Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by wpcoe
Just found this oddball on 20-Dec:

All the other ones I found were UA + TG. This one is AC / UA / ET.
It seems like what's important for this fare is the existence of I/X availability for the partner flights.
sexykitten7 and VegasGambler like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by cfischer
No, this is the new normal. UA pushed a major devaluation yesterday across all markets.
At this point they would have caught it, but NZ is still there 5 days later for 60K miles. I suspect they aren’t selling enough intl business and this is a sale of sorts. Pity no Southern African options the best I can find is VFA via TLV&ADD with a 737 TLV - ADD
Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I like how when there are some expensive awards loaded everyone assumes it's a devaluation but when there are cheap awards loaded everyone assumes it's a mistake.
The effect of the FT chambers.

This deal seems to hold up well. I opened up my two reservations (NZ and Thailand) very often in the past three days. When one of the reservations did not open up, I had a slight heart burn.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:45 am

Aren't sales ordinarily accompanied by some marketing communications? I suppose not if it's just algorithmically generated.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:27 am

UA awards to BKK

I know United did away with saver awards. However I was looking for flights from ORD-BKK for early November round-trip and I was astounded to see that you could get a business class seat for 120,000 miles round-trip. Wow!

once they did away with the saver awards I did not look too much anymore for bargains like this because I did not think they existed. However apparently they do at least for some routes.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Sorry if this is already reported upthread, and Its not quite the 60K deal. But I am seeing SGN and HAN for 75K via SIN in J/C
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: None - previously UA
You have stumbled onto this, it likely won’t last https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...k-mnl-scl.html
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Jacketwatch
I know United did away with saver awards. However I was looking for flights from ORD-BKK for early November round-trip and I was astounded to see that you could get a business class seat for 120,000 miles round-trip. Wow!

once they did away with the saver awards I did not look too much anymore for bargains like this because I did not think they existed. However apparently they do at least for some routes.
Make sure that you get Business seat (I, not X) on Thai flight. NRT-BKK has only economy (X) available on lots of days.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
Sorry if this is already reported upthread, and Its not quite the 60K deal. But I am seeing SGN and HAN for 75K via SIN in J/C
Yes this has been available for days now - since United went to dynamic pricing when you get an opportunity take it and be happy - their decision to go dynamic means they have no way to say it’s a mistake any more - I’ve feasted on the opportunity as should you - this is called a sale!
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:36 am

It’s Biz all legs
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Yes this has been available for days now - since United went to dynamic pricing when you get an opportunity take it and be happy - their decision to go dynamic means they have no way to say it’s a mistake any more - I’ve feasted on the opportunity as should you - this is called a sale!
I didn't quite feast, but I did indeed take a "plate full"

Taking little_1780 to BKK for Christmas break.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by gspurr
I'm seeing 60K from Bangkok to North America as well. I tried booking one online but I was having issues with inputting the passengers for some reason so I called the 1K desk and they were able to book it no problem. The agent only commented on it being a good deal but that was it. I booked BKK-HND-ORD-YYZ (TG-UA-UA) all in business for 4 passengers. in August. The same itinerary was there yesterday for 99K per passenger.

Kacee is right that there is not much availability. This has been true when it was the usual 99K so if you hunt around and are not looking for too many passengers you can probably find something. Just be careful as the first leg from BKK is often only in economy.
I just double checked to be sure and all four flights are definitely business. Get it while it’s hot!
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
I didn't quite feast, but I did indeed take a "plate full"

Taking little_1780 to BKK for Christmas break.
lol in todays world of miles - being able to fly around the world in business class for less miles than it takes for NYC to SFO - that’s a feast - and even my Japanese wife can’t wait to re-enact the hangover in BKK with me….

Honestly - anyone who is is BKK in November - let’s have a FT get together!
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by mariol
I really wish I could short check the bags to SYD and grab one of these for my family as well. But I:I at SYD doesn't get you a chance to get your luggage, right?
correct- never see your luggage at SYD.

Originally Posted by DCAview
Setting aside the hidden-city issue, could a traveler making an international transit at SYD with a long layover leave the airport (enter Australia) for the duration of the layover? A 10-hour layover at Sydney strikes me as more than enough time to spend a day in the city, assuming, that is, that you are allowed to enter the city!
Make sure you have Oz visa.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 19, 2022 at 9:54 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
lol in todays world of miles - being able to fly around the world in business class for less miles than it takes for NYC to SFO - that’s a feast - and even my Japanese wife can’t wait to re-enact the hangover in BKK with me….

Honestly - anyone who is is BKK in November - let’s have a FT get together!
I have not told little_1780 yet, but I am assuming I want to tell him with a "Leslie Chow-esque way".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.