Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2022, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Opens Its Largest Club in the Country
Photos(1)

New, 30,000 sq.-ft. United ClubSM at Newark Liberty International Airport offers more modern United brand experience with views of the Manhattan skyline, close to 500 seats, spa-like shower suites and a barista-staffed coffee shop

Opening comes just before Memorial Day, one of the busiest travel weekends of the year

CHICAGO, May 19, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today announced the opening of its new, nearly 30,000 square-foot United Club location at Newark Liberty International Airport, offering travelers a modern design, enhanced amenities and culinary offerings, locally-sourced art and furniture pieces and views of the Manhattan skyline. Located in Terminal C3 near gate C123, this club is the largest club in United's network, and is opening just in time for the Memorial Day holiday, which the airline expects will be one of its busiest travel weekends so far this year.

"As more and more customers return to the skies, United is committed to delivering a superior customer experience on and off the plane, especially in increasingly crowded airports," said Aaron McMillan, United's managing director of hospitality and planning. "Our new Newark Club location is carefully designed with the customer at the forefront with thoughtful touches like murals and décor that reflect the local community. This design theme and commitment to creating a locally-inspired experience will set the precedent for future club openings and renovations across our network."

The Newark United Club location features a new design and reflects a modern take on the United Club experience. It showcases many firsts for the club, as well as existing premium offering, including the following:
  • The largest club in our network: The club features more than 480 seats across spaces for lounging, working, private dining and socializing.
  • Spa-like showers: Members can freshen-up in one of the six, spa-like shower suites at Newark, stocked with Sunday Riley products.
  • Coffee shop experience: Staffed by a barista ready to prepare their favorite hand-crafted drinks, flyers can get inspired at the full-service coffee bar, featuring illy signature blend of 100 percent Arabica beans, in addition to culinary offerings in all United Clubs, like complimentary beverages and snacks.
  • Modern, Newark-inspired design: Flyers can enjoy unmatched views of the Manhattan skyline amidst locally-sourced furniture pieces and décor, as well as the new design and color scheme that will be rolled-out in future new and refurbished clubs. The space also includes modern amenities, like self-scan entry for quick access and free, high-speed Wi-Fi.
  • Sustainable, green materials: As part of the airline's sustainability commitment, the Club is designed with sustainable materials and features, such as WaterSense-rated fixtures, enhanced indoor air quality, green cleaning and more.
Additionally, in collaboration with The Newark Museum of Art and Gallery Aferro, the new club location prominently features two murals created by local artists, Gilbert Hsiao and Dahlia Elsayed. Inspired by the musical legacy in the Newark area and United's iconic history, Hsiao's mural, located in the club's entryway, is a deceptively simple, eye-catching piece featuring dots and circles to represent abstract beats in space as well as nod to the United globe. Elsayed's artwork, situated in the club's lounge, is an abstract and textural piece, referencing Arshile Gorky's famous 1936-67 murals at EWR, with imagery inclusive of built and natural environments of the New York / New Jersey area.

"The Newark Museum of Art is honored to be a part of this remarkable tribute to our community and our city," said Linda Harrison, The Newark Museum of Art's director and CEO. "May these tremendous artworks inspire and remind our residents and visitors of Newark's role as a cultural hub for artistic excellence and community cultivation. We are so proud to contribute to this exciting unveiling and pay homage to our special city with these two extraordinary works of art."

"Artists like Gilbert Hsiao and Dahlia Elsayed have a gift, which is to make the world new for us over and over again," said Emma Wilcox, Gallery Aferro's co-founder. "Gallery Aferro is thrilled to see these acclaimed alumni of our residency and fellowship program gain a new global audience of travelers with this project."

The Newark United Club location is the first of a series of United Club locations to open with the new club design and amenities. It's part of United's ongoing commitment to renovate and introduce new United Club locations throughout its network and provide a more modern United brand experience. For more information on United Club locations, visit united.com/unitedclub.
UC EWR Hours, Mezzanine level, near gate C123 5:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. daily

Print Wikipost

New EWR C123 UC has opened - 19 May 2022

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
New EWR C123 UC has opened - 19 May 2022

Originally Posted by nevansm
It literally just started at 6pm local.
photos to follow but initial impressions are WOW. Floored.

It’s massive and a nicer space than the Polaris Lounge, IMO.

Worth the wait.

Kindly excuse my lack of aesthetic sensibility and poor composition. They are literally quick snaps and do not do the space justice. To say I am impressed is an understatement.

I’ll share more as I can.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 12, 2022 at 6:53 pm
Old May 12, 2022, 6:04 pm

Wow!

Can't wait to visit next month!! I hope that each hub will have something similar. Seems less plush than Polaris...but that's too be expected
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 6:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Looks good empty. How that seating functions when it’s a packed house is TBD.

Not sure I would want that bar type seating staring at strangers so closely. Not many groups of 10 show up
Old May 12, 2022, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA
Surprising that there are showers. I thought the trend was towards showers only in Polaris lounges.
Old May 12, 2022, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by adnyct
Can't wait to visit next month!! I hope that each hub will have something similar. Seems less plush than Polaris...but that's too be expected
Looks amazing for an UC! I don't travel much domestically but when I do I look forward to visiting! As a forever GS I wonder how one gets an invite to these things?
Old May 12, 2022, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Looks great - can't wait to use it on my next trip (EWR is home base)! My only comment is that I hope that bathrooms are designed better. Using the redone LAX UC (and the Boston UC) as a template, I have found that UA makes their bathrooms nice but also ends up including too few facilities for the size of the actual UC. Same criticism goes for the redone UC in A2 at EWR.
uastarflyer likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Wow I hope the buffet with hot food isn't just there for the preview only
Air Houston likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Looks very impressive! I may not go out of my way to avoid EWR so much anymore.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA EP, United Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Very impressive space for a United Club. Food was at a higher level than any other United Club I’ve seen. Whether it stays that way, we will see. United loves to promise things and then scale back.

Lots of light from the windowed roof. Some interesting spaces I haven’t seen before, like one person work boothes. Power/USB outlets all over the place.

Apologies, didn’t get that many pics.

Old May 12, 2022, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Awesome! Thanks for posting. I hadn't even realized enough time had past for this to be finished!
Old May 12, 2022, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Is that a pot of weed in front of the toilet and is there zigzag coming out of toilet paper holder?
EWR764 likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Great to see the showers. How many?

Any fancy coffee machine?

This club really has a new look - is the United Club style evolving again?

I'll be excited to visit when it is actually open - I don't like doing reviews of soft openings.
Old May 12, 2022, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Gosh! So happy to see some nice progress for EWR! Club looks wonderful
cesco.g and unitedbusiness like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
GUYS GUYS GUYS, FEAR NOT, the Jimmy Johns sandwiches have safely made their way into the new lounge!
And I was beginning to worry that we'd have seen the last of them.
m.y likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Nice to see. The style language doesn't really feel cohesive, but maybe it's better in person. It doesn't really look like anything you'd expect from UA.

How many showers are there? It'll be nice to hop in one after a p.s. redeye (assuming they're not all full.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.