Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by wpcoe
Are you referring to st530 's post? If so, that was a flight to Japan, and your menu is a flight from Japan.
Yes, I was referring to st530 (that's me actually)'s post. The menu is what was provided on the EWR-NRT flight, but you rightly observe that the menu says ex-JPN, so most likely my friend was given the wrong menu (which would also explain the salmon and French toast, neither of which is on the provided menu).
Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:55 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by eng3
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
...Perhaps a "creative" substitute by an FA due to miscatering or attempt to cover insufficient quantity of the french toast option.....
I'm not sure a FA would risk their job trying to substitute their own food for missing food. Though I did have a pretty new FA hand out candy she personally brought on Halloween in F..
Originally Posted by eng3
Originally Posted by Kmxu
FA does not follow the menu, even a menu is available. I got the salmon salad as a late dinner for IAH-LIM although I asked for salmon meal later after taking off. FA also added a lot of cookies/bread to make a meal.
There's a difference between cobbling together a meal from what catering has provided and serving food personally sourced from an unknown outside supplier.
Never suggested it was personal food but rather bits and pieces from what was catered.

FAs will do this for those needing something not (or under) catered such as vegetarian meals.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
SFO-SIN

Menu

Seared salmon

Ice cream sundae

Egg custard tart

Spinach and kale egg white bites
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:17 pm
HAF

Originally Posted by leoo
Menu

Seared salmon

Ice cream sundae

Egg custard tart

Spinach and kale egg white bites
improvement?!!!
Old Aug 5, 2022, 3:52 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
UA 160 MUC-IAH on August 5: I believe this is an updated menu. It certainly is vastly more appealing than the one I came inbound on. More to come when meal service occurs.

Old Aug 5, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
SFO-FRA 8/3

The beef was medium to medium well but decently tender. Ate at the Polaris lounge so they held the main beef entree until past halfway through the flight. Breakfast had eggs with a slightly runny yolk which was impressive.
elitefreak, gutt22, rch4u and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Never suggested it was personal food but rather bits and pieces from what was catered.

FAs will do this for those needing something not (or under) catered such as vegetarian meals.
I see, I guess I was over-estimating the level of creativity
Old Aug 5, 2022, 10:42 am

I’ve been following this thread for a while to set expectations for my trip coming up in a few weeks. I was totally prepared to be served an entree of Brown Lump in Brown Sauce with a side of Cauliflower and Grapes. The past few photos, though, have made me a bit more optimistic about what I’ll eat.
Boraxo and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by zeke3
I’ve been following this thread for a while to set expectations for my trip coming up in a few weeks. I was totally prepared to be served an entree of Brown Lump in Brown Sauce with a side of Cauliflower and Grapes. The past few photos, though, have made me a bit more optimistic about what I’ll eat.
I'm on the daytime EWR-LHR flight in a week (8/12). I'll be sure to post pics!
tcdtcd and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by zeke3
"It's the hope that kills you"

I would still keep expectations low.
gutt22, FlytheTail, seanp7 and 6 others like this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by goodeats21
"It's the hope that kills you"

I would still keep expectations low.
Agree - hope is not a strategy -- eating in the PL / BYOF is the right play for now....
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Agree - hope is not a strategy -- eating in the PL / BYOF is the right play for now....
Geez, if we're spending over $6K each for a biz RT, it should be restaurant quality.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by DUHCAR
Geez, if we're spending over $6K each for a biz RT, it should be restaurant quality.
It is restaurant quality. Just so happens that the restaurant equivalent is Golden Corral
Old Aug 5, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by VWang1111

The beef was medium to medium well but decently tender. Ate at the Polaris lounge so they held the main beef entree until past halfway through the flight. Breakfast had eggs with a slightly runny yolk which was impressive.
United giveth and taketh away. Presentation and quality here certainly looks like an improvement, but what’s up with the 2 vegetarian entrees and no seafood option? Seems like they’ve found another way to cut costs.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I must say this combo looks very nice. I look forward to trying it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.