2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
BTW BA who is normally a low performer in service had a printed menu on ABZ-LHR (1 hour in the air)
I saw mention of this on the BA board. They provide menus on domestics because apparently the law requires them to show calorie information. But oddly they don't provide menus on short European flights that are longer than domestics.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the “menu” on today’s LHR-DEN
i’ts July but we’ll get the June food. Copy of FA instructions instead of a printed menu. BTW BA who is normally a low performer in service had a printed menu on ABZ-LHR (1 hour in the air)

img
The zucchinis in the chicken dish look like Witchetty grubs. They should cross-hatch or at least angle the grill marks to avoid that resemblance.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by nevansm
Oh great. I assume the pre-arrival service is nothing enhanced too, just the normal offerings. I'll be having a nice big breakfast and bringing aboard some charcuterie or something. I might as well get the email to 1KVoice in my draft items now.
I flew this route a few weeks ago and you can see the offering earlier in the thread here - 2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Extremely small portions so highly suggest bringing some food onboard. Also note once you go through passport control at GVA there is almost no places to buy food so definitely pick some up in the main terminal prior to customs.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Platinum, BA Gold
UA 977 SNN-EWR July 24

PDB of the crappy sparkling. No menus given but they were the usual options ex Europe. Asked for the actual champagne after takeoff but it tasted like the crappy stuff. Asked again if it was champagne and was told it was but didn't drink it and then saw the mini sparkling bottles opened in the galley. 🙄

Food really is horrible these days. I am not a picky eater at all but this food was nearly inedible. The grape cauliflower thing is strange and the chicken that I ordered was so tough that I could hardly choke it down. When I asked for the dessert and the cheese they agreed and this filled me up. Cous cous or "hamburger" options before landing but it was actually the hamburger wellington. FAs were not that good. Will write another letter to 1KVoice like I have been doing for the past few years although it doesn't seem to do much good.

Old Jul 29, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
the “menu” on today’s LHR-DEN
i’ts July but we’ll get the June food.
Pretty sure the notion of rotating menus monthly and having four rotations per year went out the window as soon as July 1, the first time the menus were due to rotate, hit.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by elbombo
….

I guess the 50 cents worth of garnish to decorate the burger plate is 50 cents too much.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
Originally Posted by nevansm
I'm flying GVA EWR (957) 920a departure in a few months, it's shown as breakfast, is this actually what's served? If so, that's a real let down, breakfast is always the worst meal on most airlines, but especially UA.

I took this flight a few weeks ago and it was breakfast.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Originally Posted by jasonp622
I took this flight a few weeks ago and it was breakfast.
Does anybody know which departure time shifts menu from breakfast to lunch? The 9.15 cdg SFO gets breakfast, the 9.45 cdg EWR gets lunch. While all the food is subpar, the lunch is much better than the breakfast on int'l IMHO.....
AustinWeatherGuy and ARR72 like this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 3:08 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Originally Posted by dkc192
Pretty sure the notion of rotating menus monthly and having four rotations per year went out the window as soon as July 1, the first time the menus were due to rotate, hit.
Hoping to see a NEW MENU for August and September??? Pretty Please????
tcdtcd and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: United 1K/*G, HHonors Platinum
July 20-28 LAX-LHR roundtrip. The food was consistently bad on both legs. On the outbound, snacks and drinks at the PL were fine. On the inbound, the 4:15PM departure and the expected quality of the food made us eat a small meal at the UC (beef lasagna and a vegetarian Indian dish; both were quite good) prior to boarding.

The appetizer/salad was interesting:

There was a mystery smoked fish that tasted awful, rendering the entire appetizer difficult to eat.
For the main, I chose the beef short ribs that I have had a few times before (LAX-NRT for example). But this time it was pretty chewy and bad.
The breakfast choice of gruyere-cocotte egg had only the egg going for it. Too many conflicting tastes in my opinion.

On the inbound leg, the menu listed the dreaded roasted cauliflower salad and as much as I like cauliflower it was very dry and tasteless in my view.
And my choice of chicken breast with herbs was not edible. The chicken breast was very difficult to cut and tasted like cardboard. I gave up after one bite.

As mentioned above, the snacks I had in the UC saved the evening for me.
Service was hit and miss. The crew ran out of a decent Cabernet Sauvignon very quickly. I was guarding the remainder of the only glass I got carefully, thinking that I would drink a second glass of wine, a Pinot Noir, and then finish off with a few sips of a bigger wine. Alas, the FA on my side had other ideas and she very quickly poured the Pinot onto the remainder of my Cab. That was the end of wine drinking for the night for me. I went to sleep after that.
The PDBs were fine and the crew started out very attentive. Again, my side was the "miss" side. My request of coke zero to wash down the Wellington burger (pretty good in my view) was greeted with "cream or sugar with that?". I had to repeat myself twice.
So, the food was pretty bad on both legs. It is just amazing how UA fails so consistently. I have an LAX-NRT on UA in about 2 weeks and I will eat at the PL prior for sure. The return is on NH and although it is the late flight out of HND, I plan to eat everything on their menu!
Old Jul 29, 2022, 8:12 pm
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Den-lhr ua27 3 aug 22 Polaris

Preorder dinner choices:

A. Pasticcio three cheese tortellini bowl with vegan Bolognese, vegan meatballs, blistered cherry tomatoes and a bechamel sauce
B. Seared chicken breast with onion compote, Pommes Pont Neuf, roasted carrots and shallots plus tarragon demi glace
C. Colorado flat iron steak with chateau potatoes, charred rapini, mustard sauce, green onion and Fresno chili peppers
D. Spinach flan with oyster mushrooms with English pea coulis, yellow teardrop tomatoes, roasted corn kernels and fried fingerling potato chips

Or a special meal request:
We offer a variety of special meals on our flight to meet your dietary needs.
  • Kosher Meal
  • Asian Vegetarian Meal
  • Gluten-free Meal
  • Vegetarian (Non-Dairy) Meal
DEN
Old Jul 29, 2022, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by DEN
Preorder dinner choices:

A. Pasticcio three cheese tortellini bowl with vegan Bolognese, vegan meatballs, blistered cherry tomatoes and a bechamel sauce
B. Seared chicken breast with onion compote, Pommes Pont Neuf, roasted carrots and shallots plus tarragon demi glace
C. Colorado flat iron steak with chateau potatoes, charred rapini, mustard sauce, green onion and Fresno chili peppers
D. Spinach flan with oyster mushrooms with English pea coulis, yellow teardrop tomatoes, roasted corn kernels and fried fingerling potato chips

• Kosher Meal
  • Asian Vegetarian Meal
  • Gluten-free Meal
DEN
The future looks better - was this a dream?
wrp96, tcdtcd, jasonp622 and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 8:23 pm
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
We can only hope better days are ahead…….

DEN
IndyHoosier likes this.

Last edited by DEN; Jul 29, 2022 at 8:28 pm
Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
WOW! So a big Aug 1 change/upgrade??

Let’s see how it turns out.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DEN
Preorder dinner choices:

• Kosher Meal
  • Asian Vegetarian Meal
  • Gluten-free Meal
DEN
These are the choices for all USA to Europe PM departures for August 2022.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.