Old May 19, 2022, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Opens Its Largest Club in the Country
Photos(1)

New, 30,000 sq.-ft. United ClubSM at Newark Liberty International Airport offers more modern United brand experience with views of the Manhattan skyline, close to 500 seats, spa-like shower suites and a barista-staffed coffee shop

Opening comes just before Memorial Day, one of the busiest travel weekends of the year

CHICAGO, May 19, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today announced the opening of its new, nearly 30,000 square-foot United Club location at Newark Liberty International Airport, offering travelers a modern design, enhanced amenities and culinary offerings, locally-sourced art and furniture pieces and views of the Manhattan skyline. Located in Terminal C3 near gate C123, this club is the largest club in United's network, and is opening just in time for the Memorial Day holiday, which the airline expects will be one of its busiest travel weekends so far this year.

"As more and more customers return to the skies, United is committed to delivering a superior customer experience on and off the plane, especially in increasingly crowded airports," said Aaron McMillan, United's managing director of hospitality and planning. "Our new Newark Club location is carefully designed with the customer at the forefront with thoughtful touches like murals and décor that reflect the local community. This design theme and commitment to creating a locally-inspired experience will set the precedent for future club openings and renovations across our network."

The Newark United Club location features a new design and reflects a modern take on the United Club experience. It showcases many firsts for the club, as well as existing premium offering, including the following:
  • The largest club in our network: The club features more than 480 seats across spaces for lounging, working, private dining and socializing.
  • Spa-like showers: Members can freshen-up in one of the six, spa-like shower suites at Newark, stocked with Sunday Riley products.
  • Coffee shop experience: Staffed by a barista ready to prepare their favorite hand-crafted drinks, flyers can get inspired at the full-service coffee bar, featuring illy signature blend of 100 percent Arabica beans, in addition to culinary offerings in all United Clubs, like complimentary beverages and snacks.
  • Modern, Newark-inspired design: Flyers can enjoy unmatched views of the Manhattan skyline amidst locally-sourced furniture pieces and décor, as well as the new design and color scheme that will be rolled-out in future new and refurbished clubs. The space also includes modern amenities, like self-scan entry for quick access and free, high-speed Wi-Fi.
  • Sustainable, green materials: As part of the airline's sustainability commitment, the Club is designed with sustainable materials and features, such as WaterSense-rated fixtures, enhanced indoor air quality, green cleaning and more.
Additionally, in collaboration with The Newark Museum of Art and Gallery Aferro, the new club location prominently features two murals created by local artists, Gilbert Hsiao and Dahlia Elsayed. Inspired by the musical legacy in the Newark area and United's iconic history, Hsiao's mural, located in the club's entryway, is a deceptively simple, eye-catching piece featuring dots and circles to represent abstract beats in space as well as nod to the United globe. Elsayed's artwork, situated in the club's lounge, is an abstract and textural piece, referencing Arshile Gorky's famous 1936-67 murals at EWR, with imagery inclusive of built and natural environments of the New York / New Jersey area.

"The Newark Museum of Art is honored to be a part of this remarkable tribute to our community and our city," said Linda Harrison, The Newark Museum of Art's director and CEO. "May these tremendous artworks inspire and remind our residents and visitors of Newark's role as a cultural hub for artistic excellence and community cultivation. We are so proud to contribute to this exciting unveiling and pay homage to our special city with these two extraordinary works of art."

"Artists like Gilbert Hsiao and Dahlia Elsayed have a gift, which is to make the world new for us over and over again," said Emma Wilcox, Gallery Aferro's co-founder. "Gallery Aferro is thrilled to see these acclaimed alumni of our residency and fellowship program gain a new global audience of travelers with this project."

The Newark United Club location is the first of a series of United Club locations to open with the new club design and amenities. It's part of United's ongoing commitment to renovate and introduce new United Club locations throughout its network and provide a more modern United brand experience. For more information on United Club locations, visit united.com/unitedclub.
UC EWR Hours, Mezzanine level, near gate C123 5:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. daily

Print Wikipost

New EWR C123 UC has opened - 19 May 2022

Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by st530
I still find the pork carnitas and chicken tinga to be quite delicious. That said, I hope they are planning some menu rotations soon; we're almost three months in with the exact same items as day 1 still on offer.
Ditto. The food upgrade compared to pre-COVID and even 6 months ago is most appreciated but it would be great to come up with some sort of rotation.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
We all were at one point

Here is a thread about the passes themselves: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...time-pass.html

Here is a thread about the new EWR lounge: New EWR C123 UC has opened - 19 May 2022

Here is a thread about recent complaints about lounge overcrowding: United Devalues Clubs - Makes sure they are packed beyond capacity.

But directly to answer, IMhO for a *noob* YES a visit to the club for a couple of hours is well worth the 35.00. However, (and I am speaking generally) at certain busy times they have been not allowing the one time passes to enter (I cant speak for the new club at EWR, but before it opened, the "not accepting passes" sign was reported to be up frequently.

What I would hate to happen is that you get the pass, but are unable to use it.
Thank you so much! I think i will go for it!
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:49 am

Cold brew!

I saw this the other day and was not aware that the coffee bar had cold brew (Illy, of course). I don't think this was there at the opening. Great addition!

narvik and MiraculousM like this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by elitefreak
I saw this the other day and was not aware that the coffee bar had cold brew (Illy, of course). I don't think this was there at the opening. Great addition!

It was there before. I visited very close to opening day and it was there...though I could not get one as they either ran out of the supply or no one could figure out how to load the bag of mix inside the machine.
I watched 2 staff members and a "manager" of some type all try, and they couldn't get it to work.

Apparently they have it figured out now!
elitefreak and unitedbusiness like this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elitefreak

img
Originally Posted by goodeats21
It was there before. I visited very close to opening day and it was there...though I could not get one as they either ran out of the supply or no one could figure out how to load the bag of mix inside the machine.
I watched 2 staff members and a "manager" of some type all try, and they couldn't get it to work.

Apparently they have it figured out now!
Yeah I've seen that before too and asked about it a couple of times. Those times, the barista said either it was broken and leaking and hadn't been used at all that week or that they didn't know how it worked (former answer might have been a result of the latter).

Let's see how long it holds up!
jcturnbull likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Haven’t been to this club in a while…does any one know if they’ve stepped up the overall cleanliness of the club, esp. the restrooms recently?
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
Haven’t been to this club in a while…does any one know if they’ve stepped up the overall cleanliness of the club, esp. the restrooms recently?
I was there Monday and the men's room was reasonably clean. They were actively mopping the stalls/urinal area.
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:42 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob

Just another day in the new UC…

Is is the Polaris Lounge or the Port Authority?
Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
I was there 10 days ago and the bathrooms were clean. It was a Monday night and the floors were kind of messy, but in general, this place was heaven-sent for me. The showers were cleaned and much-needed after 20 hours of traveling. I can't believe I am saying this, but I will do more travel out of Newark because of this lounge
Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
I'd imagine we will see showers return across the system in the next few years at various United Clubs. I'm hoping the new C lounge at ORD has them.
I hope so. For a Gen Pop lounge, this is great. No need to fly Polaris to get a shower and some basic food
perkele likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles

I really wish United would create appropriate resting areas in lounges, like a lot of the other carriers have in their hubs around the world. A screened off area with recliners / lounge chairs would be a great resource for passengers when they have crazy itineraries and / or lengthy delays. Of course, that would take some additional space... So I guess we know why it doesn't happen.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Stopped by this UC for the first time when I flew out on Friday morning. Wasn't very crowded yet and did not stay long, but what an upgrade from what this used to be. Love the local touches. Would say that it's now the best domestic UC in the system (ahead of LAX, which was my previous favorite).
8MiHi and quikj like this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist

Definitely the best United Club in the system. A little crowded but still decent number of seats on both Saturday morning and evening. Didn’t have to wait to use the shower at 7pm Saturday. Pork carnitas was fantastic as a pre-departure meal.

The automated entry gates are awesome. I’ve had to wait 5-10 minutes sometimes during peak times at the old EWR United club. Now almost zero line.
st530, 84fiero, lsquare and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL 1MM PM: UA Plat
Had a LONG visit due to a delay. Great bartenders and food. I loved the Beef Barley soup. Most soups are simply too salty for my taste. To many people it is probably under-salted but that is easy to fix.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Magic Pickles

At least they have socks on their dirty feet.

Dirty feet on United Club lounge furniture

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.