Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

favorite restaurants/food places in UA hubs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

favorite restaurants/food places in UA hubs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2022, 8:02 pm

Wicker Park Sushi at ORD.
9elf S and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:12 pm

Wolfgang Puck at LAX because the bartenders are great!! Shoutout to Jose, Suzy, Jesus & Gerson! The oatmeal breakfast, hummus, and Caesar Salad are all good. Oh and the pizza!
Old Jan 25, 2022, 12:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
Pappadeaux for a sit down full service meal at IAH. Keeping it in the Pappa's empire, I love Pappasito's for a quick bite when I'm in a hurry. I believe it's the only counter service Pappasito's in existence. Both are in terminal E. I'm convinced the Pappa's family has the best quality of any chain restaurant in the country. You may pay a bit extra than their competitors, but the quality will always be there.

I rarely fly out of terminal A, but do enjoy Hubcap Grill and The Breakfast Klub when I'm there.
st530 and AugustW like this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:54 am

Programs: UA GS
Dunkin' Donuts at EWR. Before the pandemic, I could always count on them to be open when I needed something to eat no matter what time my flight was. They saved me a few times when my flight would come in after midnight with a 5 or 6 am connecting flight.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: UA Silver
New Belgium brewing at DEN concourse B.
chavala and BmanCCP like this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
If we start mentioning our favorite restaurants at airports all over the country, this thread will soon spin out of control.

Let's stick to UA hubs, please.
Just my opinion, but I find it helpful to hear of FT recos at non-hubs as long as they’re accessible/convenient to UA flyers. Fortunately or unfortunately I can’t imagine there are that many that will be recommended!
Old Jan 25, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, DL Silver Medallion, Hilton Gold
Best used to be Classified at EWR, UA really needs to re-open it ASAP. In ORD Tortas, Wicker Park Sushi and Stefani's Tuscany are all solid. In SFO, DEN, IAH, LAX the Centurion Lounges are the best option.
mander, tcdtcd and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Elola
In SFO, DEN, IAH, LAX the Centurion Lounges are the best option.
LAX has been closed for awhile with no indications of reopening anytime soon - and not terribly convenient to UA's terminal.

I've tried and failed to get into the SFO lounge so many times that I've essentially given up until they finish the expansion project.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
While it used to be a "mini hub" so I will throw in Bar Symon AND Greatlakes Brewing Company in CLE concourse C. Nothing fancy at either place just classic massive Cleveland burgers/sandwiches with all the fixings. Come hungry and leave full! Greatlakes brewery did sell a half racks (12 pack) right at CLE that were over head compartment friendly. Not sure if that is still available but they were pre-pandemic.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
At SFO I like the Giants restaurant near end of the F gates, it is free with a Chase PP membership. In the international terminal (G gates) they used to have a sushi joint and Andale burritos but IDK if they still exist post-COVID.

The restaurants at LAX and ORD are mediocre, and IAD is not much better, really can't recommend anything at any of them. Though I will have to look for Wicker Park Sushi and Tortas next time I visit ORD (which concourse??)

Originally Posted by BThumme
Pappadeux at IAH.
+1 I always hit this place if I have a long connection or I get to airport early. Even though I can get free F&B in the UC or Polaris.

Pappadeux may be the best one in the UA system.

Last edited by Boraxo; Jan 26, 2022 at 3:23 pm
Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
+1 I always hit this place if I have a long connection or I get to airport early. Even though I can get free F&B in the UC or Polaris.

Pappadeux may be the best one in the UA system.
Slightly off topic, but I'll relate this to UA since pappadeux is getting a lot of love in this thread. Pappadeux is a restaurant chain, primarily in the south. But If anyone cares, there is one near Chicago - it's in the West Suburbs in Westmont. It's not the easiest trek from downtown, but if anyone is in the Chicago-area for business, there is one not too far away. The only other one I think north of the mason-dixon line is in Cincinnati. My wife and I definitely make a couple of trips to it throughout the year when we are flying in/out of ORD, we think that highly of it.
monksy likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
Wicker Park Sushi at ORD.
I agree. I’ll often add an extra hour to my connection to make sure I have time for a sushi dinner.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 172pilot
I agree. I’ll often add an extra hour to my connection to make sure I have time for a sushi dinner.
Maybe just me, but the thought of airport sushi gives me the willies
DJ_Iceman and nomad420 like this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, I miss GS
I enjoy the Snarfs at DEN, granted its in terminal A by the United Express gates. Great sandwiches, never had them before, the one positive of flying the CRJ2's through DEN.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chavala
Maybe just me, but the thought of airport sushi gives me the willies
Right on cue… (and pretty impressive production put into an SNL skit)…and with a UA reference IIRC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.