Departing from EWR to FRA tomorrow. Just realized the passport I have with me is my EXPIRED passport, and my current passport is at EAU. Fly from EWR 7 PM Monday. Does United offer a small parcel service that would get my passport from EAU to EWR?
Maybe this ?
https://www.unitedcargo.com/en/us/pr.../quickpak.html
Old May 21, 22, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by prestonh View Post
Yep, in the good old days before the internet my Chicago based company would messenger floppy disks with software updates to the cargo QuickPak counter at ORD for the next flight out, and I was on the receiving end in various cities to pick them up (usually late night to fix some critical bug so that the system would be up by sunrise )

Edit: Just remembered the OP may need to be a TSA approved shipper to do counter-to-counter shipments. After 9/11 our company had to get "reviewed" by the airline to have a cargo account with Continental. That may have changed, I'm not sure.

Last edited by paule123; May 21, 22 at 8:37 pm
Old May 22, 22, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by prestonh View Post
So after some research, it appears United only wants to move cargo, not parcels, and yes, you need a known shipper account with them, which it doesn't appear you can create on a weekend.

Delta is happy to take your envelope though. (The TSA known shipper regs don't appear to apply to anything under a pound.)

So have someone dropping it off at the EAU->MSP airport shuttle ($20), someone else taking it from the shuttle desk to Delta at MSP, and Delta flying it from MSP to EWR. ($88)

Edit: I did get United Cargo on the phone and they are willing to do parcel shipments but not from EAU... assuming it's only airports with mainline service.

Last edited by raehl311; May 22, 22 at 9:37 am
Old May 22, 22, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by raehl311 View Post
So after some research, it appears United only wants to move cargo, not parcels, and yes, you need a known shipper account with them, which it doesn't appear you can create on a weekend.

Delta is happy to take your envelope though. (The TSA known shipper regs don't appear to apply to anything under a pound.)

So have someone dropping it off at the EAU->MSP airport shuttle ($20), someone else taking it from the shuttle desk to Delta at MSP, and Delta flying it from MSP to EWR. ($88)

Edit: I did get United Cargo on the phone and they are willing to do parcel shipments but not from EAU... assuming it's only airports with mainline service.
Very resourceful! Youll make a good logistics manager. Let us know when its in your hands
Old May 22, 22, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by paule123 View Post
Yep, in the good old days before the internet my Chicago based company would messenger floppy disks with software updates to the cargo QuickPak counter at ORD for the next flight out, and I was on the receiving end in various cities to pick them up (usually late night to fix some critical bug so that the system would be up by sunrise )

Edit: Just remembered the OP may need to be a TSA approved shipper to do counter-to-counter shipments. After 9/11 our company had to get "reviewed" by the airline to have a cargo account with Continental. That may have changed, I'm not sure.
I remember those days too! I was the junior employee so I made many runs to the airport to counter-to-counter new PROMs to our field team! I also had an 800 calling card that I had to use to call them from a pay phone to let them know the chips were in the air!
SPN Lifer and Flying Machine like this.

Search this Thread