Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by autobahnal
UA819, IAH-EZE, August
Almost (emphasis on almost) like 2019 Polaris service.
Really warm, friendly service from IAH-based crew.

Nice to see, I’ll be flying that route soon!
autobahnal likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:49 am

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I'll take a pic of the menu when I get home so you can see all the options...no sashimi or cauliflower anywhere in sight
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Fish looks good ex-IAH...
It was! Also good amount of sauce, and sides were well-cooked (right temp, no hard rice, no mushy veggies, etc.)
Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
I can't believe that the cauliflower is back. There wasn't a single green thing on that tray except for the label on the butter. The fish doesn't look terrible though.
IndyHoosier likes this.

Last edited by Sykes; Aug 18, 2022 at 11:33 am
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by autobahnal
UA819, IAH-EZE, August
Almost (emphasis on almost) like 2019 Polaris service.
Really warm, friendly service from IAH-based crew.

What you really have there is a narrow-body domestic F meal, likely found on a IAH-SEA flight, for example. Definitely not Polaris or anything that ever resembled it.
zeer0 and benewr like this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Here's the full menu (you'll definitely notice some discrepancies with the pics...egg white bites became quiche for the breakfast eggs option, and the sauce on the salmon was different):

Flying Machine likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold; 1MM; Marriot Lifetime Platinum
Worst meal ever experienced on UA

The meal on United’s flight from Frankfurt to Chicago was an absolute embarrassment and I’m not picky. The salad was some concoction of Cauliflower and grapes and stuck together masses of raisins. The chicken came with spinach which was still gritty It was truly disgusting. The ice cream dessert almost broke my tooth when I bit into it as there was a chunk of ceramic inside the ice cream! I took the remainder up to the FA. I‘ve never experienced anything so bad on an airline before and especially not in Business class. I would have been better off eating an MRE.

Old Aug 18, 2022, 4:25 pm

IAH-NRT in June.
FA came around and asked me for my order. I asked what are the choices and he handed me his instructions sheet .

Unrelated, the same FA initially said I was in the wrong seat. He was only reading the latter half of the name e.g. if my name was William, he said "are you Liam?". After clearing it up, he proceeded to call me the wrong name the rest of the flight .

Had the short rib. Forgot to take a picture because it was mediocre. The meal on the next flight on TG Royal Silk was 10x better.

Flying Machine likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lianluo
I was on the FRA to ORD flight and had the same print copy menu and the worst meal I’ve ever experienced.
It just keeps getting worse. I thought the pre-arrival burger might be decent. Nope. The bun was so overtoasted that it crumbled like a cracker and the muffin from 7-11 did not fit with the meal. The fruit was surprisingly tasty.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 8:21 am

This is likely a rookie question, but is there dinner service on later departures? I've got an 8:20pm DEN-LHR and wasn't sure if that was too late to serve dinner on board.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by underscore
This is likely a rookie question, but is there dinner service on later departures? I've got an 8:20pm DEN-LHR and wasn't sure if that was too late to serve dinner on board.
Yes, same dinner after takeoff. Even more important in DEN without a Polaris Lounge!
Return2flight likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 5:56 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
UA950 8/11 IAD-BRU

FA asked me if I wanted beef fish or chicken eventhough fish wasnt on the menu.

Steak? tasted alot like shortrib

They forgot to take out the ice cream so it was a rock

I like this french toast more than the old one, the nonfat chobani wall paste was terrible of course, didn't touch the croissant shaped bread

UA928 8/18 LHR-ORD

Cauliflower has to go. Tastes like something a 5yr old put together.

Strange looking "chocolate cake" at least the ice cream was soft

This is a bacon burger?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by eng3
UA950 8/11 IAD-BRU

UA928 8/18 LHR-ORD

Cauliflower has to go. Tastes like something a 5yr old put together.

Strange looking "chocolate cake" at least the ice cream was soft

Just got off UA 17 (the 12PM LHR-EWR flight) and was served the exact same menu. Going over 10 days ago on the daytime flight, as I previously posted, I was generally satisfied with the food offered, but wow, the food on this return flight was terrible. The short ribs are fine, but the broccolini and that salad are both inedible. The puree was the only thing tasty on that plate. Also, although the burger was listed on the menu, they weren't loaded and so only a mini pizza was offered. Also the crew on this flight, while pleasant enough, were very inexperienced and waited too long to serve the second meal.
i did snap a picture of the red wine being served.

Old Aug 22, 2022, 7:38 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by mrbiggs223

I love how they specifically call out the PP instructions:

"individually wrapped bread (NOT HEATED)"

Heaven forbid someone should do something extra.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 22, 2022 at 10:04 am Reason: pulled post out of quote
Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
CDG-IAD on 21 August

Standard TATL menu, overall decent experience and FAs were friendly and attentive. The portions weresmall, especially the second meal, and the only snacks available were fried products. Champagne was Gosset. I chose the beef short rib and vegetable couscous. The mains were quite good (apart from overcooked broccoli) but the sides of both meals were mediocre at best.

narvik likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.