Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2022, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Welcome to this thread to ask your basic, simple questions about United Airlines, its operations, or the MileagePlus program. We know that the airline is complex and we’ve created this thread for new and veteran members to ask those basic questions about United Airlines that you think must have an easy answer but just can’t find it or aren’t sure where to look.

UA Moderator Team
Ocn Vw 1K, l'etoile, J.Edward, Pat89339, WineCountryUA

These are the two rules for this thread:
  1. Use this thread for a simple, basic question. Moderators may move posts to a new / existing thread if appropriate.
  2. Any member who can post a constructive, patient answer is welcome to reply.

Generally, there are no long discussions of an issue in this thread. If it appears that is needed, the posts will be moved to an existing thread or used as the start of a new separate thread.

Additional tools for members seeking information about MileagePlus:

United MileagePlus Master Wiki

"New" United Airlines Forum Glossary

Here is a link to recent previous threads:
Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2021]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2020]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2019]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2018]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2017]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2016 Part II]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2016 Part I]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 -Part II]...

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 Thread]...

Print Wikipost

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2022]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2022, 10:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I am a MileagePlus Premier® member (from being Marriott LT Plat) and was booking flights from WAS to LIH using points. Yesterday they were offering one way tickets for 12.5K (Exclusively available to you as a MileagePlus Premier® member). Today is back to 22.5K. But the 12.5K is offered from BOS to LIH today (not yesterday). In both cases I took advantage as I have family members flying from both WAS and BOS. But I missed booking with points for our rtn from Honolulu to WAS yesterday for 12.5K. Today is back to 24.5K.

My question is will these offer be back again or do i need to check daily?
Old Feb 9, 2022, 10:16 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I am a MileagePlus Premier® member (from being Marriott LT Plat) and was booking flights from WAS to LIH using points. Yesterday they were offering one way tickets for 12.5K (Exclusively available to you as a MileagePlus Premier® member). Today is back to 22.5K. But the 12.5K is offered from BOS to LIH today (not yesterday). In both cases I took advantage as I have family members flying from both WAS and BOS. But I missed booking with points for our rtn from Honolulu to WAS yesterday for 12.5K. Today is back to 24.5K.

My question is will these offer be back again or do i need to check daily?
As a Premier Silver, you have access to XN award inventory. (as do all elites and certain credit card holders). This is also called saver award inventory. There is also standard award inventory YN/HN at the higher mileage.

Appears you found some XN inventory on those flights but it has all been used.
Will UA replenish? Perhaps, perhaps not. You will need to check regularly
Old Feb 10, 2022, 8:11 pm

I have Silver, P2 has no status. If P2 has to book the flight for us, will we be able to select priority seats upon booking due to me holding status?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by aimango
I have Silver, P2 has no status. If P2 has to book the flight for us, will we be able to select priority seats upon booking due to me holding status?
If on the same PNR and your UA MP account is on your reservation, as Silver, you will be able to select preferred seats at booking and E+ seats at check-in for both of you. Who books or pays does not matter.
aimango likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
I'm trying to book 7 pax from CLE-ORD-HNL in F, but the CLE-ORD leg is an E170 that only has 6 seats in First, so at least one of us obviously has to be in E on that leg.

The UA website seems unable to, and only offers a mixed-cabin ticket that puts all 7 of us in E for that leg (for the same per-ticket price as booking 6x directly into F)

Is it possible to book this on a single PNR if I call UA?

Last edited by Wooglin; Feb 12, 2022 at 4:35 pm
Old Feb 12, 2022, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Wooglin
I'm trying to book 7 pax from CLE-ORD-HNL in F, but the CLE-ORD leg is an E170 that only has 6 seats in First, so at least one of us obviously has to be in E on that leg.

The UA website seems unable to, and only offers a mixed-cabin ticket that puts all 7 of us in E for that leg (for the same ticket price as booking 6x directly into F)

Is it possible to book this on a single PNR if I call UA?
No
All passengers on a PNR must have the same flights, same fare class, ...
While being on the same PNR has some benefits, it is generally minimal. Elite bag allowance is probably the most meaningful and that can be manged by moving bags to those with the allowance and a few without.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: United 4MM GS, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
No unfortunately, all passengers in the PNR have to have the same underlying fare
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:51 am

Good afternoon. I realize that physical *G cards no longer exist. What experiences are members having access to non-UA lounges without a physical *G card? Backstory - I am flying ET using Lifemiles. I'd prefer the better *G lounge at ADD. The ET rep was unable to associate my UA # with the booking as it already has my AV #. Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by lamphs
Good afternoon. I realize that physical *G cards no longer exist. What experiences are members having access to non-UA lounges without a physical *G card? Backstory - I am flying ET using Lifemiles. I'd prefer the better *G lounge at ADD. The ET rep was unable to associate my UA # with the booking as it already has my AV #. Thanks!
The virtual card in the smartphone apps should work. As protection in case you do not have phone service, screen capture the card image

Virtual card has been acceptable form of access since well before COVID.
Recent Denials of admission to *A Lounges due to lack of UA *G card [2019-2020]

As far as changing the FF account, best to do that with the issuing carrier but not all programs will do this.
lamphs likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:39 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Booked a 016 ticket with a LH segment. I upgraded the LH segment on lh.com. Now on UA, it shows the segment twice, once with the original class, the other with the upgraded class. On the app, under "trip details" not reservations, it lists two travelers (my name twice).

Anything that needs to be corrected? Don't want an agent/system dropping my upgraded segment or something
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:00 am

I have two upcoming flights SFO-EWR. I think originally they were scheduled on a 777 without premium economy though they have since been swapped for planes with premium economy. I can book a new ticket in premium economy for those flights, but for my existing tickets I only have a buy-up offer for F. Should I expect that to change at all as departure gets closer or is this some IT quirk?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by eng3
Booked a 016 ticket with a LH segment. I upgraded the LH segment on lh.com. Now on UA, it shows the segment twice, once with the original class, the other with the upgraded class. On the app, under "trip details" not reservations, it lists two travelers (my name twice).

Anything that needs to be corrected? Don't want an agent/system dropping my upgraded segment or something
I doubt it's an issue. Have you checked to see how your reservation displays on the United iPhone/Android app?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Clemson
I have two upcoming flights SFO-EWR. I think originally they were scheduled on a 777 without premium economy though they have since been swapped for planes with premium economy. I can book a new ticket in premium economy for those flights, but for my existing tickets I only have a buy-up offer for F. Should I expect that to change at all as departure gets closer or is this some IT quirk?
You should be able to do a change flight and see what the upfare would be. An agent can also do this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
I doubt it's an issue. Have you checked to see how your reservation displays on the United iPhone/Android app?
same
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA
Greetings everyone. I just booked on flight on United's website, and the charge has showed up as pending on my credit card. However, under the trip details section on the United website, it still says

Ticket status: not ticketed

We will hold this reservation until Fri, Jun 17, 2022 Purchase now
and the purchase now just redirects to the website homepage. I also still haven't received the eTicket Itinerary and Receipt for Confirmation email that I normally get from United. Is this something that I need to call about? Or will it work itself out with some time? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.