FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2063826-2022-lets-eat-polaris-business.html)

MatthewLAX Jan 28, 2022 1:07 am

I received the lunch/dinner Polaris menu ex-Europe/UK for February 2022:

Salad
  • Field Greens w/ fennel and orange
Main Course
  • Grilled beef tenderloin
    • Bearnaise sauce, roasted root vegetables and oven roasted fingerling potatoes
  • Mediterranean chicken breast (PP choice 1)
    • Couscous with almonds, raisins and apricots and butternut squash tajine
  • Buffalo mozzarella panciotti (PP choice 2)
    • with marinara sauce and roasted tomatoes
Pre-arrival
  • Pizza Margherita w/basil
  • Herb & Citrus Cous Cous

flyingrohit Jan 28, 2022 1:14 am

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX (Post 33942416)

Salad
Main Course
Pre-arrival

WIll be interesting to see what further enhancements they have for ex-FRA flights. Since you did say they are trialing actual apps as well besides the usual salad like pre-covid, it'll be interesting to see what else they will have on those flights that isn't listed here. Not sure if anyone here is traveling but a colleague of mine is (likely) flying IAD-FRA on the 8th of Feb so if we don't have anything by then I will forcefully demand kindly ask him to take some pictures.

eng3 Jan 28, 2022 3:24 pm

Salad
Main Course
Pre-arrival

What does "PP choice" mean?
No more Hamburger wellington??? :eek: It just won't feel like I'm flying UA anymore :p

Any news on the meals out of the US?

It is still pretty sad everytime my friend sends me a photo from an AA Domestic Flagship flight meals looking so much better than what we're getting now on INTL. Still waiting for the day the desert cart comes back

LondonElite Jan 28, 2022 3:26 pm

Looks like someone made a mega-order of cous cous!

Unitedloyalflyer Jan 28, 2022 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by eng3 (Post 33944403)
What does "PP choice" mean?
No more Hamburger wellington??? :eek: It just won't feel like I'm flying UA anymore :p

Likely premium plus

UA is providing the Polaris food to PP these days

eng3 Jan 28, 2022 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer (Post 33944409)
Likely premium plus

UA is providing the Polaris food to PP these days

And holding beef back from PP? interesting.

Unitedloyalflyer Jan 28, 2022 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by eng3 (Post 33944413)
And holding beef back from PP? interesting.

Have to differentiate the product somewhat

eng3 Jan 28, 2022 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 33944407)
Looks like someone made a mega-order of cous cous!

Having eaten beef on the outbound, I usually choose the chicken on the return which always comes with cous cous. So I don't want the same thing for my second meal and am left with the hamburger wellington.
The cous cous isnt too bad though it was cold once

LondonElite Jan 28, 2022 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by eng3 (Post 33944442)
Having eaten beef on the outbound, I usually choose the chicken on the return which always comes with cous cous. So I don't want the same thing for my second meal and am left with the hamburger wellington.
The cous cous isnt too bad though it was cold once

I've had great cous cous in countries that can do it well. On UA I just feel like someone has dumped the packaging material from their Amazon delivery onto my plate.

stimpy Jan 28, 2022 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 33944448)
I've had great cous cous in countries that can do it well. On UA I just feel like someone has dumped the packaging material from their Amazon delivery onto my plate.

I've never tried couscous on UA but I imagined it would be that way. So I chose the burger. I must have been quite hungry to finish it. If someone served that to me in a restaurant I'd walk out. A $3 burger in a greasy spoon is better.

greenpau Jan 28, 2022 6:33 pm

Salad
Main Course
Pre-arrival

Same offering as January. All are actually good, at least ex-LHR and MUC.

cesco.g Jan 29, 2022 8:10 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 33944448)

I ordered that dish on my last TATL Westbound. While I skipped the couscous I enjoyed the grilled veggies.

Beltway2A Jan 29, 2022 8:22 am

These photos are about a week old, but this was MUC-IAD on 1/23/22. The purser and crew on my side of the aisle were pretty fantastic, and surprisingly the steak was perfectly in the rare-medium rare zone. The mango in the salad was a nice touch. The potatoes were a little underdone, but I much prefer that to an overcooked steak.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...23a7d046c3.jpg

Main Course

The snack course was the famous hamburger wellington. With enough sauce, it was fine - the fruit plate may have been the highlight. My wife thought the veg and sauce on the cous cous was fine as well but liked the ex-MUC fruit as well.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...de9057fe54.jpg

It was a day flight and I was driving home so I only had a bourbon + coke and a glass of what was described as a "white Bordeaux." Both were fine. For some reason my side of the aisle got the Buffalo Trace while the other side got Jack.

seanp7 Jan 29, 2022 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Beltway2A (Post 33945824)

That looks pretty good actually (and excellent drink choice!). Nuts are looking better... all they really need to do now is have a soup or meze starter, separate, and a separate sundae / cheese course to finish. One Kan dream, right Kirby? :D

FLYMSY Jan 29, 2022 10:28 am

Originally Posted by cesco.g (Post 33945799)
I ordered that dish on my last TATL Westbound. While I skipped the couscous I enjoyed the grilled veggies.

Same for me, although I can’t really say that I enjoyed the veggies, Just that I found them edible, but the cous cous wasn’t, for me. I probably won’t order that again.