Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Premier Earner Starter PQP posted (varies on elite level, how status achieved, )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United is providing MP elites with PQP bonuses for 2022 (for 2023 qualifying), with credits to MP account starting Feb. 10. It appears this is in process of rolling out universally, so if you don't see PQP yet wait a bit.

Credits appear to be as follows, though some posts in the thread may vary from these figures. Matthew had an exchange confirming the program and reverse engineering these figures as well, below.

If you "earned" the status for 2022 (whether or not needing the various bonuses or fly to the finish) you receive an "earned bonus". If you received your status through an extension of past status or through being a million miler companion, you get the "starter bonus", which isn't as high.

GS: 3000 PQP
1K: Earned: 3000; Starter: 2250
Plat: Earned: 2000; Starter: 1500
Gold: Earned: 1400; Starter: 1050
Silver: Earned: 700; Starter: 525

The posting of the Starter PQPs in your account may initially be puzzling

In the summary activity, only the RDMs are shown and for the Starter PQPs, there are no RDMs, just PQPs
Looking further down you will see

Clicking on "View Full Activity details, where you will see the PQPs

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
United got back to me -

United is showing love to its most loyal customers just in time for Valentine’s Day.

Tomorrow, United will notify MileagePlus Premier members of a surprise deposit of extra Premier Qualifying Points (PQP) to their accounts to help jump start earning towards their 2023 Premier status goals. Since United extended the lowered Premier qualification thresholds offered at all levels last year, the personalized deposit gifts members 15% -20% of what they need to requalify for status through 2023.

Premier members’ deposit amounts will vary depending on:
  • The Premier status level reached at the end of 2021
  • Whether Premier status was earned or extended
    • Members who earned status, by either meeting the annual requirements or completing the Fly to the Finish challenge, will receive higher PQP deposit amounts
[
Print Wikipost

2022 Premier Earner Starter PQP posted (varies on elite level, how status achieved, )

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Skytizen
On the not so bright side of things... behind these PQP deposits might be a subliminal message: "there will be no more bonuses in 2022 and you'd better earn your status this year" !
I see a different message, "We're so desperate for customers we're doing this super early. If we have to do it again we certainly will! Please fly us again soon."
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Skytizen
On the not so bright side of things... behind these PQP deposits might be a subliminal message: "there will be no more bonuses in 2022 and you'd better earn your status this year" !
United went all in pre-pandemic gearing their program only towards OPM flyers.

When (or rather if) work flying fully rebounds, especially international OPM, then the promos will stop.

There is only so much they can do to meet their elite targets without work flyers.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Organic 1K last year. This year's reward? That'd be nothing. Not one single freaking PQP in my account. United is really testing my patience...
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:51 am
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by timfountain
Organic 1K last year. This year's reward? That'd be nothing. Not one single freaking PQP in my account. United is really testing my patience...
You'll get it! Send UA a message. Friend did that...boom, account updated.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: UA LT GS | UA LT Club | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by timfountain
Just lob an email into the 1K address requesting your 3K PQP. They'll manually post it quickly.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems like maybe there is a trend that first-time qualifiers last year are having to wait much longer for the bonus?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by fumje
Seems like maybe there is a trend that first-time qualifiers last year are having to wait much longer for the bonus?
My wife and I both earned 1K for the first time last year and saw our 3,000 pqp deposits Friday. My MM companion got 2,250 at that same time.
Since this promo is now on the website and a press release is public, the advice to contact MP is the right thing to do.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: United 1K
Still Waiting

I am a 1K and I still have not received any bonus. Anyone know why?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by Mac49
I am a 1K and I still have not received any bonus. Anyone know why?
I do not know but I could make all sorts of guesses.
Contact MP and ask them.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Still nothing for me as someone who started 2021 as Premier Gold and achieved Premier 1K naturally last year.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Has anyone contacted UA about not receiving 2022 Starter Bonus gotten an explanation or not gotten the situation addressed? It has probably been long enough now to justify reaching out. One would think the automated posting process has played out.
MatthewLAX and 8MiHi like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 15, 2022 at 3:40 pm
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Has anyone contacted UA about not receiving 2022 Starter Bonus gotten an explanation or not gotten the situation addressed? It has probably been long enough now to justify reaching out. One would think the automated posting process has played out.
I asked via the chat and got this reply:

Yes, that is right. We are giving bonus pqp to our premier members. Some of our premier member still not received it due to system error but we already working on it and pqp will be added to all premier members by next week.
SPN Lifer, mmack, 8MiHi and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks for this info! Another organic 1K from last year here who hasn't received anything. Last year was my first time to hit 1K, Platinum for years before. I'll wait another week to give them a chance to address the situation it seems there's a good batch of us facing.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:25 am

I still haven't received any bonus PQP as first time 1K, Gold the year prior and no status for a few years before. I did email yesterday through Mileage Plus but haven't heard back. I may email 1Kvoice later today if I don't hear back.

I am a bit anxious as other than here at FT I haven't heard anything about the bonus and had I not become active again when I hit 1K it may have gone unnoticed.

EDIT: I heard back from MP: "We are in the process of depositing the Starter PQPs into accounts. They will be deposited into your account by February 28, 2022."

I guess I wait (sets reminder on calendar to follow up). Maybe those who haven't received it automatically are undergoing manual entry?
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by kdad; Feb 16, 2022 at 6:17 am
Old Feb 16, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium and LTT
My husband re-qualified for 1K and received his PQP last week. My son qualified for Plat and also received his; although he received the status extension amount rather than the outright qualified amount, which is incorrect. I qualified for 1K from Plat and have received nothing so far. Based on comments here going to give it a week or two to sort itself out. The PQP won't matter for me until the end of the year, anyway.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.