Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Snack offering?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2022, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
United Snack offering?

Can someone please tell me, or direct me on where to find it, on what United might offer as a "snack" in FC for FLL-ORD? Just curious. Will it be a snack like a drink and packaged snack or something more substantial? If time of day matters, it's approx 335PM-600PM ish. Thanks and safe and healthy travels everyone.
Old May 13, 2022, 10:00 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by soxfanndc
Can someone please tell me, or direct me on where to find it, on what United might offer as a "snack" in FC for FLL-ORD? Just curious. Will it be a snack like a drink and packaged snack or something more substantial? If time of day matters, it's approx 335PM-600PM ish. Thanks and safe and healthy travels everyone.
I've flown ORD-Florida-ORD thrice this year, MCO X2 and TPA X1. Every time it's been the microwaved sandwich reminiscent of a 7-11 microwaved burrito that I may have drunkenly consumed at 2AM back in my 20s. Always elegantly served in a sealed plastic foodservice bag (similar to said burrito), that when opened, emits a steam with the temperature somewhere between Venus and the Sun. It was garbage the first time I had it, and by my 3rd segment, I'd opted to decline. By my 5th segment, I realized I could request a snack box from the back and was always accommodated. (Had it a few more times on some ORD-Texas flights as well). Neither version of this sandwich is good (one is 'vegetarian'), but the audacity they have to call the other version 'carved chicken' (or turkey?) is laughable.

If you can't tell, I don't like it, and judging by the amount of 1/2 eaten (1/4 eaten, 1 bite taken out) 'returns' to the galley--I don't think anyone else likes it either.
Old May 13, 2022, 10:04 am

Yeah, you won’t get anything “substantial”. If you’re going to want to have dinner, best bring something onboard. 😕
Old May 13, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
I've flown ORD-Florida-ORD thrice this year, MCO X2 and TPA X1. Every time it's been the microwaved sandwich reminiscent of a 7-11 microwaved burrito that I may have drunkenly consumed at 2AM back in my 20s. Always elegantly served in a sealed plastic foodservice bag (similar to said burrito), that when opened, emits a steam with the temperature somewhere between Venus and the Sun. It was garbage the first time I had it, and by my 3rd segment, I'd opted to decline. By my 5th segment, I realized I could request a snack box from the back and was always accommodated. (Had it a few more times on some ORD-Texas flights as well). Neither version of this sandwich is good (one is 'vegetarian'), but the audacity they have to call the other version 'carved chicken' (or turkey?) is laughable.

If you can't tell, I don't like it, and judging by the amount of 1/2 eaten (1/4 eaten, 1 bite taken out) 'returns' to the galley--I don't think anyone else likes it either.
Actually, the sandwich is not bad at all. My wife and I have had it a few times without complaints (other than her saying it may be too rich)
Old May 13, 2022, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I don’t mind the sandwich, but the nutrition facts are truly sobering. Horribly unhealthy and messy, but actually not too bad in terms of taste.
Old May 13, 2022, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
'Preciate all the replies. Info helps alot and I'm not too worried as this is the 1st leg where I'll connect to ORD-GRU in Polaris so I'll grab something in the Polaris lounge or onboard the long haul so no big deal either way. A few bites of the sandwich or a snackbox from the back would both be fine. Just to get something on my stomach since I'll be hustling to get to FLL. Thanks again everyone. This helps alot! Be well.
Old May 13, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I don’t mind the sandwich, but the nutrition facts are truly sobering. Horribly unhealthy and messy, but actually not too bad in terms of taste.
This. Do not under any circumstances read the ingredients label or nutrition facts. If you follow that simple rule, and if you are in general a sandwich person (you like bread&cheese with some meat or veg in it), then it's an acceptable snack. If you read the information, years will be shaved off your life expectancy.
nancypants and BlueSky72 like this.
Old May 13, 2022, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by cricketer
If you read the information, years will be shaved off your life expectancy.
I think the other way round. Eat it and your body will use its limited ability to cope with all the grotesque chemicals UA is feeding you.
Old May 13, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by cricketer
This. Do not under any circumstances read the ingredients label or nutrition facts. If you follow that simple rule, and if you are in general a sandwich person (you like bread&cheese with some meat or veg in it), then it's an acceptable snack. If you read the information, years will be shaved off your life expectancy.
Both "sandwiches" are gut bombs. Another GS FT'er called them, "the nasty sandwiches", which is completely apropos. We ate our last of these things over a year ago and now bring our own food onboard. I will say that the beef jerky from the Y snack cart is pretty good.
Old May 13, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Just need to run a few miles after your flight then
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 2:26 pm

It’s odd - we have had 4 FC flights in the last month that listed a snack. We got the sandwich once and snack boxes the other three times. Only once we’re we given a choice of snack box, either. It is so random, too, as it’s been the same down and back flight from ORD to MSY. I don’t mind the sandwich but one of the snack boxes I hate.
Old May 13, 2022, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Resource Robin
It’s odd - we have had 4 FC flights in the last month that listed a snack. We got the sandwich once and snack boxes the other three times. Only once we’re we given a choice of snack box, either. It is so random, too, as it’s been the same down and back flight from ORD to MSY. I don’t mind the sandwich but one of the snack boxes I hate.
Let me guess: recline. What a joke!
Old May 13, 2022, 4:35 pm

Let me guess: recline. What a joke!
yes - but if you look on the United website, they actually have new boxes. I fly Tuesday so Fingers Crossed!
Old May 13, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, Supersonic (BA1Y, BA1223)
Originally Posted by Resource Robin
I ate way too many of those things during COVID flights. I try as politely as I can to ask "is it one of those 'hot pocket' things?"
Last time, a week or two ago I politely declined and the FA asked if I would prefer a box snack instead. I eagerly thanked her and asked for a Tapas box that was promptly delivered (from the back).
Old May 13, 2022, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
AA serves a proper lunch on the one flight a day it runs on this route. Either a salad with some sort of protein or some vegetarian pile of stuff or an OK sandwich. It may also come with a small starter like prosciutto and pear or hummus and a dessert (usually a circle of dry cake). Plus warm nuts to start. Nothing great to be sure but it's probably about right for a flight of that length in mid afternoon. Frankly it's not much different than what they called "Refreshments" during Covid restrictions. I can't believe UA is still serving that garbage.

I remember when AA used to serve a hot pocket thing like that in Y pre 9/11. Fortunately you could order a special meal even in Y. Got many envious stares even from the FAs when I was served.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.