Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
I just nabbed 4 of these on UA to/from NRT and TG to/from BKK. Thanks to OP.

What is the current procedure for Thailand? My understanding (as a fully vaccinated pax) is that we will have to test on arrival and spend one night in some special hotel, whereupon we will be free to travel anywhere in Thailand. In addition, we will have to buy travel insurance. Is my understanding correct?
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by zombietooth

What is the current procedure for Thailand? My understanding (as a fully vaccinated pax) is that we will have to test on arrival and spend one night in some special hotel, whereupon we will be free to travel anywhere in Thailand. In addition, we will have to buy travel insurance. Is my understanding correct?
Currently test and go, and you need Thailand Pass, but they're likely ditching Thailand Pass and going to ATK testing on arrival at BKK within the next couple weeks.

Richard Barrow on twitter has the best English language updates.
zombietooth likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:34 pm

Programs: United

Right now you also need to test on day 5 and upload the results. Hopefully all of it goes away soon.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mpw81
I can see it too. Just did a dummy search for June. ORF-IAD-FRA-BKK. UA/UA/TG with normal connections and business (and UA domestic F) the whole way.

I booked two tickets from ORF to HKT. It is a very long trip (> 30 hours each way).
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I booked two tickets from ORF to HKT. It is a very long trip (> 30 hours each way).

Despite common sense, I cancelled my J ORF-IAD-MUC flights for 3 people (2 on one PNR, 1 on the other) to book ORF-IAD-MUC-BKK and went from 77k to 60k apiece. The 2 pax PNR ticketed immediately while the single got hung up on the TG leg, per the chat function. I'll contact them tomorrow morning if it doesn't clear up. 17k savings is nice, but primary reason for change was a move from LH to UA for better seat on TATL and better timing. Hope it all goes through and holds.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Can someone explain to me why I can almost never book domestic F on an award (or find PZ for UG) but, on every day and every routing that I checked, domestic F was available as part of these BKK awards?
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:34 pm

Seems to be a more general bug - ORD to SCL also has a ton of daily availability for 60k, with JN space making up the United part of the ticket.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Can someone explain to me why I can almost never book domestic F on an award (or find PZ for UG) but, on every day and every routing that I checked, domestic F was available as part of these BKK awards?
Because it is JN and JN is last available seat
zombietooth likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:44 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
What dates ( months) are people booking? Ex SFO I'm seeing 650k each way 😳
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
What dates ( months) are people booking? Ex SFO I'm seeing 650k each way 😳
All year and into 2023 EWR through Munich or Paris to BKK
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by allthem
Seems to be a more general bug - ORD to SCL also has a ton of daily availability for 60k, with JN space making up the United part of the ticket.
Also seeing 60k availability to EZE and MNL
Edit: CGK and HKT as well.

Last edited by angetenar; Apr 15, 2022 at 7:53 pm Reason: More details
Old Apr 15, 2022, 8:08 pm

So far I'm seeing this with UA/TG, UA/ET (e.g. US-GRU-EZE), UA/AV (e.g. US-BOG-SCL), and UA/TK (e.g. US-IST-DXB) combos.

UA/LO seems to work, too, e.g. ORF-BOM via ORD and WAW UA/LO/LO October 10.

Last edited by hogo74; Apr 15, 2022 at 8:32 pm
Old Apr 15, 2022, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Very interesting. My hypothesis is that any I space on a partner (even a short domestic flight) is combining with JN space on UA to give I pricing.

ETA: Nope that can't be it. Just found a counter example (XN-I-I instead of JN-I-I). Might only happen sometimes?

Last edited by sexykitten7; Apr 15, 2022 at 8:50 pm
Old Apr 15, 2022, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Thanks, I booked EWR-ZRH-BKK for November, 60k points, booked in UA/JN and TG/I. This will be my positioning flight to jump on the LH CGK-US fare deal from a few weeks ago.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by sexykitten7
Very interesting. My hypothesis is that any I space on a partner (even a short domestic flight) is combining with JN space on UA to give I pricing.
I didn't see any UA/LH or UA/LX yet, and just regular 88k rather than 60k pricing for UA/ET combos to NBO, so while widespread, it seems not to be quite as general as that.

Last edited by hogo74; Apr 15, 2022 at 8:48 pm Reason: typo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.