Wiki Posts
Search

Lie Flats on LAX/SFO

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2022, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
Lie Flats on LAX/SFO

Noticed a 757-200 one per day each way. Was just wondering is this normal to have lie flats on this route? I typically drive to SF b/c its a great drive from LA but I've flown it a few times and used United and dont ever recall seeing lie flats.

Is it just positioning of the 757-200 for the EWR/JFK flights? However, it seems to leave at 11am from SFO but then turn around as the 2pm from LAX.
Old May 21, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
Dates? Flight numbers? I don’t see an 11 AM SFO-LAX.

Edit: I see it in July, UA 552.

Last edited by JALsnipe; May 21, 2022 at 10:00 am
Old May 21, 2022, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I happened to notice this showing up in June. It's not operating now. There is one LAX-SFO and one SFO-LAX scheduled per day on 752. I couldn't guess how they are going to rotate the frames, but I guess it has to be some combination of SFO/LAX-JFK and LAX-EWR.
Old May 21, 2022, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I typically drive to SF b/c its a great drive from LA but I've flown it a few times and used United and dont ever recall seeing lie flats.
Not driving the 5 I hope. If we didn't have a 40 pound dog I would be flying OAK or SFO-BUR on the dozens of north to south drives we do a year and wouldn't miss that drive even a little bit.
DELee, dw and SPN Lifer like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Will be interesting to see if these assigned flights hold up as the summer goes on.

David
Old May 21, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by CaptJOB
Not driving the 5 I hope. If we didn't have a 40 pound dog I would be flying OAK or SFO-BUR on the dozens of north to south drives we do a year and wouldn't miss that drive even a little bit.
It's not cheap, but in case you weren't aware JSX accepts dogs up to 65 lbs as in-cabin pets on OAK-BUR with the purchase of seat for them (assuming they're well-behaved, etc.).
Old May 21, 2022, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by fumje
I happened to notice this showing up in June. It's not operating now. There is one LAX-SFO and one SFO-LAX scheduled per day on 752. I couldn't guess how they are going to rotate the frames, but I guess it has to be some combination of SFO/LAX-JFK and LAX-EWR.
At first yes I just assumed it was positioning a plane to do the Transcon but itts weird the same plane is going to turn right around and go back to SF. Although maybe its not the same plane but I would assume so by the 1220pm arrival and 2pm turn around.

I wouldnt go out of my way but I have to be up in San Fran in mid June and will def choose this to at least recline comfortably for an hour.

Originally Posted by CaptJOB
No def. not the 5. I'm in Ventura Co. so the 101 all the way. Have lunch in Pismo or Morrow Bay and continue the drive up. Beautiful drive. I hear ya on the dog.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 21, 2022 at 1:31 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old May 21, 2022, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Sykes
It's not cheap, but in case you weren't aware JSX accepts dogs up to 65 lbs as in-cabin pets on OAK-BUR with the purchase of seat for them (assuming they're well-behaved, etc.).
Yeah JSX is something we've considered maybe once or twice a year but dozens of times definitely out of the budget unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.