Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Any signs of 2022 Premier membership card/kits/drink coupons ..? (Not so far)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any signs of 2022 Premier membership card/kits/drink coupons ..? (Not so far)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I need new luggage tags....it has been a couple of years and they are losing them from my luggage when I fly...
United747 and 8MiHi like this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by chavala
They’re such a huge waste. Aside from handle wraps, (which should be given out on requests), What’s the point in the ridiculous box that goes straight to the trash?
The wireless chargers were pretty popular. As were the coasters (I still use mine). And I have used lots of the drink certs over the years when flying in Y. I can't remember if the certs still can be used for premium beverages at the UC, but at one point they worked for that, too. Personally, I would like to have recognition kits mailed out.
jtet, cranky1K, ARR72 and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jpezaris
The wireless chargers were pretty popular. As were the coasters (I still use mine). And I have used lots of the drink certs over the years when flying in Y. ...
That became moot for higher elites when the 1K/GS folks received 1 free drink / food item based on status. Those folks get more from that benefit than they did with drink chits

Originally Posted by jpezaris
I can't remember if the certs still can be used for premium beverages at the UC, but at one point they worked for that, too.
That was gone will before the merger, maybe 15 years+ back
chavala likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 5:49 pm

I requested a luggage handle wrap a few weeks ago through via email and received this response.

"I'm sorry but we have temporarily suspended Premier kit production for 2021 due to the impacts of the coronavirus. This includes kits for new Premier qualifiers, new Million Milers, all replacements, as well as luggage tag/adapter opt-ins made via Premier Status Tracker (mystatus.united.com).Please watch your emails and visit united.com for any further updates or changes."

Just noticed now actually that they said 2021 in their response instead of 2022....
Old Feb 24, 2022, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by UAFLYER22
I requested a luggage handle wrap a few weeks ago through via email and received this response.

"I'm sorry but we have temporarily suspended Premier kit production for 2021 due to the impacts of the coronavirus. This includes kits for new Premier qualifiers, new Million Milers, all replacements, as well as luggage tag/adapter opt-ins made via Premier Status Tracker (mystatus.united.com).Please watch your emails and visit united.com for any further updates or changes."

Just noticed now actually that they said 2021 in their response instead of 2022....
Awesome dated copy/paste.

David
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If there were going to be 2022 membership kits, they would have been available by now. Ergo, have no expectation of anything for 2022.
Are you sure they might not be waiting until the buyup (to the next level) offer ends to start sending something out?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
That became moot for higher elites when the 1K/GS folks received 1 free drink / food item based on status. Those folks get more from that benefit than they did with drink chits
Depends on flying patterns. Free drink for 1K does no good for traveling spouse, and limited value for morning flights. Also of no value on international (at least for beer/wine). And obviously benefit is of no value if you're up front.

For someone like me who made 1K with mostly long haul international, getting 10 coupons was nice for the fewer domestic segments I flew with spouse. And also for years where I ended at Plat not 1K.

Of course drink coupons could be distributed digitally in the United app pretty easily.
frutabell likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by drewguy

Of course drink coupons could be distributed digitally in the United app pretty easily.
1K's already get a free drink - I don't see UA giving out drink coupons for 1K's to give to spouses or friends or Ebay in the future - drink coupons are dead unless they stop the free drink benefit.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by am1108
If there were going to be 2022 membership kits, they would have been available by now. Ergo, have no expectation of anything for 2022.
Are you sure they might not be waiting until the buyup (to the next level) offer ends to start sending something out?
Buy ups have been going on for over a decade and never impacted prior mailing schedules. And the kit distribution normally took two months, and the few buyups could be easily handled at the end.

So, no I still doubt their will be a 2022 kit distribution as in prior pre-COVID years
am1108 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I got a Silver membership mailing back in 2016, and I was giddy (and naive) then. Never got another one since, and during that span I achieved Gold, Plat, Gold, Plat, 1K the hard way (no shortcuts, no match/challenges, no buy ups). This is part of the reason I have no affinity whatsoever towards United, and I have only purchased bottom basement fares from UA.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:02 pm

I believe 2016 was the last time Silver automatically got kits
and

2017 was the last time Gold automatically got kits (and not on request in 2019)

Some received kits

And 2021 (& appears 2022) no kits for anyone

And occasional a few members never received their kits
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
I suspect we will never get a physical kit again - they'll just claim "green" or similar.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CApreppie
I suspect we will never get a physical kit again - they'll just claim "green" or similar.
what’s wrong with that?
”Green” is good.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by CApreppie
Exactly, the color of money
tcdtcd and globetrotter415 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chavala
what’s wrong with that?
”Green” is good.
The only wrong thing is when companies try to spin "green" as something good when it really means cost cutting. It doesn't even have to be the same type of kits of yesteryear with 14 pages of benefits and a cardboard cover. I'd be happy with a 8.5 x 11 inch summary that has a luggage tag and/or card as an option. I understand even a card is useless to some people but to others like me I appreciate a physical trinket, if you will, of the loyalty from last year.

All in all I hope that even the option (opt-in) of a physical kit can resume once they stop extending status as I'm sure all the PQP levels will rise to at least the original levels they had established in 2020.
United747, DELee, 8MiHi and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.