Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA1420 delayed, next connecting flight is next day. What can I expect?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2022, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)

Hi there
I'm on UA1420 from FLL to IAH and my flight got delayed a long time and I'm missing my connection tonight on UA5608 to SLC. Booked as one ticket/one PNR.

My status is Star Alliance gold with AC. No status with United.

It appears that my next available flight is tomorrow afternoon, connecting via LAX according to the app. Adding another 24 hours of travel.

UA did not say what the delay was related to. Will I get a free hotel stay tonight?

Last edited by cooleddie; Feb 26, 2022 at 6:03 pm
Old Feb 26, 2022, 5:49 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Status? Ultimate destination? Withholding relevant facts leads to the standard adage of garbage in, garbage out.
boss315 and benfro6 like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 5:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cooleddie
Hi there
I'm on UA1420 from FLL to IAH and my flight got delayed a long time and I'm missing my connection tonight.

It appears that my next available flight is tomorrow afternoon, connecting via LAX according to the app. Adding another 24 hours of travel.

UA did not say what the delay was related to. Will I get a free hotel stay tonight?
Appears a 1 hour delay
Reason may matter, such as WX related will not provide hotel unless you are *G on international PNR
Is the next flight on the same PNR, single ticket?
Is this international or domestic ticket?
There is a small chance they may hold the connecting flight
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stevenshev
Status? Ultimate destination? Withholding relevant facts leads to the standard adage of garbage in, garbage out.
Just added. Star Alliance gold with Air Canada. Final destination SLC.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Appears a 1 hour delay
Reason may matter, such as WX related will not provide hotel unless you are *G on international PNR
Is the next flight on the same PNR, single ticket?
Is this international or domestic ticket?
There is a small chance they may hold the connecting flight
How do I know if the delay is weather related? Don't know if there was a weather issue at IAH today (where the inbound flight was delayed)

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 26, 2022 at 7:21 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:16 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
Delta had a non-stop FLL-SLC at 1630, not sure if UA looked at that.
Delta also has a couple of flights tomorrow IAH-SLC that might be usable if stuck in Houston.... but both look to be sold out at this moment however.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 7:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cooleddie
...How do I know if the delay is weather related? Don't know if there was a weather issue at IAH today (where the inbound flight was delayed)
Ask at IAH customer service for a hotel voucher, that will be you answer.

IAH did have some weather issues earlier today
Old Feb 26, 2022, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for the help

Used the virtual assistant for the first time. It was a 15 min wait but was useful as I was walking through the terminal. The video chat was not stable but the texting helped. Lady was helpful and didn't seem to be stressed like those behind the counter.

Got hotel voucher, $40 food credit and found a direct flight that popped up last minute.

All good to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.