Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United partner award flight selections offered but cannot redeem

Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Logged into United.com and attempted to book international award travel that does not have ridiculously long layovers and multiple legs, I have found multiple options. I selected the options and filled in all the necessary data needed to complete the transaction including CC info and travelers...etc. The system fails to complete the transactions. I have, no exaggeration talked to 6 agents for 5 straight hours and have been on hold for an additional 5. One agent told me that it was because I was short 20k miles and I should buy them separately, then the form should work fine. I purchased the miles, the outcome was the same. Later, a couple of agents later, they said they cannot book Aerlingus and Emerald airlines through the system and those flights/bookings are only available for non-award travel. However, they are displayed options to choose from. I have since been on with multiple agents for more hrs wait while they attempt to find me acceptable flights. ~~ For some reason, I keep getting dropped and no one calls me back. Back on hold for hours waiting for supervisors. I believe, for the most part, the agents have been sweet and have truly wanted to help me, however; there doesn't seem to be an escalation above supervisor and they are just giving up. I am at a loss as to what I can do next. Talk to a layer, write the CEO....etc Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:56 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, OmieJ

Originally Posted by OmieJ
... they said they cannot book Aerlingus and Emerald airlines through the system and those flights/bookings are only available for non-award travel. ...
My guess this is the issue, while EI should be bookable, best to my knowledge Emerald (EA) is not a UA award partner. It may be planned but it should not be showing up in award searches, Understand this is frustrating but suggest looking for different alternatives with EA flights.

How are the EA flights coded -- Are they EI codeshares (should not be , award codeshares are not allowed)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.