Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Airports with Premier Access security lanes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airports with Premier Access security lanes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2022, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
LAX has a Premier Access/Gold Track lane.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
DEN can be hard to spot since they rearranged the security setup but it's still there. It's at South security, all the way on the left (just to the right of the CLEAR entrance).
There is NOT a Premier Access lane on the North side. I sadly don't have Precheck so I use this Premier lane every time I fly, super fast.

Last edited by dham; Mar 14, 2022 at 9:47 pm Reason: a word
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Note: Thread's OP is out of Tokyo so may not have Pre or Clear irrespective of folks tossing those in.

David
lhrsfo likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I'm not sure what this premier access security lane is. I was in Singapore in late April and early May, and both times I used the same security lane like everyone else. There is a counter for people with UA premier access, which I think I have as a UA Silver as I used it both times without any issues. In San Francisco, I used either Clear or TSA-Pre. It was faster to use Clear in May, so I used that.
Old May 18, 2022, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm not sure what this premier access security lane is. I was in Singapore in late April and early May, and both times I used the same security lane like everyone else. There is a counter for people with UA premier access, which I think I have as a UA Silver as I used it both times without any issues. In San Francisco, I used either Clear or TSA-Pre. It was faster to use Clear in May, so I used that.
It's only available at select UA hub airport (e.g. SFO, EWR, DEN). SIN wouldn't have it.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: UA
CLE still has PriorityAccess security lane
Old May 18, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Repooc17
It's only available at select UA hub airport (e.g. SFO, EWR, DEN). SIN wouldn't have it.
SIN was listed in the OP. Is it actually useful compared to Clear and TSA-Pre?
Old May 18, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA MM
In the past, I remember ORD T2 had priority access. I think it was there primarily for DL passengers but anyone could use it.
Old May 18, 2022, 1:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lsquare
SIN was listed in the OP. Is it actually useful compared to Clear and TSA-Pre?
Unrelated. It is the lines before Precheck or non-Precheck. There are no separate lines prior to CLEAR.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Unrelated. It is the lines before Precheck or non-Precheck. There are no separate lines prior to CLEAR.
I guess I was confused because I had never heard of this before.
Old May 23, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat
RDU used to have an all-airline elite/premium cabin line, but that is no longer available.
IAD still has one but you just need to make sure you notice it when you get down from the escalators, otherwise it is easy to miss and you will just end up in the normal line before ID check.
ORD still has premier access on the very far left end of T1, but whether it is open or not has been iffy since covid—hopefully it’s more consistent now.

But yes, generally speaking you have much more luck at larger international airports where United shares the terminal with Star Alliance partners, since Gold Track is supposedly an alliance-wide benefit and higher international pax means it is more likely the premium pax do not otherwise qualify for Pre or Clear.
Old May 24, 2022, 2:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
ORD has had their PA line open at the far end of T1 for my 20+ departures over the past two years.
SFO has been open for 4 departures in the past two months.
LAX has been open for 8 departures in the past two months.
TUS had their Gold Track line open when I was there last month.
SMF does not have a prem access line.

DTW has a Gold Track premier access line but it has never been open in my 10+ departures over the past two years, including peak and non-peak times. Off-topic but DTW has to be the worst United check-in experience on the planet. Check-in is separated by arriving airport, and the premier line often takes longer than just getting in the arrival airport line. It's to the point that I do everything in my power to not check a bag if I'm going to DTW- even on a 10+ day trip.
Old May 24, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by CPS89
ORD has had their PA line open at the far end of T1 for my 20+ departures over the past two years.
SFO has been open for 4 departures in the past two months.
LAX has been open for 8 departures in the past two months.
TUS had their Gold Track line open when I was there last month.
SMF does not have a prem access line.

DTW has a Gold Track premier access line but it has never been open in my 10+ departures over the past two years, including peak and non-peak times. Off-topic but DTW has to be the worst United check-in experience on the planet. Check-in is separated by arriving airport, and the premier line often takes longer than just getting in the arrival airport line. It's to the point that I do everything in my power to not check a bag if I'm going to DTW- even on a 10+ day trip.
So this means there is a separate counter for each UA destination?
Old May 24, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
There's usually 3-4 counters with agents. However, each destination has its own line- DEN, ORD, IAH, EWR, IAD, and Premier. This creates a headache as the overwhelmed agents don't seem to care who they call up.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Anyone gone through the premier access lane in LAS recently? Is it a reasonable expectation that it will be open ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.