Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2022, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Interesting. I have travelled quite a bit since COVID started, and never had a warmed roll. At best, it's been slightly colder then room temp.
At worst, almost frozen.

I am not West Coast, so this has been flights out of at least EWR/ORD/LHR/FRA. Probably others, but can't recall specifically.
+1 from me for getting hot rolls out of LAX.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 11:54 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
+1 from me for getting hot rolls out of LAX.
Same. Hot roll (in wrapper) for me also, LAX-SYD (and SYD-SFO on the return, too).
Old Feb 9, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by halls120
The oatmeal is excellent when it is hot. It's less appealing when served cold, which has happened to me on more than one occasion.
On UA, I've learned to always ask what is served hot and what is served cold as I've learned the hard way that UA considers believes many foods which are normally served hot can be served cold.
tcdtcd, truncated and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: united
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Short rib is OK most of the time. Occasionally it is very fatty and bad. Luck of the draw.

Did you really have a hot pretzel roll? Was it served in the plastic still?
This has been a real miss since COVID...was always cold, crumbly, and really inedible.
I got hot pretzel rolls in both premium transcon and transatlantic yesterday
kirkwoodj and narvik like this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Menu on App/Web

On UA 46 tonight and crew is proudly informing us that menu is available on the app (which in turn just links to a web page). Here’s tonight’s menu:

Old Feb 10, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
This is progress. It is much better to put the info on the screen.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
This is great! Is this onky visible to those inflight or can we from the ground also access this menu page?
SPN Lifer and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
This is great! Is this onky visible to those inflight or can we from the ground also access this menu page?
Alternatively, if you don't pay for the wifi, presumably it's only available on the ground if it's just on a web page.

I notice that the menu states "Before your meal Mixed Nuts served with a beverage of your choice". Does this mean that the drinks service has restarted? If so, that would be huge.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Alternatively, if you don't pay for the wifi, presumably it's only available on the ground if it's just on a web page.

I notice that the menu states "Before your meal Mixed Nuts served with a beverage of your choice". Does this mean that the drinks service has restarted? If so, that would be huge.
That’s what happening on the flight as I type this (full report later) but for now I believe this is just the beta rollout on select FRA (and maybe LHR?) routes.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

Originally Posted by st530
That’s what happening on the flight as I type this (full report later) but for now I believe this is just the beta rollout on select FRA (and maybe LHR?) routes.
Not quite Polaris, but t.p.s. EWR-LAX, I was asked about my drinks prior to departure and received warmed mix nuts ('tho mostly almonds with a few cashews) and my pre-dinner drink last night.

David
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:49 pm

Programs: united

i assume you don't need to pay for wi-fi to access this, just like some other parts of the .bomb site.
SPN Lifer and A Little Cow like this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Probably on the special Intranet unitedwifi.com page.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 4:10 am

UA 46 IAH-FRA 10 Feb 700 pm 772 seat 9A

This was the beta “expanded” meal service. Menu available on app/.bomb as discussed above. Separate drink/nuts (semi-warm) served pre-main. For the main I chose the salmon which was nicely presented in a bowl instead of the unappealing (to me) casserole dish. And yes there was a breadbasket! Only pretzel and white rolls but they were warm and the FA made multiple passes. For the dessert, we were shown a tray with all three options. I asked if it was possible to get more than one and FA seemed unsure so she gave me just the “sundae” to start, then returned a few mins later with the egg custard tart. I had the latter while waiting for the “sundae” to cease being rock hard, which, alas, never happened, even after 30 minutes. It was almost like what one would picture as NASA ice cream. Eventually I managed to scrape off the chocolate topping and had a few spoonfuls of that before calling it a night.

For breakfast, got the oats and, as others have observed, they’re great with lots of berries and nuts atop.

All that said, if this turns out to be the new normal, it’s a big drop-off from pre-pandemic (which itself was a big drop-off from the initial Polaris rollout).

big V, rajsbasi, narvik and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by eng3
I wonder if they'll let you choose both ice cream and apple pie or all three? I remember on the dessert cart, I'd ask for everything to make up for the crappy appetizer and entree.
On my FRA-EWR flight on 2 FEB, I was offered all three items separately and I took the offer every time.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 5:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Kudos to UA for returning to the provision of a premium soft product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.