Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by cfischer
BOS-BKK, SIN-BKK-BOS for 120k. Took the bait. Early March 2022 trip,
Doc Brown?
gspurr likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Has anyone mandated to find a TPAC routing through TYO or ICN where the Thai segment books into I? I'm looking over December / January and the last legs are all in X (economy)

The TATL routings all seem to have I space on the last leg but I would really rather fly west than east.
Yes, BKK-NRT-EWR-BOS. BKK-TYO not easy to find I space

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Doc Brown?
If you are referring to the missing BKK-SIN segment ... that is cheap to buy Or that this used to be 120k in the past? Not sure Anyway, JN for 120k is a great deal and I do intend to play an SDC game here

Last edited by cfischer; Apr 16, 2022 at 7:29 pm
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm also seeing 60k options completely on Ethiopian ORD-ADD-BKK "exclusively available to you as a mileageplus premier member" (must be logged in when you search otherwise they price as 99k).

It includes a 16hr overnight layover in ADD.

How is the business class experience on Ethiopian (Dreamliner) compared to Polaris? Is the city worth visiting for a night?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Just booked a trip to ARN! Connect via OSL on Ethiopian haha but United Polaris on the overwater segment!
For the record I did not call, but your post about ARN hypothetically helped my very hypothetical situation. Thanks!
cfischer likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
It includes a 16hr overnight layover in ADD.

How is the business class experience on Ethiopian (Dreamliner) compared to Polaris? Is the city worth visiting for a night?
Presuming you're a US citizen, you'll need a visa for a stay of more than 12 hours, OR to leave the airport. You'll also need a Yellow Fever vaccination certificate if you're there for more than 12 hours or depart the airport.
cfischer and VegasGambler like this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 8:05 pm

Programs: UAMP
Originally Posted by cfischer
BOS-BKK, SIN-BKK-BOS for 120k. Took the bait. Early March 2022 trip,
Saw the correction- Was going to say, now THESE dates would be impossible to book
Old Apr 16, 2022, 8:47 pm

Has anyone mandated to find a TPAC routing through TYO or ICN where the Thai segment books into I? I'm looking over December / January and the last legs are all in X (economy)

The TATL routings all seem to have I space on the last leg but I would really rather fly west than east.
Was able to get I from TYO-BKK-MNL for Oct
Old Apr 16, 2022, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by 985X
Also the REAL DEAL is, SCL/GRU-BKK with multiple connections for 60k miles in J
Thanks for finding and posting this - BKK--MUC-IAH-EZE 60K .
st530 likes this.

Last edited by nawlins; Apr 17, 2022 at 8:08 am
Old Apr 16, 2022, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lovefly88
Was able to get I from TYO-BKK-MNL for Oct
I booked through Tokyo as well but I need to change airports. The trip is not until Jan; hopefully foreign nationals can enter Japan by then

Last edited by VegasGambler; Apr 16, 2022 at 10:19 pm
Old Apr 16, 2022, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

im finding variable space through EU in I on the TG segments into BKK - really depends on day/connection point. Im looking for June into BKK and early’ish July to come back. As I posted above, some days I’m seeing no I space on TG segments, others I’m seeing it via MUC, but not ZRH/FRA. But there does seem to be X space if no I. Very big asterisk that I’m looking for 4, which I suspect is more limiting options than anything else.

for return, I’m seeing no I space several days on either side of 4th of July on TG into NRT (early morning flight) KIX or ICN. I’m seeing some availability on redeyes to HND/NRT, but the way those connections go leave long layovers. I’d almost rather take the early flight to NRT in Y with the 2-3 hour layover into JN on UA. I assume there’s no possibility to waitlist for I space if it opens on a partner?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 10:38 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
I’m having issues booking these for my partner. I can book myself but it throws an error on final booking when I try to book for her. The UA JN space has something to do With CC.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 12:20 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Diamond, peasant elsewhere
Picked up two BOS-EWR-FRA-BKK for October...was able to find some availability to continue to DPS but nothing to SIN (where we have family we haven't seen since before Covid), and four flights in a row is not my wife's idea of a fun vacation, even in J.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 12:39 am

Programs: UA 2MM
I tried YYZ-BKK, but it is only 60K if you route 2 stops through ORD / EWR. In other works, YYZ-FRA-BKK (AC/TG) not available in business.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 1:39 am

Just saw this. I'm looking at HNL - NRT on UA. UA is looking for 100k+ miles for this segment in J (more like 120k miles if I book this segment alone). If I do a HNL - NRT - BKK, price drops down to 60k miles. If I book it through to my final destination in SIN, price remains the same, but there is a 10hr, overnight layover in BKK.

Since this is 1 ticket, agent will most likely check me and my bags through to BKK or SIN. I will have checked bags. How easy is it for me to only check bags to NRT? Or uncheck everything at NRT?

Or just let the agent know I'm throwing away the rest of the ticket, then ask the agent at HNL to through check to other flight at NRT? This can be either a JL or SQ flight for NRT - SIN.

Last edited by fone; Apr 17, 2022 at 2:21 am
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fone
Just saw this. I'm looking at HNL - NRT on UA. UA is looking for 100k+ miles for this segment in J (more like 120k miles if I book this segment alone). If I do a HNL - NRT - BKK, price drops down to 60k miles. . . .

Since this is 1 ticket, agent will most likely check me and my bags through to BKK or SIN. I will have checked bags. How easy is it for me to only check bags to NRT? Or uncheck everything at NRT?
No agent will short‐check your bag, or check it to "connect" with a duplicate reservation on another airline inconsistent with the one for which you are ticketed.

If you are going to indulge in occasional "throw-away ticketing" (which is against the rules, but tolerated if done rarely), you cannot check a bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.