Blank screen for mileage upgrade request

Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Blank screen for mileage upgrade request

I’m trying to make a mileage upgrade request on an existing booking. I can get to the first page where I can select the outbound and return flights with cash or miles. When I hit ‘continue’ I see the confirmation screen for a split second before the page goes white. I happens on my mobile, app and both laptops. Any ideas what’s happening?
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
I've had that happen when I've booked with a companion and I was applying for an upgrade for just myself with a break for business fare - I had to call to get the PNR split as technically break for business requires the person eligible for the fare to be flying with the companion.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

It’s a simple Premium Economy non-stop return LHR-SFO for two passengers (one adult, one kid).
Old Mar 14, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by alex_b
It’s a simple Premium Economy non-stop return LHR-SFO for two passengers (one adult, one kid).
Are you sure you requested the upgrade for both passengers? I don't think a single request applies to both.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

When I select the upgrade on the return leg it calculates the total for both passengers and offers the continue button. It’s just it then goes to a blank screen rather than a confirmation page.

I think I’ve worked it out: it’s a waitlist request so I think it needs to split the booking to do that, but with a kid on the booking it can’t hence it falling over.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by alex_b
When I select the upgrade on the return leg it calculates the total for both passengers and offers the continue button. It’s just it then goes to a blank screen rather than a confirmation page.

I think I’ve worked it out: it’s a waitlist request so I think it needs to split the booking to do that, but with a kid on the booking it can’t hence it falling over.
Probably what it is - they need to throw an error if they can't split the PNR
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.