757-300 and 737-9 max overhead bin size

Old Mar 13, 22, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA
757-300 and 737-9 max overhead bin size

Are the bins on either plane big enough to hold Rimowa cabin plus?
Old Mar 13, 22, 9:24 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
No problems at all with Cabin Plus, except for the forwardmost bins in F on the 737. They are a little shallower than those after Row 3 or so. 753 should be fine throughout.
Old Mar 13, 22, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.024MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Select; WoH Dis
I thought United got rid of all the 753s and just kept the 752s.
Old Mar 13, 22, 11:14 am

Programs: Northwest WorldPerks, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
The only 757s UA has retired are the PW-powered 757-200s, the last few of which were in high-J config for ps service.
Old Mar 13, 22, 4:03 pm

Max overhead bins are quite large, bags actually go vertically on their sides so thickness isn't really an issue.
Old Mar 13, 22, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by EWR764 View Post
No problems at all with Cabin Plus, except for the forwardmost bins in F on the 737. They are a little shallower than those after Row 3 or so. 753 should be fine throughout.
Great, thank you! Most recently flew a 737-7 where the bins were barely big enough for an original cabin suitcase!
Old Mar 13, 22, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
The only thing that matters is if your carryons meet the baggage size on UA website.
Old Mar 14, 22, 12:34 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Collierkr View Post
The only thing that matters is if your carryons meet the baggage size on UA website.
Originally Posted by nw6338 View Post
Are the bins on either plane big enough to hold Rimowa cabin plus?
That may be the only thing that matters TO YOU, but that's not what the OP is asking about, is it?

The OP probably doesn't want to gate check and risk getting a ding in the bag. I don't mind with my Rimowa, but my wife always hates it.
Old Mar 14, 22, 4:58 am

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Originally Posted by sol95 View Post
That may be the only thing that matters TO YOU, but that's not what the OP is asking about, is it?

The OP probably doesn't want to gate check and risk getting a ding in the bag. I don't mind with my Rimowa, but my wife always hates it.
LOL, so your the one who keeps trying to sneak on an oversized bag! Seriously though, he is correct, in this case, size does matter. PAX bringing oversized bags onto the aircraft usually slow down the boarding process, and I've had to take a few delays over the years as a result. People need to learn to play be the rules.... (Not saying you don't, so please don't take it that way)
VRFast, Daze, Dublin_rfk and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 14, 22, 6:02 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Silver
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
You still see the 753's quite frequently on ORD-LAX...
Old Mar 14, 22, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 4.1MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by nw6338 View Post
Great, thank you! Most recently flew a 737-7 where the bins were barely big enough for an original cabin suitcase!
I believe you are referring to the 737-700, of which UA has many. The 737-7 refers to the MAX7 -- which UA has not ordered.
Old Mar 14, 22, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by sol95 View Post

One of the secrets to not gate checking (and the clogging of the jetway that it causes on arrival) is not having an oversized another is to board before group 2.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 14, 22, 1:47 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi View Post
The only 757s UA has retired are the PW-powered 757-200s, the last few of which were in high-J config for ps service.
So UA has no more high J 752's?
Old Mar 14, 22, 1:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.024MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Select; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by seanp7 View Post
You still see the 753's quite frequently on ORD-LAX...
I won't because I never fly that route... But I get your point (gotta love the ambiguity of the English language).

Originally Posted by wxguy View Post
The 737-7 refers to the MAX7
I think 7M7 would be the more common abbreviation.
Old Mar 14, 22, 10:38 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by 757FO View Post
LOL, so your the one who keeps trying to sneak on an oversized bag! Seriously though, he is correct, in this case, size does matter. PAX bringing oversized bags onto the aircraft usually slow down the boarding process, and I've had to take a few delays over the years as a result. People need to learn to play be the rules.... (Not saying you don't, so please don't take it that way)
HAHA

No, my bag is a Rimowa Cabin, which complies with the dimensions AND fits in those bag size checkers at some airports.

But honestly, what is it with American domestic travellers and their oversized roll-ons?! I don't travel that often domestically in the US, but when I do, I would say at least 20-30% of the travellers are trying to take on a bag that anywhere else in the world would need to be checked in.
jtet likes this.

Search this Thread