Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2022, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For domestic flight issues, use

Information resources:
UA Flight Status
FlightAware / Flightstats (flight details)
Cancelled Flights (FlightAware)
Diverted Flights

Previous international delayed / cancelled report threads
Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2021)
Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2020)
Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2019)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2018)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2017)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2015)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2014)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2012/13)

If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
[email protected], response in 30 business days
Print Wikipost

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Well apart from a 24+ hour delay he did get out of FRA and did get upgraded surprisingly. E and E+ were wide open on the flight (#927) so easy mid week flight. He even got to enjoy the Senators lounge so thanks to all again. Still have no idea as to "water pipe" issue. LOL
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 5:37 pm

UA 886 heading back to EWR due to LIM runway accident
Old Nov 26, 2022, 12:14 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
UA 120 - 25 Nov. '22 - EWR->BCN, 764. Diverted to St. John's, Newfoundland (YYT). (Mechanical inspection, per UA site.) Arrived, YYT 12:23 A.M. Flight cancelled.

UPDATE: Today, 26 Nov., UA flew another 764 EWR->YYT to pick up crew and pax on yesterday's 120. Rescue craft arrived YYT about 2:20 pm, local time. Unknown if pax/crew will be flown back to EWR or on to BCN..

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Nov 26, 2022 at 11:30 am Reason: Update situation.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA916 AKL-SFO having a rough patch. 27-Nov cancelled. Recovery flight UA3030 run next day. 29-Nov cancelled. No recovery scheduled currently.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
28Nov UA 949 (LHR-SFO) delayed 3hrs for mechanical reasons (had to fly a part in). Then crew was going to time out so the flight left LHR but diverted to EWR. Not sure what happened after that but I believe based on my research that they swapped the crew only (no one allowed off the plane) and then hit another mechanical issue before flying to SFO. Immigration and customs done at SFO. Rough day for that one.

-RM
Old Nov 29, 2022, 12:41 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Passenger reports
Originally Posted by fumje
UA916 AKL-SFO having a rough patch. 27-Nov cancelled. Recovery flight UA3030 run next day. 29-Nov cancelled. No recovery scheduled currently.
United Consolidated Compensation Thread
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
28Nov UA 949 (LHR-SFO) delayed 3hrs for mechanical reasons (had to fly a part in). Then crew was going to time out so the flight left LHR but diverted to EWR. Not sure what happened after that but I believe based on my research that they swapped the crew only (no one allowed off the plane) and then hit another mechanical issue before flying to SFO. Immigration and customs done at SFO. Rough day for that one.

-RM
United Consolidated Compensation Thread
Old Nov 29, 2022, 12:49 am

Programs: United 1K
Nov28 107 (MUC-IAD on the new-config 767-400ER)--pilot announced that the left-side lavs weren't flushing "on the ground, but we think they'll work in the air." Take off, fly 2 hours, turn around, fly back. Bags weren't let off the plane, though they did organize hotels and transport for everyone. There were connections available last night to get out (even accounting for plenty of time to get the bags off), but they were rendered useless by holding the bags on the plane. Why they didn't make everyone re-claim them, I don't understand.

Now back in the lounge, booked on the same aircraft. Hope they fixed the lavs!
Old Nov 30, 2022, 2:40 am

Location: MSP, WLG, or the forward most A seat in Y I can get
Programs: UA Plat (and all the derivatives on cars and hotels that implies)
917 SFO-AKL cancelled on the 27th, which caused the knock-on cancellation of 916 AKL-SFO on the 29th. Looks like the next couple of days flights got out of SFO.

As noted in the compensation thread, it was a bit of a cluster with the rebooking, as they did not put on a recovery flight the following day. Personally, I was very happy to be sent on the 28 November SFO-MEL and have a bonus ~ 6 hours in MEL to see family. But I overheard lots of people in the line for rebooking who were not getting out of SFO until the 29th. The airport staff were graceful, and at least in the couple of hours I was in line none of the hundreds of waiting passengers got visibly mad. When you’re waiting to be rebooked at about 3am Pacific time, and many passengers were likely to have originated in further east time zones it ain’t the best moment in life.

/
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Old Dec 2, 2022, 12:59 am

Flight 892 ICN-SFO cancelled on 12/2 due to crew rest. Was rebooked on a 3000-numbered recovery flight for 12/3. Then the recovery flight was delayed 20 hours to 10AM 12/4 due to "crew rest" again, and then ultimately the flight was cancelled entirely.

Managed to get on to Flight 892 departing at 6PM on 12/4 (since 892 on 12/3 was completely booked), but it sucks to be delayed 48 hours from my original itinerary. I originally was supposed to get home on Friday and have the whole weekend to recover from jetlag, now I arrive late on Sunday and need to work the next day.

Award ticket, J. What should I expect for the compensation request? Never done it before.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
UA59 (FRA-SFO) on Saturday December 3rd was canceled. I was on the same flight on the 4th, and on Saturday the seat map on my flight went from about 25% full to over 75% full. Wasn't sure why until the gate when I heard about the CX the day before.

There was a UA3049 FRA-SFO on the 4th which I'm guessing was the aircraft that was canceled the day before, which itself diverted to EWR before continuing to SFO for a 10 hour delay. Seat map isn't showing so I'm not sure if this one had passengers on it or not - there are 12 people showing as cleared upgrades to business, and 31 showing as booked in business, but 0 checked in...
Old Dec 6, 2022, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
UA59 (FRA-SFO) on Saturday December 3rd was canceled. I was on the same flight on the 4th, and on Saturday the seat map on my flight went from about 25% full to over 75% full. Wasn't sure why until the gate when I heard about the CX the day before.

There was a UA3049 FRA-SFO on the 4th which I'm guessing was the aircraft that was canceled the day before, which itself diverted to EWR before continuing to SFO for a 10 hour delay. Seat map isn't showing so I'm not sure if this one had passengers on it or not - there are 12 people showing as cleared upgrades to business, and 31 showing as booked in business, but 0 checked in...
UA3049 was the recovery segment for the cancelled UA59 which ran into the same mechanical problem that was supposedly fixed overnight causing a ~6 ~3 hour delayed departure from FRA (same tail was used for the recovery). Last I saw, EWR was a planned stop to recrew only due to the additional delay would have timed out the crew to go all the way to SFO. I believe the plan was for the flight to still clear customs in SFO and EWR was purely a crew swap, although I never followed up on it after it posted the EWR stop.

Last edited by Lux Flyer; Dec 6, 2022 at 8:48 pm
Old Dec 6, 2022, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
UA3049 was the recovery segment for the cancelled UA59 which ran into the same mechanical problem that was supposedly fixed overnight causing a ~6 hour delayed departure (same tail was used for the recovery). Last I saw, EWR was a planned stop to recrew only due to the additional delay would have timed out the crew to go all the way to SFO. I believe the plan was for the flight to still clear customs in SFO and EWR was purely a crew swap, although I never followed up on it after it posted the EWR stop.
Sounds like exactly what happened to LHR-SFO on 28Nov. Delayed many hours for a mechanical issue, departed to EWR for a crew swap and then had another 2.5 hour mechanical delay in EWR. Everyone had to stay on the plane as customs & immigration were done at SFO upon arrival.

Although in the FRA-SFO case it sounds like the plane was lightly/barely loaded. LHR-SFO was full.

-RM
Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
UA58 1:45 pm SFO-FRA today is having a time.

Kicked off with a 1 hour delay to start boarding due to plane cleaning (even though the plane arrived 18 hours earlier).

Then we finally pushed back an hour+ late and was taxiing when there was a passenger incident in Polaris where an infant would not stay in their seat and was screaming non-stop. The crew tried to accommodate but the situation got so bad that we returned to the gate and offloaded the pax. Very angry and aggressive behavior from the parents on the way out.

Then there was another 45 minute delay to get paperwork redone, taxied out again only to get stuck in the alleyway for 30 minutes due to an Air India jet that was blocking access waiting for a gate.

Got going again, close to 5pm now, and a slow taxi out. About 15 minutes into that, the captain comes on. Plane has a flat tire, back to the gate again, this time over at F gates. Second return to gate for this flight.

New departure time of 6:30pm quickly becomes 9:30pm as the crew has timed out and then moved to 10:20pm. No idea if we’ll actually get going at all. Fingers crossed.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 10:02 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Originally Posted by djmp
UA58 1:45 pm SFO-FRA today is having a time.

Kicked off with a 1 hour delay to start boarding due to plane cleaning (even though the plane arrived 18 hours earlier).

Then we finally pushed back an hour+ late and was taxiing when there was a passenger incident in Polaris where an infant would not stay in their seat and was screaming non-stop. The crew tried to accommodate but the situation got so bad that we returned to the gate and offloaded the pax. Very angry and aggressive behavior from the parents on the way out.

Then there was another 45 minute delay to get paperwork redone, taxied out again only to get stuck in the alleyway for 30 minutes due to an Air India jet that was blocking access waiting for a gate.

Got going again, close to 5pm now, and a slow taxi out. About 15 minutes into that, the captain comes on. Plane has a flat tire, back to the gate again, this time over at F gates. Second return to gate for this flight.

New departure time of 6:30pm quickly becomes 9:30pm as the crew has timed out and then moved to 10:20pm. No idea if we’ll actually get going at all. Fingers crossed.
So sorry for all pax in this one. Sounds exhausting
Old Dec 21, 2022, 12:23 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
So sorry for all pax in this one. Sounds exhausting
UA 58 still on the ground leaving 11:30pm now, almost 10 hours late. They’re pulling cargo bins to get passenger bags for those who bailed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.