Airlines and Mileage Programs

United Airlines | MileagePlus

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Old Aug 15, 22, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by angetenar View Post
Now for the cod:

Bread was cold, "salad" was not good, cod was dry, tough, and not good. Gianduja chocolate cake:

It was fine. For the pre-arrival meal, I ordered the couscous:

The couscous was better than the cod at any rate.
Actually, at least visually, that ain't half bad, looks pretty nice, and a HUGE improvement from months past, IMO.
They got the looks, now they just need to match the taste!
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Aug 15, 22, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by narvik View Post
Actually, at least visually, that ain't half bad, looks pretty nice, and a HUGE improvement from months past, IMO.
They got the looks, now they just need to match the taste!
Agreed, though the cauliflower salad needs to go.
Old Aug 15, 22, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Spare yourself the misery; I ordered it today. MUC-SFO on August 15th. Boarding was exceptionally chaotic. Menu:

PDB of water, juice, or sparkling wine. I ordered the cod "sashimi", the purser came around taking orders and told everyone that it was in fact cooked cod. Champagne was Castelnau Reserve. Now for the cod:

Bread was cold, "salad" was not good, cod was dry, tough, and not good. Gianduja chocolate cake:

It was fine. For the pre-arrival meal, I ordered the couscous:

On the bright side they served a nice champagne! Was it free flowing during your flight?
Old Aug 15, 22, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Flying Machine View Post
On the bright side they served a nice champagne! Was it free flowing during your flight?
Yes, I had to cut the purser off
Old Aug 15, 22, 7:10 pm

Spare yourself the misery; I ordered it today. MUC-SFO on August 15th. Boarding was exceptionally chaotic. Menu:

PDB of water, juice, or sparkling wine. I ordered the cod "sashimi", the purser came around taking orders and told everyone that it was in fact cooked cod. Champagne was Castelnau Reserve.

For the pre-arrival meal, I ordered the couscous:
I am not familiar with that champagne - did you enjoy it, and how does it compare to Gosset?

That couscous looks good!
Old Aug 15, 22, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by sfvoyage View Post
I am not familiar with that champagne - did you enjoy it, and how does it compare to Gosset?

That couscous looks good!
The couscous was indeed quite good.

I will also confess that I lack a very refined palette when it comes to wine. All I'll say is that it was good. Flying Machine seems familiar with it though, if he wants to provide any input.
Old Aug 15, 22, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
The couscous was indeed quite good.

I will also confess that I lack a very refined palette when it comes to wine. All I'll say is that it was good. Flying Machine seems familiar with it though, if he wants to provide any input.
Champagne Castelnau Rserve NV France

12.5% alcohol
40% Chardonnay, 20% Pinot Noir, 20% Pinot Meunier, one-fifth reserve wines. 8 g/litre dosage. This is unusual for a wine at this price in that it has been aged for six years on its lees. Its fine and toasty with nice freshness. Citrussy and taut with some bready notes, and faint hints of cheese and fine herbs, as well as a hint of apricot and some almond nuttiness. Lovely intensity here: its rich but not too rich. 91/100

Hat tip: Jamie Goode
cesco.g, restlessinRNO and DUHCAR like this.
Old Aug 16, 22, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Sixt Gold, AMC Space-A premier
I forgot to post this after my first Polaris flight last month. How cruel to tease us with a picture like this... expectation vs. reality 😊
Attached Images  
goodeats21, narvik and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Aug 16, 22, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM/Lifetime UC, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
I had the same menu as above MUC-IAH on Sunday. Had the chicken, was a plain chicken breast, relatively moist, surrounded by solid and well-prepared sides as on the menu. SO had the veal, which was a bit overcooked and somewhat tough. I had the ice cream sundae for dessert:

My ice cream sundae

This is what was loadedembarrassed FA

The chicken dish. Tray, weird salad, and utensils served separately
Old Aug 17, 22, 8:31 am

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj View Post
I had the same menu as above MUC-IAH on Sunday. Had the chicken, was a plain chicken breast, relatively moist, surrounded by solid and well-prepared sides as on the menu. SO had the veal, which was a bit overcooked and somewhat tough. I had the ice cream sundae for dessert:

My ice cream sundae

This is what was loadedembarrassed FA
Belgian chocolate... made in Britain...
Old Aug 17, 22, 9:06 am

Programs: UA 1K
Two RT this month, EWR to both LHR and FCO. Every single meal was legitimately worse than low end cafeteria food. FA on my FCO-EWR flight, when asked for her rec, said "eat in the terminal" and smiled. Most are genuinely embarrassed by the quality these days.

Since I'm locked into my status for '23 and have two more revenue TATL flights necessary for '22, I'm almost 100% going to choose another carrier since flying UA Polaris these days adds the stress of needing to figure out meals in advance so that I don't arrive sick and/or hungry.
Old Aug 17, 22, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
IAD-FCO Polaris dinner and breakfast

I flew IAD-FCO yesterday. The FAs were very attentive. But the meal was not tasted good. I am glad that I ate at IAD PL.

Based upon the recommendation from this board, I chose the steak. I tasted a lot of pepper. I did not finished this meal.

It was okay.

I got a lot of more blueberries than anyone else on this board😄
Old Aug 17, 22, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Kmxu View Post
I flew IAD-FCO yesterday. The FAs were very attentive. But the meal was not tasted good. I am glad that I ate at IAD PL.

Based upon the recommendation from this board, I chose the steak. I tasted a lot of pepper. I did not finished this meal.

It was okay.

Now you have room to enjoy a nice Italian meal on the ground! Enjoy your travels!
Kmxu likes this.

Last edited by Flying Machine; Aug 17, 22 at 6:44 pm
Old Aug 17, 22, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Still, this looks like a much better meal than the short ribs we've seen for years.
Old Aug 17, 22, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Kmxu View Post

It was okay.

I notice the fruit bowl with the cut up melon. Probably cut up one cube into all those small pieces to make it look more substantial. This appears to be a new tactic and is pathetic.

Search this Thread