FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2022] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2063832-consolidated-global-services-thread-benefits-questions-experiences-2022-a.html)

wxguy Dec 31, 2021 11:05 pm

Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2022]

Hello GSers and all with interest... and happy new year! Here's the 2022 thread continued from the 2021 thread.

wanderingkev Jan 2, 2022 3:00 pm

I flew back from LHR yesterday pm with my wife and son , although the airport was not super busy the checkin was a little chaotic, due to a missing sign the GS checkin was not visible so I just jumped in the regular Polaris line , after a few minutes in there we were fished out by a GS gent who checked us in and on the way scolded the passport checker for not paying enough attention. We checked into the lounge, both agents were talking on the phone so we scanned in , personally I think this is rude whatever your status.The flight crew were excellent engaging and made a big deal of my multi mm and G S status.At the end of the flight the purser gave me her card with an appreciation note on the back. She also apologized for the food quality which was truly awful and would rank amongst the worst I have ever had in any class on my travels,I have been traveling heavily in the past weeks international and domestic ,with odd exception there are are a lot more thank you for your business comments being handed out than I can recall in the past

manstein58 Jan 2, 2022 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by wanderingkev (Post 33864692)
I flew back from LHR yesterday pm with my wife and son , although the airport was not super busy the checkin was a little chaotic, due to a missing sign the GS checkin was not visible so I just jumped in the regular Polaris line , after a few minutes in there we were fished out by a GS gent who checked us in and on the way scolded the passport checker for not paying enough attention. We checked into the lounge, both agents were talking on the phone so we scanned in , personally I think this is rude whatever your status.The flight crew were excellent engaging and made a big deal of my multi mm and G S status.At the end of the flight the purser gave me her card with an appreciation note on the back. She also apologized for the food quality which was truly awful and would rank amongst the worst I have ever had in any class on my travels,I have been traveling heavily in the past weeks international and domestic ,with odd exception there are are a lot more thank you for your business comments being handed out than I can recall in the past

The chow is beyond dreadful on Polaris flights. Last month, i overheard the following exchange: Purser: “Pasta or chicken?” PAX: “What is on the pasta?” Response: “Sauce”

Too bad Door Dash does not deliver T/A

LAXOGG Jan 2, 2022 5:41 pm

By any chance, did you have a problem with a plane change and non adjoining seats? 🙂

IAH-OIL-TRASH Jan 2, 2022 5:59 pm

...I just jumped in the regular Polaris line ...

I jumped from Polaris line to Premier line at LHR a couple of days ago because it made sense to do so. Finished checking my bag before about 5-6 people in the Polaris/1K line that were ahead of me - but they had the privilege of standing in the Polaris line and they were going to see it through :) The Premier line is one desk over from the left-most Polaris/1K desk, so easy to compare lines.

benewr Jan 3, 2022 11:09 am

Is an award ticket eligible for CPU if not booked with chase CC ?

iluv2fly Jan 3, 2022 11:12 am

Originally Posted by benewr (Post 33867103)
Is an award ticket eligible for CPU if not booked with chase CC ?

For GS, yes.

benewr Jan 3, 2022 11:14 am

Originally Posted by iluv2fly (Post 33867112)
For GS, yes.

ok, thanks.
weird, it’s not showing CPU requested.

kb1992 Jan 3, 2022 3:42 pm

Is this still true?

On upgrade list, a non-status pax supported by GS PP is ranked ahead of 1K supported by 1K PP?

PanAmWT Jan 3, 2022 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by benewr (Post 33867116)
ok, thanks.
weird, it’s not showing CPU requested.

This is not so rare. You can always call to ascertain. For the few times that I called, CPU was indeed already requested but non shown on united.com.

benewr Jan 3, 2022 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by PanAmWT (Post 33868074)
This is not so rare. You can always call to ascertain. For the few times that I called, CPU was indeed already requested but non shown on united.com.

I didn’t call but the upgrade did clear a T-120 !

pigzilla Jan 4, 2022 12:22 am

Originally Posted by kb1992 (Post 33868067)
Is this still true?

On upgrade list, a non-status pax supported by GS PP is ranked ahead of 1K supported by 1K PP?

I can confirm this is true. I applied my PPs for my kids (both silver) who were on the same flight and they were immediately pulled up to #1 and #2 in the waitlist for a EWR-SFO transcon we took in November. Granted they are both silver but I would imagine the same would have happened if they were general members.

tcdtcd Jan 4, 2022 1:16 am

Originally Posted by kb1992 (Post 33868067)
Is this still true?

Yep.

akhibhag Jan 5, 2022 10:22 am

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e5113ba651.jpg
This is my boarding pass from an international flight a few weeks ago. While pre boarding wasn't an issue, I was just surprised to see boarding group 2 printed on the boarding pass.
I also had a bizzare experience while checking in. At the Airport they did have a dedicated counter for GS check in, but the ground agent simply refused to let me go use the counter, even after me saying multiple times that I was a GS ( his rationale because others ( premier members) are in line ( for premium check in, not GS). Anyhow, I went checked in and then ask the person behind the counter why I was allowed to use the GS counter and she was surprised to hear that. I asked for the station manager, who came within few minutes, profusely apologized for this ground agents behavior. He worked as a contractor, so the station manager summoned the contract companies supervisor to come talk with me. By then I was running late so just asked the station manager to reinforce the training for the ground agents.

benewr Jan 5, 2022 11:43 am

Originally Posted by akhibhag (Post 33873690)
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e5113ba651.jpg
This is my boarding pass from an international flight a few weeks ago. While pre boarding wasn't an issue, I was just surprised to see boarding group 2 printed on the boarding pass.
I also had a bizzare experience while checking in. At the Airport they did have a dedicated counter for GS check in, but the ground agent simply refused to let me go use the counter, even after me saying multiple times that I was a GS ( his rationale because others ( premier members) are in line ( for premium check in, not GS). Anyhow, I went checked in and then ask the person behind the counter why I was allowed to use the GS counter and she was surprised to hear that. I asked for the station manager, who came within few minutes, profusely apologized for this ground agents behavior. He worked as a contractor, so the station manager summoned the contract companies supervisor to come talk with me. By then I was running late so just asked the station manager to reinforce the training for the ground agents.

where ! Where ! Where !