Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Early access for upgrade waitlist (now limited to 4 days in advance)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2022, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Update -- 7 Feb 2022
Originally Posted by gokeeper
... UA just implemented user agent check as well as server side flight date check, the later one is what kill this loophole
=====================================
Originally Posted by leftysauce
Site is up and running! Currently upgrade lists are supported on UA, AA, DL and standby lists only on AA.

How to get access:
- Go to https://master.d26mh3p6egxqfe.amplifyapp.com/
- Create account

Note: You will NOT be able to "confirm" your email address yourself after account creation - you MUST PM me ONLY your username/email and I'll activate your account.

- Username should be the same as email
- Password requires lowercase/uppercase/number/symbol/8 characters
- Email can be fake, as long as it's in an email format (i.e. [email protected])
- Phone number can be fake and all 0s

Let me know of any site issues or feature requests!
I will only be able to accept a few at first (think beta testing) until I can figure out a way to recoup the cost of maintenance and not get shutdown

================================================== =
alternative approach -- a bit more basic
OK, this one will works for both UA and AA, with source code on the page:

https://jsfiddle.net/025h3y8p/

Select airline, put in your flight number, departure airport and date to the bottom right window and submit.

Print Wikipost

Early access for upgrade waitlist (now limited to 4 days in advance)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Off topic discussion continued;

This raises the question.....Can a 1K PP, applied at T-8 with PZ opening up, jump a GS waiting for CPU?
I believe it's possible, you can even cancel your waitlist PP, re-apply PP immediately and confirm into PZ.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
This raises the question.....Can a 1K PP, applied at T-8 with PZ opening up, jump a GS waiting for CPU?
Yes, in theory. But that would assume PN wasn't open. And I also believe the CPU process runs regularly within the 24 hour mark so the chances of this happening aren't that great. But, if you catch it and PZ>0 then you can apply your PPs and get the upgrade immediately.

I believe it's possible, you can even cancel your waitlist PP, re-apply PP immediately and confirm into PZ.
Yes, this is true. However, don't do it over the phone with an agent because they are trained now to spot this and try to block it. You can cancel the PP and re-apply them online or call to cancel the request and then re-apply them online after hanging up.

-RM
Old Jan 26, 2022, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador

And leftysause, thanks for your effort.
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Yes, in theory. But that would assume PN wasn't open. And I also believe the CPU process runs regularly within the 24 hour mark so the chances of this happening aren't that great. But, if you catch it and PZ>0 then you can apply your PPs and get the upgrade immediately.

Yes, this is true. However, don't do it over the phone with an agent because they are trained now to spot this and try to block it. You can cancel the PP and re-apply them online or call to cancel the request and then re-apply them online after hanging up.

-RM
I have done this many times.

Once when I was a lowly 1K, one hour before the flight, suddenly PN=PZ=IN=1 and I jumped the line and got myself confirmed.

There were like 50 people on the waitlist.

Oh well. Life is never fair.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
UPDATE:

AA upgrade and standby lists are available as well but only at T-2 days
Old Jan 26, 2022, 6:35 pm

Yes, I have done this in both cases when upgrades are under gate control and when they’re not.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP. HH DIAMOND.
Since someone already posted it elsewhere, I will just share it here, expect UA to bock this anonymous access soon.

You don't need to register any service to see the future upgrade list, if you are familiar with computer stuff a simple curl will do it, you can pair it with jq for your viewing preference.

Or simply replace the departure airport, flight number and date in the following url and look for the upgrade list towards the bottom. Now easy to read but will do the job.

https://smartphone.united.com/United...pplicationId=1

I created a small tool to construct the upgrade list url, put in your flight number, departure airport and date to the bottom right window of this link and submit.
https://jsfiddle.net/uvgdf5nq/

Is there a similar base link or jsfiddle for AA?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nismo240ssx
Is there a similar base link or jsfiddle for AA?

Select airline, put in your flight number, departure airport and date to the bottom right window and submit.
It's a different link from earlier post, may be someone can add it to the wiki so everyone can keep up to date?
nismo240ssx likes this.

Last edited by gokeeper; Jan 29, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Old Jan 29, 2022, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

It's a different link from earlier post, may be someone can add it to the wiki so everyone can keep up to date?
I'm genuinely surprised that people actually prefer to do this manually and look at raw json/xml over a gui
Xyzzy and LAXOGG like this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 1:49 am
Original Poster

UPDATE:

DL upgrade list is now available but it only shows checked in passengers so technically only "available" at T-24.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt, Marriott
That is incredible.
benewr likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Sorry for being the slow one here but was exactly is this supposed to do? Does it help us determine when an upgrade may open up for Plus points for example?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: Continental

And leftysause, thanks for your effort.
Yes, I have done it
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
Sorry for being the slow one here but was exactly is this supposed to do? Does it help us determine when an upgrade may open up for Plus points for example?
It shows where you are on the upgrade list more than 2 days in advance. This can be very useful information if deciding between using +P or trying for CPU, for example, or for figuring out what to tell your relative whose upgrade you just sponsored.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by fumje
It shows where you are on the upgrade list more than 2 days in advance. This can be very useful information if deciding between using +P or trying for CPU, for example, or for figuring out what to tell your relative whose upgrade you just sponsored.
LOL, awesome.. thanks!
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP. HH DIAMOND.
OK, this one will works for both UA and AA, with source code on the page: https://jsfiddle.net/025h3y8p/ Select airline, put in your flight number, departure airport and date to the bottom right window and submit.It's a different link from earlier post, may be someone can add it to the wiki so everyone can keep up to date?
awesome thank you ​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by leftysauce
I'm genuinely surprised that people actually prefer to do this manually and look at raw json/xml over a gui
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​infrequent user didn't want to bother you for a login. Thank you for sharing the find.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.