2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Old Feb 8, 22, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA Platinum/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
One of my co-workers just flew IAD-FRA and reported not much in terms of this trial service. PBD was water or champagne. Post departure Nuts and drinks were served first. Then salad bread and main all on one tray which sounds just like what its currently been everywhere. Choices were the usual Europe route choices of the rolled pasta, salmon, or beef. Then for dessert served after the main, a choice of cheese, ice cream with chocolate, or an apple pie. No digital menu of any form either. This seems like any flight I and everyone else in this thread have taken in the last couple of months. The only thing that seems slightly different from normal is the expanded dessert options. MatthewLAX is this what it's supposed to be?
Old Feb 8, 22, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyingrohit View Post
One of my co-workers just flew IAD-FRA and reported not much in terms of this trial service. PBD was water or champagne. Post departure Nuts and drinks were served first. Then salad bread and main all on one tray which sounds just like what its currently been everywhere. Choices were the usual Europe route choices of the rolled pasta, salmon, or beef. Then for dessert served after the main, a choice of cheese, ice cream with chocolate, or an apple pie. No digital menu of any form either. This seems like any flight I and everyone else in this thread have taken in the last couple of months. The only thing that seems slightly different from normal is the expanded dessert options. MatthewLAX is this what it's supposed to be?
Yes, I think that is it - three-course service, with extra dessert options.
Old Feb 8, 22, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
Yes, I think that is it - three-course service, with extra dessert options.
But I thought first course is supposed to include more appetizer options beyond the nuts? Or did I misunderstand that?
Old Feb 8, 22, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy gold
But I thought first course is supposed to include more appetizer options beyond the nuts? Or did I misunderstand that?
Seems like the service is the exact same as the pre covid long haul Hawaii service, not the pre covid Polaris service. Those courses are identical to what I was served in 2019 on a flight to HNL
Old Feb 8, 22, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Not yet. Hopefully a separate appetizer (in addition to the salad currently on offer) will make a return soon.

https://liveandletsfly.com/united-ai...service-trial/
Old Feb 8, 22, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
... a choice of cheese, ice cream with chocolate, or an apple pie...
I wonder if they'll let you choose both ice cream and apple pie or all three? I remember on the dessert cart, I'd ask for everything to make up for the crappy appetizer and entree.
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Feb 8, 22, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 2.9MM, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador (Lifetime Titanium) Elite
Originally Posted by eng3 View Post
I wonder if they'll let you choose both ice cream and apple pie or all three? I remember on the dessert cart, I'd ask for everything to make up for the crappy appetizer and entree.
Im flying IAH-FRA (UA 46) on Thursday and will make this request and report back. In the name of research.
Old Feb 8, 22, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by st530 View Post
Im flying IAH-FRA (UA 46) on Thursday and will make this request and report back. In the name of research.
Por favor bring some photos back with you as well
st530 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 22, 9:43 pm

Programs: united
I had the short rib on my TATL tonight- other choices were salmon and tube pasta.

I think the short rib is kinda misnamed. it tastes like pot roast- very good but it falls apart on your fork.

Sesame ginger salad dressing,, hot pretzel roll, and lemon sorbet were all good.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Feb 8, 22, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, sadly no appetizers yet.
Old Feb 8, 22, 10:56 pm

Programs: united
Breakfast on my flight is a choice of a hot fruity oatmeal dish or egg white bites with turkey sausage. i had the oatmeal. it's excellent
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Feb 9, 22, 3:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Breakfast on my flight is a choice of a hot fruity oatmeal dish or egg white bites with turkey sausage. i had the oatmeal. it's excellent
The oatmeal is excellent when it is hot. It's less appealing when served cold, which has happened to me on more than one occasion.
Old Feb 9, 22, 5:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
I had the short rib on my TATL tonight- other choices were salmon and tube pasta.

I think the short rib is kinda misnamed. it tastes like pot roast- very good but it falls apart on your fork.

Sesame ginger salad dressing,, hot pretzel roll, and lemon sorbet were all good.
Short rib is OK most of the time. Occasionally it is very fatty and bad. Luck of the draw.

Did you really have a hot pretzel roll? Was it served in the plastic still?
This has been a real miss since COVID...was always cold, crumbly, and really inedible.
Old Feb 9, 22, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
Short rib is OK most of the time. Occasionally it is very fatty and bad. Luck of the draw.

Did you really have a hot pretzel roll? Was it served in the plastic still?
This has been a real miss since COVID...was always cold, crumbly, and really inedible.
You didnt ask me, but I have consistently received a hot pretzel roll from LAX. IME, it is IAH/EWR stations that dont warm the bread.
Old Feb 9, 22, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
You didnt ask me, but I have consistently received a hot pretzel roll from LAX. IME, it is IAH/EWR stations that dont warm the bread.
Interesting. I have travelled quite a bit since COVID started, and never had a warmed roll. At best, it's been slightly colder then room temp.
At worst, almost frozen.

I am not West Coast, so this has been flights out of at least EWR/ORD/LHR/FRA. Probably others, but can't recall specifically.

Search this Thread