2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Old Aug 8, 22, 11:22 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
And here is the pre-arrival flight ďmeal.Ē Itís basically a hot pocketóa wrap filled with tomato sauce and cheese, with fruit and a packaged cookie on the side.

i donít know how you United folks do this but Iím going to do everything I can to avoid flying them again. Iím truly disgusted that I paid thousands and was served school cafeteria style food.

Old Aug 8, 22, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
CDG-SFO in J, August 8.

After using the dreadful Maple Leaf Lounge at Terminal 2, with its mystery meat and mini pastries, we were served a half of a breakfast burrito with some fruit and bread. Dessert was also offered.

despite leaving at 9am French time, no mid flight fresh food was served on this 11 hour flight, so I guess lunch is a meal we were unworthy of.

img
And here is the pre-arrival flight “meal.” It’s basically a hot pocket—a wrap filled with tomato sauce and cheese, with fruit and a packaged cookie on the side.

i don’t know how you United folks do this but I’m going to do everything I can to avoid flying them again. I’m truly disgusted that I paid thousands and was served school cafeteria style food.

img
And with that, it's a wrap!

SPN Lifer, st530, mmack and 9 others like this.
Old Aug 8, 22, 1:13 pm

Programs: United MP, Amtrak AGR
What is Polaris food like on UA82 these days? I am heading out out on it in a few days.

Should I eat in the Polaris Lounge in EWR or hold out for the on board fare?
Old Aug 8, 22, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by jmukerji View Post
What is Polaris food like on UA82 these days? I am heading out out on it in a few days.

Should I eat in the Polaris Lounge in EWR or hold out for the on board fare?
​​​jmukerji Welcome to FlyerTalk!

As a rule, it is always a good idea to eat a decent meal at the Polaris Lounge before boarding UA flight. On-board dining on UA metal has been crap of late.
If you end up getting served something decent, consider playing the lottery...quick.

(UA82 is EWR->DEL, for those not familiar)
Old Aug 8, 22, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
SFO-LHR, 777-200, late July, dinner.

I had a great pre-flight experience in the Polaris Lounge. Thankfully, I had plenty of delicious food there. The lemon budino dessert in the dining room was amazing. Drink lists below. The bartender was able to make a paper plane cocktail despite it no longer being listed.

Once aboard, PDB was offered, but I declined. Warm nuts and a drink served 45 min after takeoff. Gosset champagne was good.

The in-flight dinner is pictured below. The quinoa starter was ok, but the main dish (short rib, potatoes, turnips) was nearly inedible. Sundae was fine. I slept through breakfast, having no interest in the choices, and ate in the arrivals lounge. Even though the arrivals lounge is open until 2 pm, staff removed the a la carte menus and started cleanup at 1 pm. Buffet items were left out.

SFO Polaris Lounge cocktail list

SFO Polaris Lounge wine list

Low quality Polaris meal SFO-LHR
Old Aug 8, 22, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by JJ804 View Post
SFO-LHR, 777-200, late July, dinner.

I had a great pre-flight experience in the Polaris Lounge. Thankfully, I had plenty of delicious food there. The lemon budino dessert in the dining room was amazing. Drink lists below. The bartender was able to make a paper plane cocktail despite it no longer being listed.

SFO Polaris Lounge cocktail list

SFO Polaris Lounge wine list
Good to see a couple of non-alcoholic cocktails on offer at the SFO PL.

Your wine list pic only shows the reds; did you by chance take a photo of the whites?
Old Aug 8, 22, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold
CDG-SFO in J, August 8.

After using the dreadful Maple Leaf Lounge at Terminal 2, with its mystery meat and mini pastries, we were served a half of a breakfast burrito with some fruit and bread. Dessert was also offered.

despite leaving at 9am French time, no mid flight fresh food was served on this 11 hour flight, so I guess lunch is a meal we were unworthy of.

Fresh fruit served cocktail style for babies or older folks without a good set of teeth? Lol. United Polaris inflight food service is truly a joke. I really do hope you write to United and share these pictures.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 22, 7:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG UA G Hilton Diamond
PPT-SFO UA114

In reading the reviews of previous menus I had little hope but the beef was fine. The gratin potato was not what I expected.

Sunday was fine. Didnít eat the pre-arrival meal.

S/O ordered the tortellini which was terrible. The sauce was weirdly sweet.

Old Aug 9, 22, 1:14 am

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
08-August-2022 UA968 SFO-AMS

I was looking forward to trying the new August menus and I have to say that it’s a pretty significant improvement in my book. I had the beef and it was tender and well-seasoned and the portion size was perfect. The other members of my traveling party got the spinach flan and the tortellini and we’re both happy with their dishes. The pre-arrival egg dish tasted a lot better than it looked, but the packaged croissant was remarkably bad. It’s still a far cry from 2017 Polaris service, but at least it was edible. On the other hand, I couldn’t find a drinkable red wine to go with the meal.

gioannis13 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 22, 7:54 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by COA777 View Post
Fresh fruit served cocktail style for babies or older folks without a good set of teeth? Lol. United Polaris inflight food service is truly a joke. I really do hope you write to United and share these pictures.

Any ideas on the best way to contact them? I already sent a note through the website.
Old Aug 9, 22, 9:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Any ideas on the best way to contact them? I already sent a note through the website.
UA Customer care is the way to do it....If you used the form through this link you did it right. https://www.united.com/en/us/customercare

I have to say, your pic above might just be the worst we've seen so far.
tcdtcd likes this.
Old Aug 10, 22, 5:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG SPIRE AMB, et al.
UA881 ORD-HND
Polaris
July 2022

Definitely one of the better Polaris meals I've enjoyed recently. Short rib was decent and on board service was very good. It's nice to have proper courses again, instead of everything being delivered on a single tray for a 12hr flight.

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 10, 22, 8:09 pm

Programs: none

SFO-FRA aug10
WheelsUpGal likes this.
Old Aug 11, 22, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek View Post
UA881 ORD-HND
Polaris
July 2022

Definitely one of the better Polaris meals I've enjoyed recently. Short rib was decent and on board service was very good. It's nice to have proper courses again, instead of everything being delivered on a single tray for a 12hr flight.

-FlyerBeek
Entree actually looks good and well plated too...maybe a better crew.

What is that dish for breakfast? Rice?
Old Aug 11, 22, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
I wonder what they served in First Class on that flight...

Cheers,

-Cyborg
And look at those massive coffee/tea cups. I think you could pour at least 3 cups worth of the current ones into those.

Search this Thread