Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All These Years And Finally Cleared CPU!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by couscous
Have Million Milers gold members been lucky with CPU's or is it still a long shot ?
Long shot except for some obscure, elite-light routes.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by seat38a
Booked DEN - LAX coach and LAX - HNL FC, I never have high hopes of clearing CPU as a gold but this is what I found in my email this morning. What does this mean? Does it mean now, I can be a total DYKWIA? More empathy for the pain people who's CPU's do not clear, since now I will know the joys and sadness of clearing and not clearing CPU's?
So how was the upgrade and service?

David
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Same as regular Gold.

Silver has been my best experience as a UA member.
This year has been pretty good to me as a lowly Silver as well. 4/6 on CPUs this year. I should have cleared on a 5th, but the FA didnt seek to call me up from Y, when the person ahead of me on the upgrade list refused the upgrade to F.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by quikj
This year has been pretty good to me as a lowly Silver as well. 4/6 on CPUs this year. I should have cleared on a 5th, but the FA didnt seek to call me up from Y, when the person ahead of me on the upgrade list refused the upgrade to F.
If you are able to load a fresh boarding pass on the app, you can move yourself forward in the future and show it to the FA.

David
quikj likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 1:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by quikj
,,,I should have cleared on a 5th, but the FA didnt seek to call me up from Y, when the person ahead of me on the upgrade list refused the upgrade to F.
Generally that is the GA's role, not FA.
GA's may enlist the FA's help but FA's are not involved in the upgrade process.

And as mentioned, refreshing your app BP may also address this if the GA does process the COU.
quikj likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
If you are able to load a fresh boarding pass on the app, you can move yourself forward in the future and show it to the FA.

David
Sometimes GAs would get annoyed when you move yourself. Last year on an ex-ANC redeye flight, I saw the processed upgrade and moved up myself, GA was not happy with me. Oh well.

Somehow another pax behind me got upgraded too but there was only one available seat upfront. GA became apologetic to that pax and told him he would get ETC for her incompetence
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 1:25 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
So how was the upgrade and service?

David
It was no April fools joke! It was a real CPU. Also got my first meal choice. PDB of water or orange juice. Drink refills were plentiful.
SPN Lifer, Silver Fox and DELee like this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 4:00 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
That's a pretty good first CPU.

My first ever upgrade on United was LAX-SFO on a 737-300 using an old electronic 500 miler cert in 2004. I got a Diet Pepsi in a glass and the gross snack mix they used to have there. I think you beat me on this one, OP
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
PHX to LAX was my first CPU, and first mileage run. I was so excited then.

UA still operated from the now defunct T2.

My fare was $8 or $9, part of PHX-LAX-EWR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.